Damage Over Time Keystone Idea

Thinking over the keystone there are really three ways I see it going:

1.) deal X% more damage to enemies effected by ailments.
2.) initial hit does no damage; damage over time deals X% more damage.
3.) initial hit does no damage; Bleed, poison, ignite deal X% more damage.

Of the three(1) sucks and I hope to god they don't do something like that, it's like Ele Overload but more generically useful. Just go ele crit, and get free damage

I actually hope (3) is implemented, the changes to damage over time seems to be leaning toward scaling the dot over just getting generic damage. You could hopefully go full into the dot in support gems and tree scaling and get a dot build(Example: ZiggysD's vortex build was mode for dot, but wasn't). I also fear they will implement (2), limiting things like caustic arrow to be "forced" into getting it, along with placement(would assume shadow at this point but who knows).

As for why you would want such a node, outside more damage, the initial hit doing no damage would make reflect nothing but would take away leech. But if you were not scaling the initial hit anyways, you wouldn't leech much regardless. It would make there be 2 types of dot builds, those that do the old double dip style, scaling the hit and the dot, and ones that go full into damage over time.
Last bumped on Apr 27, 2017, 7:21:03 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info