NPC & Classes' Quotes Log & Playback Suggestion

Hello.
First off I just wanna say that after 1620 hours of gameplay, this is my very first post on the forum, and I'd just like to start off by thanking the entire GGG team for the amazing game that is Path of Exile and for their continuous support for the game. Thank you.

Now, Path of Exile does a LOT of things right : True F2P, amazing Gameplay, immense possibilities, excellent music, constant support, etc...

But one thing I believe PoE excels at more than all the above, is the Writing, and specifically Character and NPC dialogue. I believe the writing is some of the BEST I have ever seen in video games and easily THE best of any MMO ever.

The story is quite enticing and the lore is astoundingly deep for an MMO, and it is a pleasure to read the Flavour text of Unique Items and Divination Cards etc... But most of all, what I truly enjoy is listening to the awesome Voice actors and their captivating writing, such as Izaro's, the Shaper's, and the Forsaken Masters'.

Now with the upcoming Fall of Oriath expansion, the already amazing and deep story and lore are gonna be richer than ever, and I am very excited for this, and I can't wait to listen to more of the outstanding Character and NPC dialogues.

But this leads to my problem and suggestion : There is no way to play back or read MOST of the dialogue in the game.

Some examples are :

*Environmental Lore : You have to actually go and play the area which contains said Lore, clear your surroundings and then listen to it. Most important since this also includes the Trials' and Labyrinth Monographs.
*Character reactions : Like when you play through the story and enter a new area, each character would say a different quote, and there is no way to hear them after the first time.
*The Shaper's Memory Fragments : Same as Environmental Lore, only harder to hear since their appearance in Maps are random.
*Shaper's Quotes : When you enter a Map for the first time. You can no longer hear them after the map is completed. Also includes the first encounters and final fight.
*Izaro's Quotes : All quotes from Izaro can't be played back and must play the Labyrinth to hear SOME of them.
*Other Bosses' Quotes : Dominus, Malachai, Voll... All a pleasure to hear, all a hassle to get to.

This is where my suggestion comes in : I wish to see a Tab (just like the Challenges and Achievements tabs) called Log, Lore or something similar, that would regroup all environmental and character Lore and quotes discovered or heard, readable and playable at will. And, not to be too greedy but just maybe a couple of Switches on said tab that would enable Shaper Map quotes and Character Area quotes to be played back when entering their appropriate Map or Area, even though it is not the first time.

When I first started playing PoE, I was actually surprised that a game of this quality doesn't already have something like this implemented, when some other games (Such as Diablo 3) already implement it. Imagine, being at your hideout and remembering that one quote that is your favourite, and being able to read and listen to it with a quick scroll through the Tab. Also when you need to remember something precise Lore-wise, what with the upcoming 3.0 Expansion adding more lore and dept to the game, doing so just from a Town or Hideout would be extremely convenient.

I believe this will be a great addition to the game and it will stand as a testament to what a truly great writing it has, and I hope for this idea to reach the team and earn a bit of internal discussion and consideration.

Thank you.
Last bumped on May 7, 2017, 7:37:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info