2.6 - Shadow Assasin - Low life EK - 550k tooltip dps - Shaper easy deathless - facetank [VIDEO UP]

"
dual VB would be significantly more damage than Pledge of Hands, provided you have a way to keep power charges up against all content, and then you also lose fortify on leap slam

still, just saying, this build can get a good bit more damage if you really want

Not true at all. Dual vb would provide alot less dps. I have tested this. Keep in mind that you need life leech as well. With void batteries you would lose a gem socket. Spell echo and faster casting are the most imortant gems. My initial thought was to make this build around dual vb so I have done my research.

If i remember correctly void batteries did about 70k less dps.(fully charged) staffs got some juicy crit nodes on the tree.
Last edited by ffoD on Apr 3, 2017, 6:14:44 PM
I guarantee it does, you must have set up the gems wrong or something if your results proved otherwise.

I went into Path of Building and imported the build as how you and Archet have it set up, and found that the unflasked DPS vs shaper/guardians with charges up is 230k. 570k with flasks and shock.

Then I switched out Pledge of Hands and put in 2 void batteries, changed inc. crit strikes to slower projectiles (would be faster proj for mapping, increasing clearspeed even more than with the Pledge variant, not to mention that Light Warp casts will be much faster with dual VB), and changed added fire to spell echo. I then took off the staff crit nodes (serpent stance) and picked up another jewel socket. That is all I changed. The unflasked EK DPS vs shaper/guardians with charges up is now showing as 400k, and over 1 million with flasks and shock.

If the calculations are correct added fire does 970k compares do 960k from slower proj.
I certainly hope pathofbuilfing calculations are correct. But i'm to newb to now.
"
I guarantee it does, you must have set up the gems wrong or something if your results proved otherwise.

I went into Path of Building and imported the build as how you and Archet have it set up, and found that the unflasked DPS vs shaper/guardians with charges up is 230k. 570k with flasks and shock.

Then I switched out Pledge of Hands and put in 2 void batteries, changed inc. crit strikes to slower projectiles (would be faster proj for mapping, increasing clearspeed even more than with the Pledge variant, not to mention that Light Warp casts will be much faster with dual VB), and changed added fire to spell echo. I then took off the staff crit nodes (serpent stance) and picked up another jewel socket. That is all I changed. The unflasked EK DPS vs shaper/guardians with charges up is now showing as 400k, and over 1 million with flasks and shock.

I have a couple of decently rolled Void Batteries. I need to 6L my Shavs before giving this a try, obviously.

Guessing you were thinking Skyforth's as power charge generator then? Will need some time to sell off other items before getting my hands one a pair to test things out.
IGN: Archet
"
Archet wrote:
"

I have a couple of decently rolled Void Batteries. I need to 6L my Shavs before giving this a try, obviously.

Guessing you were thinking Skyforth's as power charge generator then? Will need some time to sell off other items before getting my hands one a pair to test things out.

I think it could be ok without skyforths if you used a blue nightmare, or with herald of ice + curse on hit + assmark. And then of course PCoC + orb of storms for single target, maybe with jaws of agony shield with cluster traps in the weapon switch slot if you really wanna push it.

but yeah if you have the money for skyforths they're a huge QoL boost in a build like this.

Here is the Path of Building code for the VB variant if you want to take a look at it - https://pastebin.com/VLy32BXM - I used pretty reasonably rolled rare gear IMO (no GG jewels or rare ES stuff). No skyforths as well, used whalers instead cause I think they're really good budget options for EK.
Last edited by NoobPlayerHere on Apr 4, 2017, 12:01:47 AM
"
I think it could be ok without skyforths if you used a blue nightmare, or with herald of ice + curse on hit + assmark. And then of course PCoC + orb of storms for single target, maybe with jaws of agony shield with cluster traps in the weapon switch slot if you really wanna push it.

but yeah if you have the money for skyforths they're a huge QoL boost in a build like this.

Here is the Path of Building code for the VB variant if you want to take a look at it - https://pastebin.com/VLy32BXM - I used pretty reasonably rolled rare gear IMO (no GG jewels or rare ES stuff). No skyforths as well, used whalers instead cause I think they're really good budget options for EK.

Thanks for the PoB code. Grabbed a pair of whalers too, thanks for the tip. I completely forgot those exist.

Still have to wait for my gems to level before trying anything serious endgame stuff though.
IGN: Archet
I've just started playing your build and I'm new in Shadow character. What about leveling up tips (gear, skill gems, pattern of ascendancy, level tree, etc)?
Hi, would an empower 3/4 be superior compared to a added fire gem or a replacement of any?
"
drigorin wrote:
Hi, would an empower 3/4 be superior compared to a added fire gem or a replacement of any?

in my Calculation only empower 4 but it so expensive :O
Im using ek nova now with 2 VB on a 6L and skyforth's on LSC. Im on mobile now and will post here the dps screen shot. Hope it will help

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info