[2.6] Hybrid Brutus Lead AW (11k total EHP) 280k RT/420k DPS Crit ver. Low budget & Endgame viable

Hi everyone,

1./ Introduction:

I've seen many brutus build around, mainly rely on hp. However, even with really high str (>1k5), you can barely reach over 7k hp without investing skill point for %hp, which means sacrificing your damage potential and that's sad. With the new buff to geofri armor & shaper's touch, for 1500 str we'll have an extra 600 es and 300% maximum es without any point invested. So, strength now becomes our main stat and it gives us both offense & defense power.

2./ Pros & cons:

Spoiler

Pros:

-High flat fire dmg: for 1500 str, with 1 Brutus's equipped you will have 600 flat dmg and the number will be 1200 with 2 brutus equipped, which means you are holding 2 weapon with 1200 fire dmg each. It's not like you are dual-wielding 2 Oro's Sacrifice(if you can), It's still 600 flat fire each.

-High EHP (11k) with little invesment to ES/HP passive point.

-1 for all: pure str for offense/defense

-All map mod: our totem is immune to fire dmg so reflect map is just like usual. Just have to becareful in no regen map.

-Chaos dmg does not bypass ES with coruscating flask + instance full hp with forbidden taste

-totem leech for HP & high regen for ES (500 ES/ sec) and the high regen override the downside of forbidden taste

-Massive taunt: currently have 2 totem taunt and a stone golem also taunt with 24k5 hp so mobs wont hit you

-Easy lvling: high str -> high hp. Low lv core item (lvl 28 requirement brutus) -> 1k5 DPS at lv 31 normal.

Cons:

-Vulnerable to chaos when our of flasks

-NO REGEN map mod prevent coruscating from regenerating our ES by our HP

-Chill effect (especially Tul): less atk speed -> less taunt -> more vulnerable

-Hard to cap res: you only have your belt + ring x2 for resistance, Geofri's gives us 18% all ele res (max roll), but that's not enough. You may have to run purity of elements but dont worry, since i dont think of another useful aura except haste (anger provide 138 flat fire, compare to our 1200 flat fire with 1500 str). And also keep in mind that you will have a unique ruby flask (coruscating) with a really long duration (8s, no increase or quality) to cover your fire res.

3./Core uniques & budgets

Spoiler
x2 <10c each
cheap
for crit version !!!!!
<20c for a 5L, depends on the price of The Jeweller's touch prophecy - must have
2nd expensive unique in build (1st is 6L armor 5 ex or less) and it's a must have for stats transformation (efficient training & inertia. i bought a low roll for 70c and divine it my self. u should get a good roll >92 all, u will need it. If you cant afford an astramentis, just use a 50 all attribute rare amulet or a three rat talisman.
cheap - must have
cheap

-Some Efficient training & inertia jewels, look at my tree section to know where i put those
-Some good alternatives for amulet if u cant afford Astrametis

4./Passive Tree & bandits
Spoiler
As you can see, my skill tree passes by many damage clusters(explosive impact, celestial judment, arsonist,..) but I havent taken any, so there are still places for more damage if you are ready for the trade off.
A) Tree

Spoiler
Current tree lv90
Spoiler
http://poeplanner.com/AAcAAPcxAAB5AdwEBwSzCbsLYQ48EMwRLRQgFHEVIBVQGbQabBzcHwIfGCKvJy8pTyoTLKcs6S2DNug4UzpSOtg8BTwtPfxHfknVSsRMs1BHUftYY1ivWOVaK15dXz9lTWZUZp5nm2hYaGVo8m87cg9yqXasdud343fleyB8g3y7fNmCm4Nfg_eE2YV7hmCGs4nYjM-PGo9GkFWUb52uogCj8qcIp5Spbq4-r2y9Nr6nwBrAZsT2xYrGrsbYzRbPftAf0f3VpteW5CLkUeoY6-7sOO8O73zv6_Af82_z3fZI9q73MviT-Ov-hwbDFgsXjHuzpqO5fsYEz2cAAAAAAA==

