Remove or Fix Volatiles

Today I got hit by a volatile drop bear. It dropped onto me. I didnt even see it was a rare one much less a Nemesis one. They are quite small so this can be difficult to spot especially if some other mob or the character is in front of the drop bear. And they hit quite hard. So they explode for a lot of damage (due to volatile "damage rules"). It died shortly after to CA cloud and took ~40% of my health. The map had no damage mods and was only T10. It would have been a RIP on higher tier with respective mods.

And with burning ground (which I dislike in large part because of this kind of problem) and gfx spam skill like Firestorm (which I dont use because of this kind of problem) the situation is a lot worse.

I am unaware of any "sane" counterplay for this.

Edit: typo
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
Last edited by Zrevnur on May 18, 2017, 4:24:38 AM
Last bumped on May 30, 2017, 3:09:21 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Volatiles should be nerfed or removed from game.
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
Pretty much same thing happend in T12 today (Shaped Ashen Woods so the ground color makes it extra hard to spot the rare/Nemesis on a drop bear). Except that I took far less damage.
While not engaging a particular enemy is an option in most cases, the general point is valid. Perhaps volatility should have a distinctive aura of its own, and give the explosion a short delay (in the vein of the 'flowers' bearers leave behind) with an obvious cue (when the tango dies, the aura remains around the corpse, but flickers).
White Knight of the Order of Mihoshi Enthusiasts
"Destroyed overnight, or the next one's free."
i heard some rumours about volatiles and reflect being reworked. but maybe that is just a rumour?

for the time being for you hardcore players you might not wanna do nemesis map mods and nemesis leaguestones to avoid it altogether.

The base damage of the explosion is equal to the total attack damage of the monster. The base damage might then be subject to modifiers that make it deal significantly more than a single instance of a default attack.
"
Zrevnur wrote:

some time ago it was changed that some of the monsters from a "hidden monster pack" are not hidden. If you see one, play carefully
"
almostdead wrote:
"
Zrevnur wrote:

some time ago it was changed that some of the monsters from a "hidden monster pack" are not hidden. If you see one, play carefully

If you mean "disengage and inspect every drop bear which drops before killing it because it could possibly be a volatile rare" or something of the sort then I do not consider that "sane counterplay". Otherwise I am curious as to what you mean with "play carefully"?
*hates Volatiles*
*scowls*
>:(
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
Path of One Shot
“If freedom of [censored] is taken away, then [censored] and [censored] we may be led, like [censored] to the [censored].” - George Washington
Play melee.
Neden yaşıyorsun?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info