[2.6]Chaos-Poison BV Double/TripleCurse Pathfinder

Pathfinder has big potential for poison/chaos builds mostly because he can get easy 7l with Ascendancy "Master Herbalist".

If you are looking for "big numbers" dont play this build, 70% of damage here is made with poison.

Pros and Cons
[+]Fast clear speed
[+]You can do reflect maps
[+]Works as budget version (i'll show you my gear for ~~2ex)
[+]Not Laggy
[+]Boss? You mean that monster who stands 2s longer than normal mob?
[+]Good survi, leeching and possibility to run with arctic armour/enfeeble/tempolar chains

[-]Kinda boring
[-]No movement skill, 30% movement speed on boots is "Must have"
[-]Slow cast speed

Defence

Budget gear + 81lv, a lot of Es nodes to take.

Offence

No flasks, 0 stacks (4l-testing inc.duration)

Flask, 20 stacks (still 4l)

There is small difference between Double Curse and Triple Curse skill tree.
Triple Curse skill tree is not tested, i dont have enough currency to test it, it might have small problem with mana. Maybe even double vaal clarity needed.

Double Curse

We are using Witchfire brew Flask wchich gives us 21 vulnerability Curse aura, Our second curse is Warlords mark connected with Blasphemy.

Use Ethernal Knives as leveling skill untill you get BladeVorotex

~End Game - If you want to run with Arctic armour you should take some mana reservation nodes, if you dont need arctic armour go for higher Energy shield and jewels.

Triple Curse

Triple Curse leveling is same as for Double Curse.
~End game tree (Not tested, more like theory crafting)

Warlords mark and vulnerability curses are same like in Double Curse version, you can use defensive curse such as: Temporal chains or Enfeeble.

I'm using Double Curse version, mostly because eye of chayula with +1curse is really expensive
My Gear

Nothing special, you can probably get enough currency to buy stuff like this while leveling.

Gear choice

Rare items:
Well, there is nothing new to say.
Just like all CI builds, look for high Energy shield, resistance and Strenght/Dexterity (thats all, you dont need WED or added damage). Remember, you dont have good movement skill, get 30% movement speed in your boots.

Uniques and optional rare

Darkscorn, really cheap and effective. It boost our Dmg and Survi 25% phys dmg converted to chaos = more poison dmg. 25%phys dmg taken as chaos = 25% less dmg from physical damage because we have 100% chaos resistance.

If you have more currency than i do (aaand thats not hard to do) you can try your luck in crafting with Essence of Delirium
We are aiming for 2 nodes in rare crafted bow
1)Weapon: Your Hits inflict Decay, dealing 750 Chaos Damage per second for 10 seconds - This node is no problem at all, its 100% sure you will get it with Essence of Delirium
2)+1 to Level of Socketed Gems

Energy shield, you cant use shield with bow so only soul strike is left for us

As Blade Vortex you have to get near monsters, you definitelly dont want to get stunned while going into big group of them.
I have chosed eye of chayula with +5% movement speed, if you can get +1 curse go for it.

Good crystal belt is probably better, im using this because it's cheap and works really well.
You probably shouldnt use Crystal Belt unless you can get crazy belt like
-40% res
-40% res
-strenght/flask duration
-energy shield
You just dont need crystal belt that much, Bated Breath is really good and it's combined with soul strike

Enchants
Helmet
You can get Blade Vortex damage but it's expensive other options are:
-30% reduced Arctic Armour Mana Reservation (This enchant is for DOUBLE curse version)
-30% increased Blade Vortex Duration - This is probably better than BV damage.
-30% increased Vulnerability Curse Effect
-30% increased Warlord's Mark Curse Effect
-30% increased Temporal Chains Curse Effect
-20% reduced Discipline Mana Reservation

Boots (order)
-16% increased Attack and Cast Speed if you've Killed Recently (2)
-18% reduced Mana Cost of Skills if you've been Hit Recently (3)
-10% increased Movement Speed if you haven't been Hit Recently (3)
-0.6% of Damage Leeched as Life and Mana if you've Killed Recently (1)

Gloves
Doesnt really matter, you can skip enchants on it or use base with spell dmg

Flasks
- "Must have" Additional curse + damage over time, massive dmg boost
- "Must have" Leech + more chaos damage = better poison
- You dont need flask for freeze because ascendancy, but antibleeding is needed, Silver flask is amazing because it last long and gives onslaught wchich is really helpfull for our cast speed
- I used to like this flask, you'll always have other flask ready to use because this baby
- No movement skill = Quicksilver.

