[2.6] LL-RF Guardian - 84/84/85 max res

hey guys,

im forced to use a rather old notebook for quite a while already. average fps in hideout on already potato settings is around 25. and only when i dont have anything else running (i.e. browser, music ...). i wasnt even sure if i cud play the game but it is possible. some friends of mine even questions why i wud play like that but looks like im addicted? haha jk, or well maybe not :D. anyway, i was wondering what i cud start the league with and decided to go for flameblast totem as it seemed strong and even if i lagged my totems wud still do dmg. it was okay actually. the only thing that sucked is that the more mods u got on the ap the laggier it gets. constant fps of 5 or less is what it is. u might ask why not upgrade the hardware. well my graphic card died near end of last year and on top my monitor did as well after 11 yrs. so i was forced on an old notebook (still studying and money is not what i have plenty of unfortunately).

i still like the game tho so i was trying hard to see what kind of build works the best for me considering the shitty fps. at some point i noticed phox ll rf build. i accumulated a decent amount of currency and decided to give it a shot. at this point relvling was no choice, so i was already limited to a templar build. another reason why the ll rf build was interesting. i just had to do respecc. with that said i went ahead and respecced my tree and ascendancy. ended up at around 13k es. i was hopin to get massive improvements on fps honestly. or well what means massive, i was hoping it would run smoother than when i had to cast the totems. unfortunately at first it seemed like there was even lag. altho the build was nice i was close to giving up on it.

i then thought why not improve the build. over a month i did several upgrades. whenever i thought well the build is done now and ill never touch it again i found something new. right now im convinced theres no improvements other than gearwise (more es on gear basically). note that i think of it while considering my low fps. so adding like self cast scorching ray or whatever spell doesnt work since i can use it in most situations due to lag.

last weekend i visited a friend. i love to play double beyond map, basically as many mobs as possible with 140+ corrupted quant maps. they r a pain in the ass, epsecially when theres so much loot in the end. im already using the uber strict filter, but still towards the end of the map i have constant 3 fps or lower. iding stuff is a real pain believe me. anyway, back to when i visited my friend. he let me play on his system for a long time and i was able to do al the sick stuff. i wasnt really sure what the build can do. when i was first visiting him 3 weeks ago an tried shaper i failed horribly. keep in mind it was my very first run and the content was new to me. i failed on 2nd phase. anyway the build wasnt as great and i decided i need to make it better.

i saw phox doing shaper on hc and noticed that he specced into some nodes just for it to work. i wanted it to work on my potato notebook and without having to respecc anything. i managed to accomplish this recently and decided to share with you guys. also im kinda proud of what i achieved on my potato notebook.

first of a all here the tree that im currently using.

tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUDAAceC2EMXw18DkgRLxFQEZYSaRccFy8YVhhqGYoajxslHKcc3B0UHZkdqiL0JLAmiCj6KwovbzQKNbk3gzwtPV9Bh0NjQ8hFnUZxSVFJsUuuTlJPBFJTU1JTpVXWVkhXyVgHXGtcil3yX7Bk52aeaHRo8mwLbRlvnnC7cU1xeXgvfOV-bH_GgKSA4ILHgwmDX4PMhEiExYx2jxqPRo_6kiuTJ5Uul_Saz5rgm6GbtaEvpRinCKcrr2y0DLcwtzG3PriTvorDOsNtxq7KSsrT12rXz9gk2RPZW9pi4YjoWukC6rrr7uwY74jw1fba98H31_k3-ej60vsJ_QD-SQ==?accountName=LarsSultanHengzt&characterName=Lassa

note that i have not specced into ee altho u will see one of my rings adds light dmg to attacks. first of all u dont actually need ee, since dmg is insane already and second when mapping im laging in huge double beyond packs anyway and i have no chance to proc it anyway :D. so why would i want to give free res to the mobs. i rather want to clear as fast as possible. anyway if u dont have lags u can eaisly specc into it to have better dps :).

before i show my gear i can tell you its not cheap. you can make a cheaper build for sure, but to get where i am currently u need a lot of currency. the gear and links will explain why.

gear

at this point the onyl legit upgrade to my build is a +1 max res or +1 curse pressence of chayula amu. but i dont think i can afford that or attempt to corrupt one on my own :D. i already bricked one which made me sad. you actually only need a 5link here. the 5link would be lvl 4 enlighten, lvl 4 empower, purity of fire, ice, lightning. why would u do that? well before that i was using a +3 socket unset ring which was nice too. but u lose a lot of dmg. while i get 55+ incr dmg on an opal u basically cant get extra dmg on an unset or well u pay a little fortune for it. also i wanted to run an additional aura. to achieve that i had to either stay at 0 mana forever since all wud be reserved or i had to do some respecc. the solution here is to specc into charisma for the extra reservation. that enables u to use another aura. and thats what i wanted. on top i wanted to get another +2 max on light and cold resi. to achive that i needed a 5link with both lvl 4 empower and enlighten. and to have some mana left (i got 18 mana left to shield charge) i had to also link my blasphemy setup to a lvl 4 enlighten. so in fact u need 2* lvl 4 enlighten and one lvl 4 empower. thats like 1200c on just those 3 gems.

