Please please help 0 DPS...

Hello everyone,

I am fairly new to POE, and I decided to follow a build that seem's to work for several people : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1892282
They call it raincheif

I followed the skill tree to amplify, then ancestral bond and then to resolute technique and now im working my way back down.

I'm level 41, and obviously havnt got many legendarys, but I can barely kill mobs at my own level...
Maybe I'm missing something so I can just "click". I don't know if there are any websites where someone ca check my gear/skills/passives or should I take some screen shoots for you.

I also have a rather important question, as this build is built around 1 skill - totems, I read that you can have items up to 6 sockets. Say for exemple they ALL are linked in a "S" form, the skill at the top of the S gets affected by the support skill at the bottom if on the same item, or does it need to have a direct link? Making one skill only allowed to be "buffed" max 2x?

I don't wanna waste my orbs either, but I need to find a way to boost my characters DPS or I won't be able to XP anymore, so please any help crafting/boosting an item would be appreciated if it would make a significant boost in my DPS.

I appreciate the time and help that is put into helping, and hopefully I can help someone else out in return one day.

Best regards

Odinswill
(Amsterdam server)
Last bumped on May 18, 2017, 5:06:42 PM
You can link your character from the poe site.

Links link everything, it doesn't matter where your gems sit. in a 6L, once skill can be buffed by all other 5 supports. You can also add several skill, who will all use the remaining support sockets etc. Some items have a triggered damage or spawn a minion etc ... there all supports are used even unlinked... but that's only for those special items.

I grab Ancestral Bond only, if my totems start to do damage .. I work my way there but I don't take it, yet. There's plenty of good levelling skills you can use until the totems do decent damage. The important damage sources are a) a good weapon. The warchief uses your weapon b) the physical damage nodes and c) the totem nodes. Before you got a few of those and a good weapon, the totem will do crap damage. Also: Warchief is an AoE skill ... so aoe nodes etc help make it damage larger groups. Try to get a few of those nodes close to your currently active tree before going far off to grab something far away.

For levelling, you can consider using the "Skirmish" quiver ... it allows you to use an extra totem. But it will not allow you to use a weapon, so you have to use facebreaker gloves in addition to bring our unarmed damage up. Works very nicely though and you should be able to get both fairly cheap, if you don't get top end facebreakers. Later in game, you can not afford to use the quiver, you'll need a defense of some sort in that slot .. .but early on, it's great.

Also consider buying a Tabula Rasa to have an early levelling 6L. It lasts very far for some builds, up into the 60ies. Very early on you might run out of mana/life (with Blood Magic) with expensively supported skills, though.

Also wear jewellery supporting warchief: iron ring types with physical damage added and belts with increased physical damage etc will massively boost your damage output, especially once you have nodes boosting that damage as well.
Last edited by voonvoon on May 13, 2017, 8:14:43 AM
Hey, for basic and intermediate understanding of the game I'll recommend EngineeringEternity on Youtube.

As for your char, for a leveling dude I can't see anything wrong with him. Doing better now at 60+?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info