Gems

Bow:

If you dont have empower, use increase duration/faster casting/spell echo

Chest
If you have 6l run with:

If not use 4l and 2l:

Boots

+Arctic Armour or Enfeeble/Temporals Chains for triple curse.

Gloves

Helmet
Depends on your chest, use Blink Arrow setup or Vaal Haste/Clarity setup. For triple curse recommended 2x Vaal clarity + Vaal haste

Video

Sorry, my toaster is too bad to record anything.
Even with my gear t15 aint any problem, Uber lab and atziri too.
Last edited by piotrekplis on Apr 16, 2017, 5:51:21 PM
Last bumped on Feb 23, 2018, 7:20:34 AM
a good movement skill and overall speed are essential for survivability. why use a bow with this build when you could crit and use a dagger and use whirling blades?
"
a good movement skill and overall speed are essential for survivability. why use a bow with this build when you could crit and use a dagger and use whirling blades?

This is not crit blade vortex.
We are pathfinder so we are running faster than whrilling blades (we have no attack speed for it)

"
piotrekplis wrote:
Darkscorn, really cheap and effective. It boost our Dmg and Survi 25% phys dmg converted to chaos = more poison dmg. 25%phys dmg taken as chaos = 25% less dmg from physical damage because we have 100% chaos resistance.

Bow = more CHAOS = POISON damage and 25% less phys dmg taken so it boost our Damage and Survi.
Even when our survi is really good sometimes we have to escape. No problem = blink arrow = long distance + clone to tank while we are regenerating our Es (because quiver + belt its fast)
"

You may use Innsbury Edge + shield and get WB/SC for movement speed
"
AncorTm wrote:
"

"
piotrekplis wrote:
We are pathfinder so we are running faster than whrilling blades (we have no attack speed for it)

I don't understand why you guys need that WB. It is so slow without attack speed nodes on your skilltree.
This build has +50%movement speed while using flasks (always) its way faster than WB or SC
"
piotrekplis wrote:
"
AncorTm wrote:
"

"
piotrekplis wrote:

I don't understand why you guys need that WB. It is so slow without attack speed nodes on your skilltree.
This build has +50%movement speed while using flasks (always) its way faster than WB or SC

I think he just prefer WB as map running
Is just the 2% leech from Atziri's flask enough? I'm 65 with this build so far.

edit: I don't think I can run Blasphemy/Warlords. Will have it setup in CWDT. Char is gonna be too slow with out Haste on all the time. Idk more testing, and we'll see :)
Last edited by RoncocoMo on May 14, 2017, 6:52:19 PM
"
RoncocoMo wrote:
Is just the 2% leech from Atziri's flask enough? I'm 65 with this build so far.

edit: I don't think I can run Blasphemy/Warlords. Will have it setup in CWDT. Char is gonna be too slow with out Haste on all the time. Idk more testing, and we'll see :)

I don't think you can sustain mana without warlords mark, as long as you are using Soul strike (quiver) and bated breath (belt) you shouldn't have problem with Es.

Tbh i'm playing this build from lvl ~75 (respec from Magic finder :v). Well, with +30% boots i was fast enough to run without haste, i was using vaal haste mostly for cast speed (you don't need 20blades for mapping, just for bosses. Thats why we are using vaal clarity, stacking 20blades before boss fight > nuke boss)
Last edited by piotrekplis on May 15, 2017, 6:41:59 PM
Great BV build, thanks for sharing!

Just a little adjustment - its better to drop method to the madness and take atrophy (chaos nodes at big chaos-physical wheel) - it will give greater chaos damage increase for the same 4 points.
"
Stas88 wrote:
Great BV build, thanks for sharing!

Just a little adjustment - its better to drop method to the madness and take atrophy (chaos nodes at big chaos-physical wheel) - it will give greater chaos damage increase for the same 4 points.

You are right, chaos nodes are better for poison, Phys nodes are mostly for flasks, sin's rebirth, taste of hate works much better with phys nodes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info