on the shield u need the leo craft where u take reduced damage over time. helm rf dmg is probably the best. on gloves u want to run ur rf setup which the essence of delirium craft of 30% more dmg to socketed gems. basically nothing new if u have seen other ll rf builds :). on the open rings u can use u can go full dmg. remember that max es is dmg for our rf. i use 3 rare jewells with area dmg, incr dmg, fire dmg, dot, es, res whatever u need. 2 other jewels are energy from withins. 2 works just fine for the build. str on belt is nice since ull need 155. dex we will need around 100 for the purity of ice.

a nice addition is a shavs ring. im happy to use a legacy one and i use it whenever i play some sick maps for the build. i.e. vuln and -max which can be easily played. i swap in saffells and the shavs ring and be just fine. well im dying a decent amount of time, since on double beyond i cant react to anything. unless u got same lags as me u shud be very fine playing some hard mods. in some situations rise of the phoenix can be useful too. i ddint do the math but on some -60% regen map it feels better to wear the rise.

i did shaper and uber deathless multiple times on my notebook with very few fps. shaper doesnt hurt at all. u can basically tank anything. im at 19,5k es right now and dmg is really well too. i dont have to swap flasks for anything. uber is the same, i die here and there due to lag on split phase (thats the most challenging to me especially aón low fps :D). with saffells on u cant dodge the spear so u gotta move a lot and moving means less fps :D.

if ure a starter and want to try this out io recommend checking phox guide. if u want the max res i got u have to pay a lot but i can tell u its worth it.

//edit

i almost missed my train so i had to leave real quick lol.

auras u run are all purities, discipline, vitality and blasphemy with flammability. well i guess u can see the gems i use in my setup. i like to have a stone golem as well.

well theres some map mods combos that u shud avoid. -max, vuln and 60% regen is id say really hard and impossible for me considering the low fps. another mad combo is hexproof, monster life and +40 ele resist. that takes a long time. took me like 3mins to kill hydra. i guess its still ok, just bothers when ure used to much better clear speed.

um other than that no idea. if u have any questions feel free to ask :D
Last edited by LarsSultanHengzt on Apr 26, 2017, 8:33:29 AM
Last bumped on Jul 22, 2017, 3:01:11 PM
Interesting take on a cookie cutter build.

What about MOM + Inspiration with Healthy Mind jewels? This in case of a budget so no energy from within jewels.

And what do you think of Arsonist?

Prayer of Glory vs Bastion of Hope (using chayula)?
Last edited by foojin on Apr 26, 2017, 9:14:01 AM
no idea really about mom and whether its good or not. i just heard frm phox thats its slighty worse than getting es nodes. even with healthy mind jewels i cant imagine it wud be significantly better.

arsonist is a really good node and i used it before. after i specced out of a the left side of the tree i dropped that as well. with the current tree its 5 nodes to take. i cud take at least 30% incr energy shield or like 20% and a jewel slot. so in any way the other options will be much better. as soon as u get very high es numbers the 1% node gets worse and worse imo.

good question about the pts used on the actual class. if i would play hc i wud use the warcry option. for now i dont use any of these. i think the block node is just wasted. since theres not really anything better as pressence of chayula for us the cannot be stunned benefit u get there doesnt bring anything. and 50% block every now and then doesnt do too much anyway. i chose to pick the two middle nodes. 6% es and 14% armour is really nice. if ure used to use warcrys i wud take that or like i did take none and rather the es and armour. for me right now i cant think of any warcry that wud benefit me. on non vuln, -max, 60% regen its impossible to die. when theres a bad mod it happens due to the lag i have. other than that any content is a face roll for this build :).

theres a video of phox doing shaper on lhc. no offense but my gear and so much better than his at the time that u cant even compare it. my dmg on the add phase is so good, stuff instantly dies. his big hit hits me for like slightly more than half. i can stand in whatever is on the ground. its actually disgusting. ill try to make a video, maybe a local recording or something at some point if my notebook allows me. theres all these other crit build like crit st and bladeflurry or whatever. i mean i dont oneshot the dude obviously but compared to them im not really much slower than them. on my first attempt after the first time failed i was actually worried if i need to change something for shaper. but in the end it was such a faceroll. i have to admit i specced into ee for that but i doubt many players have such a garbo notebook like i do. so ee shud always be used since it makes the resist rares much smoother and overall clearspeed much faster.
Very nice take on LLRF. Your gear is definitely top notch. Your setup gets over 18.2k ES with a Brightbeak! That's pretty ridiculous. I mention that because I focused on clear speed with my latest RF build and get >14.5k on my budget. Also, I struggled running 3 purity auras in a 6L and settled upon using a +3 unset ring. I never thought about pathing to Charisma for the extra mana reserve as a solution. This was a eureka post for me.

The only thing I'll question is why do you have Wise Oak in your gear section (since it provides no benefit)? Otherwise, thanks for the post and the inspiration if I decide to do LLRF again in the future.
Thread seems to be dead but i will ask anyhow - why are you not using Pain Attunement?
RF is a DOT/Elemental/Fire/Burning debuff not spell damage.
Last edited by tainium on Jul 22, 2017, 3:03:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info