Please tone down the Heralds

Herald of Ash and Thunder are so visually obtrusive that I don't even like to use them, despite losing a lot of dps because of it.

They completely obstruct the view of your weapons/hands/shields, especially if you have claws.

Make them really unimposing and subtle, like Hatred.
Last bumped on Apr 28, 2017, 1:09:16 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Gloom Herald MTX isn't obstrusive at all and makes Herald Of Ice explosion effect look godly.
"
jellyshizzle wrote:
Gloom Herald MTX isn't obstrusive at all and makes Herald Of Ice explosion effect look godly.

What does that have to do with anything?
I kind of like the Heralds...

Playing a Claws user with all 3 Heralds on reminds me of old Energy Melee from City of Heroes...

But you know... Rose tinted spectacles and all, clouding my judgement on the matter with nostalgia...
My only complaint with Heralds is when you are using them with shields... the animation will clip through the shield, making it rather ugly to use... I wish GGG made so that the herald animation would only show on the hand your character is wielding a weapon, and not on shields...
"
eralduspr wrote:
... the animation will clip through the shield, making it rather ugly to use...

Exactly!

I use claw/shield and it goes through everything, and when I turn it off it looks so much better.

Frankly, the ideal situation would be if you could only see auras as icons at the top left corner, including Hatred.
Perhaps another "solution" could be a "glow" kind of effect, where say Herald of Thunder has very small lightnings sparking out of your hands instead of a all-out circle around your hand.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info