Help me understand power charge

Hi all, I just started playing today and can't seem to stop :D

I started a Fire based witch and I noticed a skill called " Power Charge" http://tinyurl.com/7jkjxrw is the build I plan.

- How do I get these charges?
- Advice on my build is welcome too :)

Last bumped on Mar 25, 2017, 8:50:30 PM
Power charges are gained from landing the killing blow with a skill called Siphon, which basically is a slightly stronger attack with your wand.

Each power charge you have gives you a +50% crit chance to your base rate.

By default you can only hold 2 charges for up to 10 seconds before they disappear.

Passive skills will increase the number and duration of the charges.

There is also a unique armor that will give you a charge with each critical that you land, called Voll's Protector. In exchange the armor cuts your total mana in half.

As for your build, I would recommend against getting life passives. I would also recommend against speccing for a specific element unless you're sure.
Last edited by Eldkraft on Feb 12, 2012, 1:23:36 AM
Thank you for your reply!

"
Power charges are gained from landing the killing blow with a skill called Siphon, which basically is a slightly stronger attack with your wand.

So a fireball is a Siphon, or the normal attack a item gives, sorry it is still a bit vague for me.

- If I would go for that armor where do I get it?
- Should consider putting some points in mana?

"
I would also recommend against speccing for a specific element unless you're sure.

Well I just started so I should try everything out but my knowledge of gaming from games like Diablo is that if you deveiate too much from a certain build it is not so strong.

So i'm trying to focus on fire for now :)
There is a skill called 'power siphon' which gives power charges if you get the killing blow with it. It is a wand only skill though. Fireball will not give power charges, power siphon is the specific skill name.

Power siphon is also not a 'spell', it is consider a skill and based off physical damage, unlike fireball.

There is a passive that gives a power charge on minion death, as well as one that gives a power charge on melee critical hit.

Voll's Protector, the unique armor mentioned previously gives a power charge on ANY critical hit. You can get them from drops (very rare) or buying from other players.

If you are going into fire, you will want to try to get your casting speed up as fast as possible as that is the advantage of fire spells. You can also get a lot of damage from the burn effects that occurs afterwards.

Critical hits/power charges is more suited for cold damage spells.
what elemet is the power charge? is it fire, cold, or lightning?
"
trueskillz189 wrote:
what elemet is the power charge? is it fire, cold, or lightning?

Power charges are not a certain element, they are just a general buff.

Pretty much power charges just buff your critical chance, you can have 3 by default, helping a bandit (alira on merciless) can give another. More can be obtained through your skill tree or through gear.

Generating them can either be done via specific skills (power siphon like that guy said) or through other means. Popular ones are:

1. Use a skill called orb of storms. Link it with power charge on crit. Now when it crits you get power charges.

2. Herald of ice linked with curse on hit + assassins mark. This takes up your curse slot, but applies assassin's mark when it hits, which in turn will give power charges when you kill the cursed enemies.

Just using assassins mark on a blasphemy (turns your curse into an aura that affects nearby enemies) also works quite well.

3. Certain unique items can grant power charges. See: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Voll%27s_Protector
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Blue_Dream
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Skyforth

There are many more than this

Although uniques such as these are usually build defining and should not be used randomly because you need some charges, there are better ways of generating them such as #1 and #2.

If you are new to the game I would highly suggest following a build guide of some sort, it is easy to get lost, PoE has a lot of depth to it.
"
Pu1pFriction wrote:
There is a skill called 'power siphon' which gives power charges if you get the killing blow with it. It is a wand only skill though. Fireball will not give power charges, power siphon is the specific skill name.

Power siphon is also not a 'spell', it is consider a skill and based off physical damage, unlike fireball.

There is a passive that gives a power charge on minion death, as well as one that gives a power charge on melee critical hit.

Voll's Protector, the unique armor mentioned previously gives a power charge on ANY critical hit. You can get them from drops (very rare) or buying from other players.

If you are going into fire, you will want to try to get your casting speed up as fast as possible as that is the advantage of fire spells. You can also get a lot of damage from the burn effects that occurs afterwards.

Critical hits/power charges is more suited for cold damage spells.

Voll's Protector is not rare at all.

Sources of Power charges:
Romira's Banquet (Item - On non-critical strike)
Assassin's Mark (Curse - Grants 30% chance on kill of gaining a power charge)
Power Charge on Critical Strike (Support Gem - 54% chance of gaining a power charge on critical strike)
Ice Spear/Cold Snap - Ice spear requires helmet enchantment, cold snap requires threshold jewel.

actually... just look here http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Power_charge

It works the same way as the other charges in the game (endurance/frenzy charge). Charges are gained from items/skills and last a default duration of 10 seconds.
Why so serious?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info