Running Path of Exile on a Mac

Hi All,

I never thought the day would come but I am at my GF's house and all she has is a mac, so my question is, how do i download install and play path of exile on a mac?

Thanks, With love from
Metronomy
Last bumped on Jul 25, 2017, 1:31:25 PM
Hello,

Path of Exile only supports Windows Operating Systems. You can ask her if she uses Boot Camp, and if so, simply boot into Windows and go on to download and install the game normally.

There was a thread about community efforts to create an unofficial Mac client for the game using a wrapper, although I think the WINE thread is more up-to-date. It's up to you.

Support can't help you unless you're playing the game natively on Windows.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
How up-to-date do you think the mac solutions from 2010 are? Anyone know if they work?
"
Metronomy wrote:
How up-to-date do you think the mac solutions from 2010 are?

It says the OP was last edited in March last year by staff. I wouldn't be too optimistic, but I am naturally a glass half empty kinda person. You could try going to Codeweavers.com and downloading one of their programs to manually wrap Path of Exile's standalone client. Codeweavers offer a 14 days trial, and programs you wrap during that trial will continue to work afterwards - you just won't be able to wrap other programs.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
Last edited by Sarno on Apr 24, 2017, 8:12:38 AM
Don't worry sir, I am very optimistic.

Mainly because this game is awesome. I'll get her to download boot camp if I cant install it, not that hard but I couldn't remember that program name off the top of my head because mac is foreign to me
"
Metronomy wrote:
How up-to-date do you think the mac solutions from 2010 are? Anyone know if they work?

Did it work?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info