Damage and health numbers

Hello, I just wanted to quickly discuss people's opinions on what they like it terms of the "size" of health and damage.

Probably could've worded this better but basically I am talking about games where 1000 is a lot and games where 100,000,000,000 is a lot of damage/health. I find it hard to get into the game and take it seriously when you just see silly numbers like this. Like here in Path of Exile for the most part (in my opinion) when I see someone with like 20k ES I'm like holy crap!

TL;DR do you like smaller numbers or bigger numbers and why?
"Life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience." - Frank Herbert
----------------------------------------
Last bumped on Apr 29, 2017, 4:01:36 AM
The number doesn't matter as long as they're balanced. Right now life vs es is a serious problem that needs to be fixed.
"
amakusav wrote:
The number doesn't matter as long as they're balanced. Right now life vs es is a serious problem that needs to be fixed.

Huge huge huuuuuge problem. Right now ES isn't a optional build style, it's straight up far superior by miles, and that's sad :(
When it is meaningful I like big numbers.If like you were doing 10,000 damage at level 1 with just a basic weapon then it becomes meaningless.POEs numbers ramp up from lots of different sources and mechanics and bad builds can be doing a fraction of the damage of an optimised build so it becomes more meaningful.

"
amakusav wrote:

Add 2% to every major life node and 1% to every minor life node on the tree. Problem solved. It's like a no facking brainer. They upped the damage of everything, us and the enemy. They haven't touched health pool at all. Stellar game design yet again!
Deliver pain exquisite

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info