Is trap vortex good and can i play it in this league HEALP!!!!!!!

Last league i saw mathil building a sab. vortex trapper. this build was really powerfull so i wanted to build it myself in this league but the moste important item the pyre got nerved.

So my question is how i can build a vortex trapper that is so powerfull like the one of mathil without the pyre (or with it).

Ps:thx for reading this =)
Last bumped on Aug 8, 2017, 4:35:36 AM
Most likely, with Avatar of Fire.
It will be weaker cos double dipping is dead in 3.0.
I don't know a whole lot about Mathil's build, but I play SAB a lot and have been experimenting with vortex traps last league and again this league.

So far...I don't know if I'll be able to get anywhere near the same levels of damage. Even if you took Avatar of Fire (which is a bazillion miles away from Shadow and doesn't have a whole lot of useful nodes for us between witch & templar area), and used Pyre, you're still only at 90% cold->fire.

You could use Cold to Fire Support, but then you're taking a gem socket.

On top of that, the whole reason it was viable before was double dip making the burn damage enormous. I'm not super positive on much of the new mechanics for status effects, but I was under the impression that you kinda have to spec into either the main damage, or the ailment damage at this point and splitting your attention between both is gonna hurt you.

Far as I'm aware, the burn damage is still based on the initial hit, so if you spec super hard into the main damage of the skill, in theory the burn will still hit hard, just not as hard as it once could.

I'm leveling with vortex and lightning trap at the moment, and honestly lightning trap clears most things just fine and I thought about making a projectile/trap build for that too.

I've also tried just pure cold damage using Frost Bomb traps w/ vortex and ice trap since I don't have pyre or anything like that yet, and it's working so far but I can't say for sure where my damage will end up.

Once I get home from work I planned to hope on my old trapper and put points back in to at least test with his old gear how well he can do in some maps and vs some decent bosses.
Im not very good in this game and my english is not perfect.

I build my trap vortex for damage over time cold damage/poison/ and the new skill "decay Support" because poison and decay Support need a hit to start.
Vortex hits and after that he is doing cold damage over time.

if I´m right all 3 dots should be on an enemy if a vortex trap is triggered.

WIth a 6 l armor you can have: vortex, trap Support, decay Support, poison Support, effiacy Support (new sup. gem) and one gem that you want.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info