What happens if you have negative attack speed

Suppose i have a trypanon (or a gorebreaker), two warden's brands and temporal chains at max level(shackles of the wretched)

that would leave me with negative attack speed

Does exist a cap for reduced attack speed?

What would happen if the attack speed could be negative?
Last bumped on Apr 24, 2017, 11:10:30 AM
As a note, these methods don't give you negative attack speed. Attack speed on weapons themselves is local and is rolled into the base speed of the weapon - it's multiplicative with increases and reductions from other sources. Also, Temp Chains doesn't actually affect your attack speed stat - it affects your animation speed, which is just the speed you do anything and is a whole other stat.

That said, I'm guessing if you got to 0 attack speed or less you just wouldn't be able to attack. Not sure it's currently possible though. Can't see negative attack speed meaning anything special, negative movement speed certainly doesn't.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Last edited by viperesque on Apr 23, 2017, 7:22:52 PM
"
viperesque wrote:
As a note, these methods don't give you negative attack speed. Attack speed on weapons themselves is local and is rolled into the base speed of the weapon - it's multiplicative with increases and reductions from other sources. Also, Temp Chains doesn't actually affect your attack speed stat - it affects your animation speed, which is just the speed you do anything and is a whole other stat.
This is correct.

"
viperesque wrote:
That said, I'm guessing if you got to 0 attack speed or less you just wouldn't be able to attack.
You'd technically be able to attack, in that you could use an attack skill. The animation would be effectively paused, though, so you'd never finish that attack. You'd be stuck in this "attacking" until the heat death of the universe, or until you were stunned or otherwise had your current action interrupted, whichever came first.

It's not possible to (permanently) reach 0% attack speed within the game, and it never should be possible. It is possible to emulate this by being 100% slowed - this is what happens when you're frozen, and has roughly the same effect on your ability to attack.
Please introduce death by 0 attack speed feature Mark!
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
You'd technically be able to attack, in that you could use an attack skill. The animation would be effectively paused, though, so you'd never finish that attack. You'd be stuck in this "attacking" until the heat death of the universe, or until you were stunned or otherwise had your current action interrupted, whichever came first.

Well that's waaaaay better than I expected.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Fun fact: A couple years back, Ghudda managed to reach -110% Movement Speed with his Movement Speed Build 3. He was using Cyclone and stacked enough negative movement speed modifiers and passed by a totem with a slow aura. He was unable to move and was stuck in place. He could still attack and cast. Lightning Warp was glitched at this slow of cast speed/duration and was extremely fast as well. He warped over to the totem and default attacked it to death.
"
zacintosh wrote:
Fun fact: A couple years back, Ghudda managed to reach -110% Movement Speed with his Movement Speed Build 3. He was using Cyclone and stacked enough negative movement speed modifiers and passed by a totem with a slow aura. He was unable to move and was stuck in place. He could still attack and cast. Lightning Warp was glitched at this slow of cast speed/duration and was extremely fast as well. He warped over to the totem and default attacked it to death.

Ah, memories. Ghudda's shenanigans:

minus movement speed build

permafreeze build

buffed temp chains build
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Apr 24, 2017, 7:02:36 AM
"
zacintosh wrote:

It's dead easy to do this now with the Weight of Sin jewel.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

It is possible to emulate this by being 100% slowed - this is what happens when you're frozen, and has roughly the same effect on your ability to attack.

Would that mean that while frozen I could be able to "start" the skill and thus spend Mana to trigger Kitava's Thirst? Not that I can imagine that to be of any use, but still.. (lightning warp out maybe) :)
I came here to drink milk and kick ass...and I've just finished my milk.
Last edited by King_of_Limbs on Apr 24, 2017, 11:11:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info