Planned tree at lvl 97 for more dmg
Spoiler
http://poeplanner.com/AAcAAQUxAACAAdwEBwSzCbsLYQ48EMwRLRQgFHEVIBVQGbQabBzcHwIfGCKvJy8pTyoTLKcs6S2DNug4UzpSOtg8BTwtPfxHfknVSsRMs1BHUftYY1ivWOVaK15dXz9lTWZUZp5nm2hYaGVo8m87cg9yqXasdud343fleyB8g3y7fNmCm4Nfg_eE2YV7hmCGs4nYjM-PGo9GkFWUb52uogCj8qcIp5Spbq4-r2y9Nr6nwBrAZsT2xYrGrsbYzRbPftAf0f3VpteW5CLkUeoY6-7sOO8O73zv6_Af82_z3fZI9q73MviT-Ov-h5eVUlM9XyycA3WRK18EBsMWCxeMe7Omo7l-xgTPZwAAAAAA

Planned tree at lvl 97 for more es & resistance (23% all)
Spoiler
http://poeplanner.com/AAcAAQUxAACAAdwEBwSzCbsLYQ48EMwRLRQgFHEVIBVQGbQabBzcHwIfGCKvJy8pTyoTLKcs6S2DNug4UzpSOtg8BTwtPfxHfknVSsRMs1BHUftYY1ivWOVaK15dXz9lTWZUZp5nm2hYaGVo8m87cg9yqXasdud343fleyB8g3y7fNmCm4Nfg_eE2YV7hmCGs4nYjM-PGo9GkFWUb52uogCj8qcIp5Spbq4-r2y9Nr6nwBrAZsT2xYrGrsbYzRbPftAf0f3VpteW5CLkUeoY6-7sOO8O73zv6_Af82_z3fZI9q73MviT-Ov-h5eVUlM9X7cxjHYaPvIvBsMWCxeMe7Omo7l-xgTPZwAAAAAA

Planned tree at lvl 97 for maximum es (7k total)
Spoiler
http://poeplanner.com/AAcAAQUxAACAAdwEBwSzCbsLYQ48EMwRLRQgFHEVIBVQGbQabBzcHwIfGCKvJy8pTyoTLKcs6S2DNug4UzpSOtg8BTwtPfxHfknVSsRMs1BHUftYY1ivWOVaK15dXz9lTWZUZp5nm2hYaGVo8m87cg9yqXasdud343fleyB8g3y7fNmCm4Nfg_eE2YV7hmCGs4nYjM-PGo9GkFWUb52uogCj8qcIp5Spbq4-r2y9Nr6nwBrAZsT2xYrGrsbYzRbPftAf0f3VpteW5CLkUeoY6-7sOO8O73zv6_Af82_z3fZI9q73MviT-Ov-h5eVUlM9X7iTKPpXyQ18BsMWCxeMe7Omo7l-xgTPZwAAAAAA

Tree for crit version at lvl 90
Spoiler
http://poeplanner.com/AAcAAPcxAAB5HNzawew4g_PTb_6HUftko48axPaE75RvJy_3Mu98rj7XlhpsfLt346IAKU935TbFwGbcIx8YsTb4k6cImG-pbmZUBLO4k702Z5vwH5J9WiuMz18_Tq7Vph8CeyDvDsWKFCALYdgk9kjQH-zLrhJQR_jrT_N2rEShg1--pxVQR37kIlhjgptyqfPdZp48LYTZz34EBy5T7-udrjrYDXwQzGhYeWhhIXIPkFWPRljl5c9vO1fJxq7kUQHc6hhoZcEEPAWvbGjywBpMs6PyhXtp_sbYKPoqExPMidjNFj386-5lTXuzBsO5fqajFgvGBM9nF4wAAAAAAA==

you can see where i put my efficient training & inertia jewels belows
Spoiler

B) Bandits - Kill all

5./Ascendancy
Spoiler
Take the route to Tukohama War's herald & Hinekora Death's fury

U can take berserker for more dmg if you like: Aspect of Carnage, War Bringer, Rite of Ruin

6./ My current gear (non-crit)

Spoiler

7./ My stats (Chieftain)

Spoiler
In HO with 1 totem on
Spoiler

In HO with totem on and flask
Spoiler

Defense 500 ES regen with golem on
Spoiler

Crit version (& abyssus ofc) with inc. critical strike chance
Spoiler

Crit version with ele focus
Spoiler

Crit version with ele focus & flask
Spoiler

And Im still a chieftain lv90 !!!!

8./ Gem Links

Spoiler
Main 6L: Warchief+WED+Faster atk+ ele focus+ increased AOE/Conc + fire pen
for a 5L, drop conc/incAOE or Ele focus
helmet: discipline + stone golem + minion speed + empower (not mandatory, it's my play style, u can use lv 1 empower since the helmet +1 lv for all socketed gem)
the rests are depended on you, if you have no idea, just look at my gear.

