[2.6] I am Thor the son of Wraeclast | Legit Pseudo-Mjölnir Build

So what does this build feature, you might ask yourselves.
Well, it is basically your standard-ass Juggernaut, but with 100% more Mjölnir.
More Mjölnir double dips with any damage source, just fyi.

This thing was once a fortune and is now a cheap sale, since it got hit quite hard
nerf-wise. (Juggernaut nerf + the item itself)

Gear
Spoiler

Passives and Ascendancy
Spoiler

Passives:
Passive skill tree build

Ascendancy:

Unrelenting and Unflinching being our Power Generator in Combination with Eye of Innocence. This works, because the 100 Fire Damage are counted as Hit, so due to us igniting a whole lot of crap per second, we get the roll the dice quite a lot for those sweet max charges.

Undeniable basically allows us to ignore Resolute Technique in the Tree, so we can use Elemental Overload.

Unyielding is quite a powerful node. That to be said, I am not using it to it's max efficiency currently. #BuildStillWIP

Gems and Links
Spoiler

http://poecraft.com/gemplanner#v11.0b1S0b.1T1y0P.1O=g0i0U.1g=L1y2K====.=Z0F1T=J.1O3C0m0h.==.==.==

Main Skill:
In this case it is Molten Strike, but you can socket whatever you believe in is most fun for yourself. Just make sure, you have a high enough attack speed, since we are dual wielding.
You could probably use the Dual Strike Skill Gem, but I haven't been testing around that much with different combinations yet. The main thing you need is to proc your Mjölnir anyways.

Edit: Switched to Sunder for Main Skill. It only uses Mjölnir so I don't mind about the dual wield with it and with around 4 attacks per second I utilize the Discharge proc to max efficiency.

CWDT:
For the rest we use 2 Low-Level CWDT Setups to ignite as many enemies as we can.
But why the self-igniting in the first place ? Well, reason #1, it is me. And the more
compelling one, the Juggernaut's Unrelenting coupled with Unflinching. Since the self-ignition of
counts as a hit and we ignite stuff quite a lot per second, we have an infinite endurance charge generator with a 25% chance to stack to max charges. This is really important, because it basically allows us to run 2 Discharges in our Mjölnir, which both will have atleast some or all charges for their procs resulting in damage.

Trigger-Gems:
Just run 'em. Vengeance and Riposte might not be the best skills in the game, but they allow us to proc our Mjölnir a bit more often in longer fights.

Mobility:
For mobility we have Leap Slam and Whirling Blades. But to be honest, you can use no mobility spells too, if you wanna go slow and care more about damage/survivability. Since you can replace the slots with more CWDT Setups.

QoL
Spoiler

This helm, with the Intelligence and the Essence craft for 50% chance to ignite gives you an insane boost in Quality of Life on the build. Since it is not that easy to reach those 300 Intelligence for Mjölnir. The ignites should be self-explanatory.

In my passive tree I am currently running a Brute Force Solution, just to get the INT needed for Mjölnir, but if you have the ability to reach the attribute requirement with just passive tree and gear, you have another jewel slot for a GG jewel open.

This sword and

this body armour just make it stupid-easy to not die.
But in case you think the sword is enough to sustain yourself you could switch out the chest for a non-legacy Kaom's Heart, which would give you 1k more life (a legacy version would be nice, but I can't afford one), but in return take your additional heal of Kingsguard away.

In case of open questions or missing information, please hit me up in the thread, so I can provide as quickly as possible :)
Last edited by akei56 on Apr 12, 2017, 10:48:31 PM
Last bumped on Apr 14, 2017, 11:05:07 AM
Socketing two discharges does nothing because same spells share cooldowns when triggered.
"
Socketing two discharges does nothing because same spells share cooldowns when triggered.

Oh yeah, you are right. I forgot about that change. thanks for the reminder. fixed it now.
1. It's 100% increased, not 100% more.

2. Spell damage doesn't double dip.

Mjolner is still bad even with the 2.6 damage increase because the CD is 0.25s.

Mjolner was playable in 2.4 with 0.1s CD. But going to 0.25 in 2.5 made those builds lose 60% of their DPS and healing.

Current best use of mjolner is as a skin transfer. :(
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
"

I never claimed that, so what is the reason for this comment?

I know that Mjölnir was god tier in 2.4 .
Still, it being bad does not change that fact, that I will try to make a working build with it. And if it is just for the Memes. People made worse trash work. :b
"
akei56 wrote:
"

I never claimed that, so what is the reason for this comment?

I know that Mjölnir was god tier in 2.4 .
Still, it being bad does not change that fact, that I will try to make a working build with it. And if it is just for the Memes. People made worse trash work. :b

You said in the OP 'More Mjolner double dips with any damage source'.

I guess we need a /s command. Didn't realize you were meming ;)

If you think Mjolner was god tier in 2.4, you should have seen it in 2.3 when Juggernaut had full endurance charges on gaining an endurance charge 100% of the time, it had no internal cooldown, and could trigger more than one copy of the same spell. That was utterly insane.

GL with your build.

I'm a very experienced Mjolner build creator and player, and after playing it since before the release of Ascendancy and 2.0 it just brings me tears to try to play it because of how comparatively weak it is now.
twitch.tv/savagewolves
"
If you think Mjolner was god tier in 2.4, you should have seen it in 2.3 when Juggernaut had full endurance charges on gaining an endurance charge 100% of the time, it had no internal cooldown, and could trigger more than one copy of the same spell. That was utterly insane. GL with your build.

Yeah I was taking a build, that built up on that mechanic to make this one. Is quite a bit weaker than back then, I know, since we don't have that opop mechanic anymore, so there is a equal damage and survivability loss.

Let's pray for a Mjölnir Buff in 3.0, since it is still quite a rare item Haha x´)

thx
GGG doesn't want to burn the xbox so the internal cooldown probably won't go down.

Which is the one thing Mjolner needs (going back to 0.1s would make all my builds work well enough again). It's sad to me that because of the xbox release Mjolner has to suck.

But I'm hoping for the opposite. I just don't expect a miracle.

I'll stop derailing your thread with my tears about Mjolner now.
twitch.tv/savagewolves

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info