[2.6] [LHC] CwC poison detonate dead occultist [RIP]

Build is not viable in 3.0
RIP

Hello and welcome. Any suggestions how to make the build better are always appreciated. Currently i am lvl 86 in legacy hardcore league.

Pros and cons

+Cheap to start
+More than decent damage with next to no investments
+Damage scales with mob hp. If you have enough damage to clear t1 - you have enough damage to clear t15.
+Reflect-proof

Not recommended to level with. You should level with essence drain or whatever way you like to at least lvl 70. Preferably even 80. Switching to DD early (like a did) is quite a painful expirience. You need to setup everything first for it to function properly.

-Capping resistances for elemental weakness maps is really hard.
-Our clearspeed is gated by necessity of casting desecrate before approaching new pack and i see no way this could be bypassed. Thus it is not the fastest.
-Infernal mantle forces us to make unoptimal choices gear-wise.

Gear

Ignore links here and head to "Gems" section for links.

This is the core of the build and doesnt need much explanation. In theory we can drop infernal mantle and go for high es chest, but according to PoB mantle multiplies our damage by 1.5 and is just too sweet to pass on. It is up to you though, test around and find out what works for you.
I suggest corrupting consuming darks since they are so cheap now, you dont really need their implicit (it helps proccing EO a bit but not much) and you dont care about spell damage roll (dd isnt scaled by spell damage). You can get culling strike, additional chance to block when DW, or if you go for vaal pact any elemental leech will help (explanations are in "Leech" section.)

The rest of the gear as follows:
Helmet
Highest es helmet with as much res as you can get. I recommend buying a crafting base with good enchantment and craft it youself. See "Enchantments" for more info. My selfcrafted helm (got a bit lucky)

Gloves
I highly recommend getting gloves with "curses enemy with temporal chains on hit".
Cheap option is Asenath's Gentle.

More expensive is some rare or unique corrupted gloves with best es value and res you can find.
Why not vulnerability? Temporal chains not only gives us more damage but also works as a defensive mechanic. TC is superior to vuln and i would strongly recommend to get TC in every case.
Why do we even bother with curse on hit gloves and are not using any other way to apply curse? Check "Ascendancy" section for more info.

Boots
For boots we need 4G links. So unless you want to spend 1k chromes trying to color pure es boots, there are some options.
Cheap - Sin trek. 30% ms, decent es, easy to color. Downside is 0 res.
Second option is just rare 30% ms hybrid (es/ev) boots with some res.
Third, more expensive option is Brinerot Whalers. Good es, up to 40% res, immune to shock ground. But physical and proj damage on them is wasted.
My boots now are

Rings
Since we are using infernal mantle, we want to be above 35% all the time. So at least one -mana cost elreon ring is recommended. Just buy some res base, regal it and craft extra res.
Endgame option is double elreon multicrafted rings.

Belt
Not much to say. Maximum es. maximum res. Str roll might be a good bonus.
My belt is crap and needs to be replaced.

Flasks
Personal preference. I will only note two unique flasks.
Atziri promise - gives us ~23% damage boost and a strong 2% leech. Recommended.
Witchfire brew - gives us ~17% damage boost. Not great for its cost so you might want to skip it.
Be sure to get antibleed, antifreeze and antiburn flask as every other ci build should. Also while you dont have two elreon rings or running map with no regen you might want to bring mana flask to ensure you dont drop below 35% mana so mantle downside wont kick in.

Tree

Core tree
You have options after that. Vaal pact / ghost reaver (see leech section), taking es nodes, taking chaos damage at the shadow start area gives us huge dmg boost, you can also go through evasion nodes into second skill duration cluster, you can go for third curse, you can go for jewel via as, you can go for "elementalist" for some extra res.

