Give Arc the Projectile Tag

That's it. Pew pew, zap zap.
Last bumped on Apr 27, 2017, 10:50:40 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Because screw consistency, right ?
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Because screw consistency, right?

Not sure what consistency has to do with my statement? Explain?

Consistency of the spell being the same forever?
Consistency of lightning traveling to fast to be considered a projectile?
Consistency of low levels of Arc damage?
Consistency of the skill being low on the totem pole?

I'd respond to your vague comment much more thoroughly if I knew what you meant.
Last edited by ClickerPro on Apr 27, 2017, 1:27:15 PM
It would be weird. Arc doesn't travel like a normal projectile. It simply instantly zaps a target.

As such, how would things like LMP/GMP/Sire of Shards work? (I mean SoS makes it fire in a Nova... But it instantly travels to a target which would make it essentially GMP but with +100% projectile damage instead of -26%)

How would projectile speed work? Given its instantaneous travel?

Arc may not be very good, mostly because it doesn't have a niche (It's not strong enough to be a ST skill, given that it needs a second target to chain back and forth between to do reasonable ST damage and it doesn't chain enough to be worth anything for AoE, especially in higher tier maps with +pack size mods)

However, I don't think making it a projectile would work well. Since there are too many factors that it would be weird with all for what? A few extra potential passives/items for projectile damage?

You could just ask for a buff to the base damage of it or something instead you know.
"
ClickerPro wrote:
"
Because screw consistency, right?

Not sure what consistency has to do with my statement? Explain?

Consistency of the spell being the same forever?
Consistency of lightning traveling to fast to be considered a projectile?
Consistency of low levels of Arc damage?
Consistency of the skill being low on the totem pole?

I'd respond to your vague comment much more thoroughly if I knew what you meant.

I'm not sure exactly what he meant but there are potential issues with your suggestion that make it a little more complicated. How should the following be addressed in light of the fact that it currently chains 7 times for free?
Projectile speed.
Projectile damage scaling.
Interactions with added projectiles.
Pierce.
Fork.

Well if you know what a projectile is .... that seemed fairly obvious to me.
A projectile is a missile, basically.
It won't follow all the physical rules in PoE ( how forces apply to it for example ), but it's based on what a projectile in the real world is : an object (or entity, since we have magic) that travels to its destination, that can be "thrown".

Arc is just a different thing, it's instant, it does not require you to really aim, and as the others pointed out, it would not mechanically work well in PoE either.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info