[2.6] Pathfinder CI Ngamahu Cyclone - Ethical and Viable

Heads up
No, this is not an OP build or even good in some people's standards. If you want an OpieOP build that can do everything effortlessly, go play HOWA or Poison BV. This only caters to people who desires an exotic(?) but viable build like me. Couldn't find a guide so made one myself.

And yes this build is viable. I have done both Shaper and Uber Atziri on the first attempt. So I guess it's good

If you, for some reasons, suddenly desired to play a CI Elemental Melee build, you are just like me. I couldn't find a guide for Pathfinder so I decided to just make one myself. This build has officially completed both Shaper and Uber Atziri(No, not deathless cause I suck) in the first attempt(Gloves, of course, and a Fat Axe).
In my honest opinion, this build is not that good. It is just a little bit exotic for me cause I rarely play Melee and Melee CI is not always a good idea. It has its problems and it is definitely not the best build I have played, but it is decent enough.
Anyway, let's move to the actual guide. Nobody reads this shit anyway.

Screenshots

Offense

In town with Auras and Inc Aoe

Fully buffed

Defense

Pros and Cons

Pros:
-Pathfinder
-Decent damage and speed
-Can facetank most things (Vaal Pact OpieOP)
-Quite cheap and can be built budgetly(not recommended tho)
-Fairly tanky. Can easily achieve >10k ES
-100% ethical damage

Cons:
-Melee
-Can be a bit expensive if you want to do all the Endgame contents
-Can feel like it lacks damage sometimes.
-New Cyclone AOE is assssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
-100% ethical damage

Skill Tree & Bandits

Current lvl 92 tree

Ascendancy: Nature's Adrenaline, Nature's Boon, Master Alchemist and Veteran Bowyer

Bandit: Kill - Attack speed - Kill

Why Pathfinder

Instead of Raider?
'cause Pathfinder is OpieOP.
There are a lot of advantages I think that make Pathfinder a better choice at least for a CI build.
Main one is flasks. Of course, good old flasks, now with 50% more effectiveness. This gives us up to 180% movement speed with quicksilver which is on bar with Raider. Dying Sun gives us 3 more proj for Moltenburst and 60% inc AOE which lessens the oppressiveness of the current AOE
We also get a lot of attack speed from the ascendancy. Also some penetration and increased elemental damage.
Another big one is elemental ailment immunity which allows us to drop a freeze flask and run 3 unique flasks.
Also if we want to go Raider we need to path for Frenzy charges and that's in fact very hard for a CI build because all the frenzy charges are out of the way.
Anyway, I am actually not sure if Pathfinder or Raider is better but I wanted a Pathfinder and so I made one.

Gear

Gear Explanation

Core item of the build.
Why Nghamanu? 'cause it's a good axe. 400dps and Molten burst. The meatballs from Molten burst actually hit like a truck. So it makes the axe more or less a 800dps axe, but only for 1c. So it's pretty good. The molten burst does get supported by the gems socketed so it's technically a 7L. IF you can get a weapon range or culling strike corruption it would be great

Typical high ES chest. Nothing special for a CI build. A 600ES chest probably is sufficient but you will be sitting at about ~8k ES.

Again typical high ES helmet. Nothing special. You can go any enchantment you want or none. Try to get either high accuracy or res if you can.

You may think this is a meme but it is actually a really good item, for a mere 5c. These gloves give me 40% inc ES, 55% melee damage, 63% inc evasion, 157 accuracy, 100 flat mana. Basically we utilize 5/6 stats on the gloves. It also have a 73 flat ES. You can probably get a better rare gloves but it has to be >200ES, >300 accuracy, and attack speed. Good luck finding one for 5c.
*If you want to min max, you should get an elemental weakness on hit gloves, which would let us run a Warchief totem setup.

Another generic ES boots. You DEFINITELY need movement speed on these, at least 20%, because it is both speed and damage, because cyclone scales with our movement speed.

High damage rings. You honestly don't need these. Just use normal res ring. Like these 2.

I only lose about 10% of my damage so these Opal rings are not at all necessary.
What you should look for is a fat WED roll(>30) and some accuracy. You will need accuracy because you won't have much accuracy any where else on gear. Also try to fill out some res and stats.

You can use either a rare amulet or an Eye of Chayula. I OPed for a rare amulet because it's Softcore... No I'm kidding, it's because Cyclone has built in stun immunity so I thought I wouldn't get stunned that much anyway. However it is not perfect, you will at some point get stunned like when you change direction or stop spinning for a split second so I recommend you use Eye of Chayula if you can. I can't because I can't cap my res without a res amulet.

Lots of ES, Wed and Res. That's all you need. Keep in mind that with Shaper's touch, strength is better than Int because it scales both our ES and damage.

Flasks

OpieOP

Try to get as much movement speed as you can on this. You can get either reduced charges used or inc effect.

+movement speed and attack speed. Give me that. This flask is optional, you can get any flask you want. Maybe a Jade flask or Basalt or elemental res flask up to you. I chose this for more damage.

A new pretty good flask. Honestly this flask is the reason why I wanted to make this build. It's so good. It gives 30% fire pen which is basically 30% more damage(more or less) and also 15% reduced damage taken from 1 other res, which is the equivalence of 4% max res.

This flask is questionable. I'm sure it is worth it to run this, but it may hurt you sometimes. It gives a wooping 50% more damage but at the cost of knocking back which can get you into a lot of troubles. However Guardians and Shaper and Atziri can't get knocked back so definitely run this in these fights.

Gems and links

Molten burst
WED - PPAD - Added Fire - Elemental Focus - Conc Effect - Slow Proj/GMP

Main damage skill
Cyclone - WED - Melee damage - Melee damage on full life - Area - Elemental Focuse

You may ask, why not Fire pen? Because we already have ~60 fire pen so fire pen would give us at best about 33% more damage which is less than the other gems.

Movement
Leap slam - Faster attack
Defense
CWDT - Immortal Call

Orb of storms - Curse on hit - Flammability - Free socket

Auras
Grace - Discipline - Herald of Fire - Enlighten

Auras

You will need to get the 2 Aura clusters and a level 3 enlighten to run these 3 auras

Discipline
Duh

Herald of Ash
You may think Anger will give you more damage(I did) but Herald of Ash actually gives more damage in all cases.

Grace/Anger
Grace is my choice because it gives like 10k Evasion which is pretty good when you're always up in monsters' face. It may also be just because of my infatuation with evasion and CI combo. Evasion with CI is actually really good, who knew!
Anger will give you more damage. It would definitely run it for Shaper and Uber Atziri.

Leveling guide

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, read my character's name.

Videos

Nope. Shit computer.
Last edited by thunderring on Apr 10, 2017, 7:29:51 AM
Last bumped on Apr 28, 2017, 12:34:14 AM
a leveling tree would be fantastic
Why u use grace? u think it helps? o_O
there is a guide for this build written by a Grocery, seems u didn't search that good.

You can reach a lot more dmg on this one, i had around 55k in Breach and bosses + shaper was easy, still after the AoE nerfs this build isn't that great anymore. I miss that more then a half screen Cyclone AoE :(
hello nice build :)

i have some question

this build can 16-tier guardian and shaper?

Last edited by daebin2 on Apr 28, 2017, 12:34:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info