Bandits

Normal - Kill all or help Kraitlyn (extra res might be a good option esp on lower budget)
Cruel - Kill all
Merc - Kill all

Leech

If we want to be more safe, we can go for vaal pact/ghost reaver combo. It costs 3 points and i think is worth investing (at least in hc).Leech will not be that great (we scale poison dmg after all) but it is a bit helpful. There are some sources of leech we can get.
1 Boot enchant (won't help much in prolonged boss fights but good for general mapping)
2 Atziri flask (2% chaos leech? Yes please!)
3 Warlord's mark (Not recommended. Reduced curse effectivness vs bosses makes it weak, and it is hard to apply for general mapping)
4 Corrupted daggers with elemental leech + hungry abyss jewel. (Couldn't test it myself, but in theory with double leech daggers should be good)
5 Life leech gem (Only an option for 6l)

Gems

Body 5l - CwC - Wither - Detonate dead - Void manipulation - Elemental focus. For super hard bosses swap ele focus for conc effect. In 99% cases you wont need swapping.
Helm 4l - CwC - Wither - Desecrate - Faster Casting. You can also use manual cast. esp if you have quality desecrate and faster casting gems.
Boots 4l - Desecrate - Trap - Multiple traps - Cluster traps
Gloves 4l - CWDT(max lvl your str allows you, 18 lvl at least is recommended for lvl 100 corpses) - desecrate - chaos golem - enfeeble
Two daggers 3l
This is completely up to you, these slots are free. Some ideas
Whirling blades - faster attacks - fortify
Spell totem - wither - faster casting
Flame dash - faster casting - w/e else
Cwdt(lowlvl) - immortal call - increased duration/vortex
Vaal detonate dead - increased aoe

Be sure to stick discipline somewhere. It is the only aura we use.
Vaal detonate dead is great, even with no links. Give it a try and if your screen doesnt freeze you may fall in love with this gem.

A word about gem quality. If you use manual cast desecrate, getting quality on both desecrate and faster casting is nice, since by default it has an awful cast time which will slow you down.
Getting quality on cwc, void manipulation and elemental damage boost our damage a bit, if you can - get it, if you cant - forget it.

Enchantments

Helmet
Detonate dead damage or additional chance to explode second corpse?
DD damage gives us ~15% of total dps. Not that bad.
In theory, extra explosion gives us 45% of total dps, but only if we have enough corpses to blow up. Also it should help us with pack clearing and gives us higher burst damage.
My choice is extra explosion.

Gloves
Most likely you will get corrupted gloves and wont be able to enchant it. In case you go for cheap unique ones or want to corrupt one yourself take in consideration that glove enchantments proc "on hit" temporal chains. So any "when hit" enchants will work like cwdt - temporal chains, which is somewhat useful.

Boots
If you go for leech best ones are obv life and mana leech. If not, there are some other options:
16% increased Attack and Cast Speed if you've Killed Recently (for wb speed)
120% increased Critical Strike Chance if you haven't Crit Recently (for better EO uptime)
10% increased Movement Speed if you haven't been Hit Recently (for obvious reasons)
Or any of the dodge/evade ones for extra safety. (not much but something)

Ascendancy

I suggest going occultist as it has quite a nice synergy with our kit, some extra defense mechanics and the best damage of everything else. There is an option to go necro, it is overall weaker, but has some intresting things in its kit and might achieve a better clearspeed.
Order:
Void Beacon -> Profane bloom -> Wicked ward -> Malediction
A word about profane bloom. This is a brilliant passive. it helps us solve some aoe problems, and a single explsion of white mob is enough to oneshot a rare. But for it to work the mob must be cursed. With aoe nerfs blasphemy isn't doing its job and has an awful range. Curse on hit setups are slow and still do not provide enough curse uptime. So the choice is to go for curse on hit gloves. This way every mob we hit is cursed, so it takes 10% more dmg and is able to explode. This is extremely helpful in offscreen situations.

Jewels

To be done

To do list

Placeholder lel

Last edited by tremerrr on Aug 5, 2017, 5:46:23 PM
Last bumped on Aug 5, 2017, 5:23:20 PM
Reserved just in case
Update tree please, it is rip due to 3.0.
"
kultttemo wrote:
Update tree please, it is rip due to 3.0.

Unfortunately, this build is completely dead. As dead as it can be. Poison scaling is reworked, so the whole core makes no sense now. CI is gutted and it might be impossible to get any reasonable amount of ES without using shield.
If you are into idea of using cwc-DD, then the only viable thing i can think of is using pure fire elementalist/necro/chieftain with scorching ray, scaling just raw damage and not relying on aliments.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info