Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Quality of Life Pick-Up Item improvement

This must have been suggested before but I cannot find it anywhere on the forums

Would be great if picking up any one currency item in a certain range of your character automatically picked up all currency items of the same type

I waste so much time picking up currency items (especially after doing a breach) & sometimes my character runs half way across the screen to pick up one currency item. Then I have to go all the way back again and click on a second currency item.

It would be such a time saver

Anyway, fingers crossed that this is being worked on
Last bumped on Apr 24, 2017, 8:25:20 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I hope this is NOT implemented. Inventory management, choosing what you do and do not pick up, those are things you should have to think about. The more automated, the more mindless things become, the worse the game becomes.
U MAD?
I think that once you pick up one of a stackable item, it's fine to automatically pick up another of that same stackable item, you still have to do the same inventory management, it just saves some time running around looting.

The problem is that loot in PoE is shared, so somehow this would need to account for what party loot setting your on.
"
northstar_08 wrote:

I waste so much time picking up currency items (especially after doing a breach) & sometimes my character runs half way across the screen to pick up one currency item. Then I have to go all the way back again and click on a second currency item.

If you are talking about what I think you are, if you hit z key or stop holding alt and hit it again it resets where item names appear. I have noticed that sometimes it will appear like items are close together but they are actually a screen away or more sometimes when there is clutter.

Also about this auto-pickup thing, please keep in mind that this game was originally designed with loot tension as an intentional forced dynamic, (first FFA then SA only, and now 'options') and many long time players or people who came here from D2 still prefer to play this way when they can. If there was some kind of auto-pickup option like this it would pretty much kill off any last shred of a reason to use SA or FFA loot options even among friends.
"
Zee wrote:
... If there was some kind of auto-pickup option like this it would pretty much kill off any last shred of a reason to use SA or FFA loot options even among friends.

The only way a suggestion in the OP would make any sense is if it was done only when running solo or if PoE made separate loot distribution for each person like D3.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Docbp87 wrote:
Inventory management, choosing what you do and do not pick up, those are things you should have to think about.
Yeah .. no .. not really. In a way, kinda, but not at a level where it should trump or destroy QoL.

"
Docbp87 wrote:
The more automated, the more mindless things become, the worse the game becomes.
Sweeping generalization I often agree with but not in this particular context since u base it on the sketchy above premise.

"
Zee wrote:
If there was some kind of auto-pickup option like this it would pretty much kill off any last shred of a reason to use SA or FFA loot options even among friends.
No, FFA/SA is fine for when u don't want to bounce items that are for your friends' build and not yours.

Even as for the currency thing, the dude said (or at least implied) "a radius" not "automagically picks up all currency on the map".
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
Zee wrote:
... If there was some kind of auto-pickup option like this it would pretty much kill off any last shred of a reason to use SA or FFA loot options even among friends.

The only way a suggestion in the OP would make any sense is if it was done only when running solo or if PoE made separate loot distribution for each person like D3.

I agree TD. However, it would amount to yet another incentive to solo. IMO not exactly something we need right now in the games current state!@ You would get used to never having to pick up currency unless you play with your pain in the ass friends (hey guys!) who insist on SA or FFA and you would be 'de-conditioned' to pick up the most important loot!
Yes, D3 did this and they thought it trough with their original design... and ya, that's about the only way to make it work. Thankfully I don't think GGG would even consider this for reasons too numerous to mention.

TY so much to the person who suggested pressing my 'z' key

It is making lot pickup so much easier

I cannot express how much time this is saving me

Thanks so much
"
xSTGx wrote:
"
Docbp87 wrote:
Inventory management, choosing what you do and do not pick up, those are things you should have to think about.
Yeah .. no .. not really. In a way, kinda, but not at a level where it should trump or destroy QoL.

"
Docbp87 wrote:
The more automated, the more mindless things become, the worse the game becomes.
Sweeping generalization I often agree with but not in this particular context since u base it on the sketchy above premise.

"
Zee wrote:
If there was some kind of auto-pickup option like this it would pretty much kill off any last shred of a reason to use SA or FFA loot options even among friends.
No, FFA/SA is fine for when u don't want to bounce items that are for your friends' build and not yours.

Even as for the currency thing, the dude said (or at least implied) "a radius" not "automagically picks up all currency on the map".

So should maps automatically be picked up also? What about other items? Uniques should be auto-inventoried? In my mind this is a part of the "weight" issue that Chris has mentioned talking with David Brevik about in the past.

The game already moves at the speed of your movement skills (killing mobs=moving/cast/attack speed). Not having to stop to pick shit up only exasperates this effect. No thanks.
U MAD?
I can't really say that "picking up shit" is a draw card for me. Its certainly not what I play the game for.
You can argue that automatically picking up currency items makes the game more mindless, but I would disagree. It already is mindless because there is no circumstance where the currency items are not desirable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info