Righteous Fire Chieftain needing advice

Overall, I *think* my damage is where it should be. Most everything that's not an end map boss is dying without much trouble. However, my health regen is only 992 (no auras or Golem out). People running this build are reporting that they have right around 2k life regen. Am I missing something stupid important that's netting everyone else 1k life regen?
Last edited by kneeki on Apr 18, 2017, 1:54:31 AM
Last bumped on Apr 20, 2017, 5:49:33 PM
What is your effective life pool at the moment? I have an RF build this league and run the Vitality Aura and Stone Golem at all times. If you feel you need an extra bit of regen in those boss fights you can carry a Ruby flask and pop that. Increase your Fire resist and gives you a life regen spike during effect.
8.6k life, I'm unsure how to calculate effective life.

At 9000+ HP I get close to 2k regen with 5 endurance charges up. People showing 2k are showing them with endu charges.
Also there is important point to take after extra endu charge right below barbarism giving 0.2% regen per endu charge and it stacks with ascendancy bonus.

With Vitality, Marble Amulet (1.6%) 5 endu charges i get close to 2k.
Looking at your gear and tree... why are you cursing Elemental Weakness rather than Flammability which yields 5% more reduction and doesn't require INT so you can refund the 30 INT node. Your only green gem is Cyclone and since it's only there to get Fortify it doesn't have to be leveled. I'm sure you can refund one or even both of the 30 DEX nodes. Then take the Armour Mastery route to connect to the outer path. 0.5% regeneration, lots of increased armour rating and movement speed, what's not to like? ;)

Then you have taken Elemental Overload and Elemental Equilibrium in the tree but I don't see any means to trigger these... shouldn't you be using something like Orb of Storm (maybe with Increased Critical Strikes)?
As above you are missing armor mastery node (0.5%) and node for 0.2% per endu charge. You also didnt took jewel slot next to Shaper , and thats next 0.7% regen.

Switching to flamability will help, also for trigerring EE there is added cold damage on one ring so cyclone should trigger it.

Do you break 800 str ? If not then Doryanis Catalyst would give you more OMPH. Doon makes sense after 800+.
Last edited by jhaamdath on Apr 20, 2017, 10:51:22 AM
707 STR according to the screen shot. ;)

I did miss the added cold damage on the ring but triggering Elemental Equilibrium with an attack skill sans Accuracy? Let alone Elemental Overload which requires a critical strike. Doesn't sound right... OoS + ICS should trigger both quite reliably, no?
"
tomay wrote:
707 STR according to the screen shot. ;)

I did miss the added cold damage on the ring but triggering Elemental Equilibrium with an attack skill sans Accuracy? Let alone Elemental Overload which requires a critical strike. Doesn't sound right... OoS + ICS should trigger both quite reliably, no?

Gotta agree, I went with shield charge to triger EE and droped EO since I had no reiable way to keep it up. Feelt like wasted point. Missed the strenght so yeah at this point Catalyst would give more damage. Then again lots of gear lacks strenght, doon is very low str too. Could climb up to 800.
Thanks for the advice everyone! I had to swap some gear around after changing passives, but I'm not much more comfortable!
Well Righteous Fire builds are hardly ever "comfy", get used to it ;)

You're dealing a massive amount of damage to yourself and in certain situations things can get very dicey. The alternative are RF Spell Totems but that's a different story.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info