ASTA Online (Nostalgic feel of Vanilla WoW)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/612290

ASTA is an MMORPG from China which is heavily inspired by WoW. It takes a lot of good aspects of WoW and mixes it with FUN. There is so much detail in the features.

For example, crafting is reminiscent of WoW where you can go out and harvest ore/herbs... You can also hire an NPC and queue up to 5 tasks to harvest stuff for you and he has a rare chance of bringing back various other rare goods.

The game offers everything you would expect from a traditional MMORPG and a lot more... I usually tend to try these MMORPGs and uninstall them quickly but ASTA has held my attention. It brings back some nostalgic feelings from vanilla WoW.

The reason for me posting is to spread the word about a very well done MMORPG. (There is an ocean of MMO's right now and only a few tadpoles which are good)
twitch.tv/rasereiamok
Last bumped on May 4, 2017, 5:24:21 PM
"
raserei wrote:
ASTA is an MMORPG from China...

Once you said "China", I lost all interest. ;-)
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Saw steam reviews, saw its p2w, no thx. There are private wow servers that do it better.
Spreading salt since 2006
It feels like every single Chinese MMO was made with literally the same engine. I'ma still try it because why not.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
False, the game is not from china is is Korean lol. Sad part is many people look at reviews and go "nothx" but if you try it yourself you could see the game is pretty amazing..I am enjoying it A LOT all it is missing is more players and it could blossom from there. If I looked at the reviews I probably wouldnt try it myself. Heres a lesson that took me a long time to learn and I went through a lot of crap "listening" to peoples opinion: Dont! Just DONT...the only relevant opinion is how YOU feel and the only way YOU can feel anything is trying it out yourself.
Last edited by aerriasilver on May 3, 2017, 3:52:47 PM
"
aerriasilver wrote:
Sad part is many people look at reviews and go "nothx" but if you try it yourself you could see the game is pretty amazing.

Or people see it's from China, Korea, Singapore, Hong Kong, etc. and say no thanks. I've played a ton of those MMOs back in the days, and every single one of them had that Asian-gamer taint. The P2W publishers, the so-Asian MTXes, the Internet-Cafe community, the poor Chinlish/Korlish, etc. translations, and bad server availability for those in North American.

So yeah, again, no thanks. :-)
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on May 3, 2017, 5:01:29 PM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
I dunno, I'm sort of Terafied of these things. I don't mean to sound vindictus, it's not really in my lineage to be that way, but let's not be rose-glassed about this. Mabinogi this stuff is for you, mabinot. Flyff no qualms with it but my expectations have been ragnaroked pretty hard. I'm sure there are allods of decent MMOs but decent isn't enough anymore. It's easy to be suckered in though. These games can be so pretty skyforge get how insidious the financial model really is.

What are you slaying? I dota even...
I thought vanilla WoW was shit. I played the game for a bit prior to even burning crusade release, and it drove me nuts how your characters moved like a grandmother with a walker, and then after you got mounts, you moved up to average human jogging speed....Just moving around from point A to B was an extraordinarily massive chore. I felt like other players got in my way more often than they helped. I found the game to be more frustrating than fun for these reasons. Creating an environment where other players can actually get in your way of collecting resources, or getting exp, just makes things even more toxic than they'd be otherwise.

I prefer individually instanced areas, so those who prefer to solo for a bit can do so without having compete for resources and mobs with other players.

There was another game I played around that same time period called City of Heroes, and they did everything right that vanilla WoW did wrong, IMO.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on May 3, 2017, 6:15:12 PM
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
I thought vanilla WoW was shit. I played the game for a bit prior to even burning crusade release, and it drove me nuts how your characters moved like a grandmother with a walker, and then after you got mounts, you moved up to average human jogging speed....Just moving around from point A to B was an extraordinarily massive chore. I felt like other players got in my way more often than they helped. I found the game to be more frustrating than fun for these reasons.

I prefer individually instanced areas, so those who prefer to solo for a bit can do so without having compete for resources and mobs with other players.

There was another game I played around that same time period called City of Heroes, and they did everything right that vanilla WoW did wrong, IMO.

Many people prefer vanilla and BC because everything was slower. It added to the illusion that the world is yuge. And getting a 100% increased speed mount was a big feat because it was expensive as fuck.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
I dunno, I'm sort of Terafied of these things. I don't mean to sound vindictus, it's not really in my lineage to be that way, but let's not be rose-glassed about this. Mabinogi this stuff is for you, mabinot. Flyff no qualms with it but my expectations have been ragnaroked pretty hard. I'm sure there are allods of decent MMOs but decent isn't enough anymore. It's easy to be suckered in though. These games can be so pretty skyforge get how insidious the financial model really is.

You might as well write a maple story. ;)
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info