9./ Jewels

Spoiler
I use some Efficient training & intertia, u can see where i put them above
-1 spire of stone for the totem stun immunity
-1 brawn, u can use more if u like
-the rest a rare jewels, aims for flat str >12, dmg mod (totem, fire, area dmg & melee dmg (not melee physical dmg, it's no use)) and attk speed mod (most recommended), I got some 4 mod jewels for a really cheap price <5c ea, good luck !!!!

10./ Game play & explaination

Spoiler
Lvling: High str -> high hp. At lvl 28 u can dual wield brutus then get anc warchief at lv 31 and have over 1k5 dps so lvling should be ez solo.

-pop coruscating flask then forbidden taste if you feel danger, in 2 secs your hp will regen as your es. I keep my hp low so the chaos degen effect from foridden taste will be overrided.
You will have 2 totem taunt for you and also your golem, so mobs wont hit you when they are on

11./ What can kill you

Spoiler
with 11k ehp and 3 taunt mechanic (2 totems + stone golem), It's very hard for you to die,
however, it's wraeclast and u will die anw.
-burst chaos dmg: we have 4k4 ehp against chaos dmg without flask so beware of chaos mobs, chaos degen ground and caustic cloud when u're out of flasks
-lag/spike:...
-inexperience to boss mechanics: try to take atziri double flame blast...
-NO REGEN MAP: be careful, in no regen map, coruscating flask will not use your hp to regen your es !!!!!

12./ What this build can do so far

Spoiler

3 breach lords(xoph, esh, tul): ez & deathless, tul maybe a problem bcz totem doesnt have any defend mechanic against chill effect
uul netol: should be ez, will try when i have enough splinter
normal atziri: fast and safe
uber lab: good, jst hide behind izaro & place totem, remember to use spire of stone for stun immune
i havent try the rest bcz im experiencing the fail to connect to instance err but i think:
Phoenix: PHOENIX DOWN! (corrupted rare) & DEATHLESS ofc
uber atziri: doable, the trio may cause more threats than atziri herself
other guardians & shaper: i have no experience, when try to kill them whn the network is good

13./ Videos

Sorry, no videos bcz of my wooden laptop !!!!

14./ Things you can play around with this build concept
Spoiler
with high strength, you can play a flame totem build with Doon cueyabi & iron will. You can also play it as normal phys AW since 1500 str gives you 300% physdmg incr, with some dmg note in passiv tree for specific weapon, your dmg should be good

15./ Q&A
Spoiler
Reserved

Last edited by RoyalExecutioner on Apr 17, 2017, 2:04:14 AM
Last bumped on Apr 17, 2017, 12:26:22 AM
It's probably worth noting that with the number of uniques you're using purity of elements is more or less mandatory to be capped.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
"
zSavage wrote:
It's probably worth noting that with the number of uniques you're using purity of elements is more or less mandatory to be capped.

I think it depends on your gears, mine are not good enough (ring x2 & belt, <15 c ea), it's cheap and since there's probably no worthy aura, I used purity of elements to cap res. Some aura maybe useful (haste, hmmm not some), anger is not worth to have bcz with 1500 str you will have 1200 flat fire dmg compare to the dmg of anger anw. However, i will put a notice in the Cons section. Thank you for the reply !!!
I did a BLS build too at the start of the league and i didnt read all of your build but faced some similar problems and there are some major improvements regarding to your level 90 skill tree possible i think.
For example you spend 7 points into the top right corner to get a jewel slot. that seems totally wasted for you get only 60 int and a slot out of it. even with inertia i think its not a good tradeoff.
same with the 5 points starting from the Art of the Gladiator to the jewels slot.
not even 1 strenght node on the way in a strength build.
Reallocate them and you ve got 12 points.

for example you could invest 8 out of the 12 points to go into the scion area (sentinel) and then allocating the 3res-nodes+1 jewel slot

for the 8 points you get:

