Ulysses Morvant - retarded Exile / how to not die?

So if the name doesn`t sound familiar, it`s the Essence Drain Exile

So far, he off-screens which is retarded

Once he hits there is no way to counter it unless other mobs + vaal pact. Duration is way too long and flasks can`t counter it.

The DoT from essence drain is just too much and basically is like a big "f*ck you for not playing CI"

So, if anybody can post any tips on how to not die in t14+ maps , especially on VUln, please leave some comments cuz dying after lvl 90 just because GGG added some retarded exile to screw life builds even more is lame.
Last bumped on Apr 22, 2017, 5:54:20 PM
I'm a level 94 chieftain on standard, I use righteous fire and I'm life based, I have 11,277 life and I do not die to that exile even on tier 15 or 16, have killed him there. Im always degenerating because of my build, flasks do work. Do not blame it on GGG.
So what you`re telling me is I should play Standard with a legacy Kaom, 11k life on a build who`s only job is LITERALLY regenerating life?

I was talking to non-standard players, preferably hardcore ones with normal 5-7k life builds that are not Slayers.

You know, non-crazy regen builds.
portal out, grab an Amethyst Flask and some chaos resist gear, and hop back in?
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
When I fight him, I usually try to kite, since ED has the worlds slowest projectile.

If you can avoid it, he seems to wait a short time before casting again (Unlike some BS enemies that just spam their annoying abilities at 9000 MPH)

Other than that... Get Chaos Resists. Gear for it, Amethyst Flasks, Leo DoT mod on Shield.

Also, if you do get hit by ED, try to GTFO away from his Wither Totems to reduce the damage.

As far as with Vuln maps... Does Curse immunity mod on a Flask work? I haven't actually tried that yet (I mostly play RF so it hasn't impacted me so much). If so, Curse mod on an Amethyst Flask could do you some good, if only to have in the stash to port out and grab when you encounter him.
your build is just weak to it. some other builds may take no damage from him. Get chaos resist or deal with it.
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Yeah see. This is the problem.

I don`t have any trouble with chaos dmg from mobs in general.

And getting chaos res gear is difficult and again,it`s stupid to have to build around some asshole Exile. It`s one thing to build around reflect for ex. But getting chaos res on gear and tree because one lousy exile will 1shot you sounds silly.

And yeah, i know essence drain is slow. but he offscreens and that essence has some faster proj. Must be quite a bitch in hardcore leagues.

As for the curse maps, no that can`t be removed by remove curses.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info