[2.6] 1.3M Tooltip LL EK Crit Assassin (Shaper/Uber/Trio) 10ex+ [ETHICAL]

DPS with 9 PC, 5 flasks up. (No HH Buffs/aurabots etc.)

Shaper/UAtz/Chayula/Trio all cleared

Hello,

This is my first forum post build, and by far the most powerful build I've personally played since I returned to PoE; my other end game character is max block dual striker and it doesn't come close to this clear speed.

This build can be made on a budget of 10ex, and it only goes up from there. I personally have not spent more than 15ex (+ another 10 or so on flasks) or so as I have not felt the need.

I have so far cleared all end game content except Chayula (about 50 splinters short) including Uber Atziri, Shaper, Vaal Temple trio on this character without much issue. I can clear any tier maps with most mods at the same speed most people run through Strand. (This build is definitely a tier below the Vfireball clearspeed builds I've seen).

+/-
Spoiler

+ Great clear speed, not quite T1 but definitely close T2
+ Only 1 gem change needed and only for Guardians/Shaper/etc bosses
+ Lazy...stun immunity, freeze immunity, just warp around and spam right click
+ Ethical (as ethical as LL can be), no double dipping whatsoever
+ Competitive with HoWA
+ Absolutely insane for breaches

- Can't do phys reflect (disable hatred for ele reflect)
- Effectively on a 5L due to required Life Leech gem
- Somewhat pricey for that true end game feel
- Relatively low MS, some rare 'OOM' issues vs bosses with no adds but clarity solves it fast.
- Game is trivialized. T16 rare maps feel identical to t10 maps.

Bandits
Spoiler

Normal: Kill all
Cruel: Kill all (or cast speed)
Merciless: +1 Power charge

Skill Tree

Unique items

Spoiler

REQUIRED:
Spoiler

Shavronne's Wrappings; obvious for any LL build and we want the following BBBGGR links

We want two Void Batteries for insane damage...we are playing with 9 power charges up most of the time which means we get (2 * (9*25 - 80)) = 290% Spell damage from these two, on top of the great cast speed and crit bonuses, these are the heart of the build.

STRONGLY RECOMMENDED:
Spoiler

Presence of Chayula, stun immunity, gives us some much needed ES, overall great ammy but a bit pricey. If you are short the money you can avoid this and go with regular chayula amulet, or if you are really rich and can get high stun recovery then you can swap this out for another higher damage amulet.

These boots were literally created for EK; cheap, high damage, good MS, and some resists to boot. I've got a pair of skyforth's and I use these + chayula amulet over them. Note the enchant; it is basically required for this build and .4% is enough

I'm lazy, cbf dealing with freeze i like just afking and mapping while watching TV so this ring is great for me, and we have 4 rare spots for resists anyway so we are good. Strongly recommended, especially how cheap it is.

Gem Links:
Spoiler

6L : Ethereal Knives + Faster Casting + Controlled Destruction + Life Leech + Spell Echo + Faster/Slower Projectiles

4L : Lightning Warp + Rapid Decay + Less Duration + Faster Casting

4L : Clairity + HoA + Enlighten + Discipline

4L : Orb of Storms + Curse on Hit + Warlord's Mark + Power Charge on Crit (for bosses)

3L : CWDT + Immortal Call + Summon Lightning Golem

3L : Blood Magic + Hatred + Vaal Lightning Trap

Swap out Faster for Slower on bosses, use VLT on bosses along with OOS for power charge upkeep

Enchants:
Spoiler

Required:
Life + Mana leech on boots (preferably Brinerot Whalers). As EK is a spell getting sources of leech is a huge pain, and this is what allows us to map without going OOM.

Optional:
Helmet EK Damage (good) or EK Projectile Speed (better). 40% damage isn't that much, proj speed is definitely noticeable but with faster projectiles you are clearing the screen anyway.

Jewels:
Spoiler

Required:
Ring of Blades (EK Nova is now AoE, this goes in the southern most slot by Ranger area)

Recommended:
Energy From Within (Standard slot between witch and shadow areas)

As some have complained about PC generation, user poupouf has solved this using a Blue Nightmare jewel in the right most jewel slot.

Rare jewels:
Crit multi is king, cast speed is second if you get dual multi mods + any other two that is a great jewel

Ascendency:
Spoiler

Deadly Infusion -> Assassinate

Offense/Defense Screen Shots
Spoiler

Offense

Spoiler

With Faster Projectiles (general mapping)

With Slower Projectiles (bosses...really only Shaper/uber atz, etc.)

Defense
Spoiler

relatively low ES (<8k) but I have not noticed it to be a problem running all content)

My Gear
Spoiler

My next upgrade is replacing my diamond ring (Crit capped anyway) with an Essence of Scorn crafted one, however that will be a pricey upgrade and at this point I don't really need more damage so unsure if I will go for it. I will also be on the lookout for an EK proj speed hubris to craft.

Update
Spoiler

Chayula down, thanks to vhmencario for the splinters; had over a minute left when the clock stopped and killed her in ~4 seconds.

Tried HoTG; can't run blood magic due to culling strike gms, and the caustic arrow guys wreck me and my 0% chaos resist; I don't think I can do this anytime soon without getting some CR

Video
Spoiler

Last edited by BigNoseMafia on May 13, 2017, 1:06:13 PM
Last bumped on May 13, 2017, 7:44:29 AM
Have you done Atziri or Shaper yet?

Looks like an awesome and fun build to play, if I can afford it I might try it
"
BigNoseMafia wrote:

We want two Void Batteries for insane damage...we are playing with 9 power charges up most of the time which means we get (2 * (9*25 - 80)) = 490% Spell damage from these two, on top of the great cast speed and crit bonuses, these are the heart of the build.

It's ONLY 290% not 490%...
"
ContraOmnes wrote:
Have you done Atziri or Shaper yet?

Looks like an awesome and fun build to play, if I can afford it I might try it

Yes; as of right now all end game fights completed:

Chayula ✔
Shaper ✔
U Atziri ✔
V. Templer ✔
Rigwald 75+ ✔
4/4 Guardians ✔

I don't have any videos as my computer is not the best, but I will try to take SS if/when I run next time. Only uncompleted map is HoTG and I will try it today.
Last edited by BigNoseMafia on Apr 24, 2017, 6:53:11 AM
"
Inferius90 wrote:
"
BigNoseMafia wrote:

We want two Void Batteries for insane damage...we are playing with 9 power charges up most of the time which means we get (2 * (9*25 - 80)) = 490% Spell damage from these two, on top of the great cast speed and crit bonuses, these are the heart of the build.

It's ONLY 290% not 490%...

Good catch, I must have made a mistake and am now correcting it.
Whats your damage in hideout with auras and no PC on ?
Post your jewels please
And what's your damage without flasks
"
DonkeyStyle wrote:
Whats your damage in hideout with auras and no PC on ?

Damage no flasks, no buffs, no PC: 60,500.1
Damage with auras, no flasks, no PC: 116197.2
Damage with auras, no flasks, PC: 544,137.7

due to dual void batteries 9/9 PC is very important and the core of the build; keeping up 9/9 is very easy and at most requires an OOS every 15-30 seconds while mapping
Last edited by BigNoseMafia on Apr 24, 2017, 12:08:39 PM
"
Inferius90 wrote:
Post your jewels please
And what's your damage without flasks

Don't know how to link jewels from skill tree, my best jewel atm is:

15% inc phys
11% global crit multi
12% proj damage
15% crit multi while dual wielding
Hi , can we use a single skyforth instead of the boots and presense of chayula

Report Forum Post