30 Strenght
28 % Allres!!(res were an issue to my build too)
24 % armor/evasion
1 jewel Slot

sry for bad english
Last edited by Skyforger on Apr 15, 2017, 7:24:59 AM
"
Skyforger wrote:
I did a BLS build too at the start of the league and i didnt read all of your build but faced some similar problems and there are some major improvements regarding to your level 90 skill tree possible i think.
For example you spend 7 points into the top right corner to get a jewel slot. that seems totally wasted for you get only 60 int and a slot out of it. even with inertia i think its not a good tradeoff.
same with the 5 points starting from the Art of the Gladiator to the jewels slot.
not even 1 strenght node on the way in a strength build.
Reallocate them and you ve got 12 points.

for example you could invest 8 out of the 12 points to go into the scion area (sentinel) and then allocating the 3res-nodes+1 jewel slot

for the 8 points you get:

30 Strenght
28 % Allres!!(res were an issue to my build too)
24 % armor/evasion
1 jewel Slot

sry for bad english

For the top right corner, I'm going to take the next 3 AOE + area dmg node (Blast radius) at lvl 93 and its 84 str total (60 from tree and 24 from the jewel, excluded % increased), it's intended, im not just going there for the int transform. I also planned to take 20 str from Occultist's dominion along the route.

For the 5 points from art of the gladiator, it's bcz 20 dex from the art of gladiator itself, with 5 points I'll have 50 str from tree and 24 str from inertia for a total 74 str and it will be higher with % increased from items. yours route take 8 points and its a huge different, since with 3 points extra we can invest in celestial judgement clusters, explosive impact clusters for more dmg. However, the main reason I go there bcz of the 10 int, I used to use many brawn jewels before and didnt have enough int for Discipline (lol) until i realize that a jewel with 4 mod: atk spd, dmg and flat str worked better.

Anw, you are free to change the tree to fit your playstyle. My tree is not optimal, there should be better routes out there and I'm still looking for them, that's the reason I posted my build here.

I also updated my planned tree at lvl 97 to make it clear.

Thank you for your reply !!!!
Last edited by RoyalExecutioner on Apr 15, 2017, 12:05:28 PM
i dont play totem right now :), i had a build for molten strike. so i just referred to the level 90 skill tree.

if you wanna go iaoe its fine but if you plan for a more than lvl 90 build you should maybe consider not takin the 5 points from art of the gladiator and go to the golems blood cluster for the jewel slot. 1 point more, but no need for strenghts transition. so you can get some more good stats than just strenghts for the jewel. And you will still have the 20 dex from the gladiator node.
you can exchange another int node too(the one leading to master of the arena) for the strength node below if you went golems blood cluster instead

in the top right corner only 4 int-nodes are in radius btw.
Last edited by Skyforger on Apr 15, 2017, 2:17:35 PM
"
Skyforger wrote:
i dont play totem right now :), i had a build for molten strike. so i just referred to the level 90 skill tree.

if you wanna go iaoe its fine but if you plan for a more than lvl 90 build you should maybe consider not takin the 5 points from art of the gladiator and go to the golems blood cluster for the jewel slot. 1 point more, but no need for strenghts transition. so you can get some more good stats than just strenghts for the jewel. And you will still have the 20 dex from the gladiator node.
you can exchange another int node too(the one leading to master of the arena) for the strength node below if you went golems blood cluster instead

in the top right corner only 4 int-nodes are in radius btw.

Yeah, the golem blood route seems good, extra slot, no conversion, it's just the tree looks weird ....

Most of my efficient training slots have only 4-5 int nodes in the radius, so if 4 nodes arent worth the jewel slots, could u give me some advice ?

Hi for the new update, i tried to sacrifice some of my defense & put on an Abyssus for a crit version. My chance to hit is still good (81% in ho) with ~ 1k4 acc rating. DMg is also good. I also reallocate the cluster near art of gladiator to golem blood as you suggest. How do you think abt the crit version ?
I've added tree & stats. Im considering between ele focus and inc crit for the new vers, could you give me some advice ?
Last edited by RoyalExecutioner on Apr 15, 2017, 4:17:58 PM
NEW UPDATE:

Added Crit Version !!!!

Sacrifice some str + hp/es. My total ehp is now over 9k with an abyssus !!!

Reason: I have more than enough ehp & im not playing hc so why not....
NEW UPDATE!

PHOENIX DOWN !! Deathless ofc

It's a corrupted rare map

-Proof

Next will be other Guardians, then Uber Atziri and finally Shaper.

Spoiler

UPDATE !

Kill all the Guardians (corrupted rare)

Failed Shaper 1st attempt !
Last edited by RoyalExecutioner on Apr 18, 2017, 9:11:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info