totems with 'curse on hit' support not working at all

Despite on the properties it says the curse is linked (and showing the "&" icon), the curse does not apply at all...

For instance, flame totem + curse on hit + flammability wont curse the enemy on hit.

Same for shockwave totem and maybe others.
Last bumped on Mar 28, 2017, 8:14:39 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
The property on the skill says “Apply linked curses on hit” or similar. However, the totems don’t have your inventory, so they don’t have any linked curses.

Totems are affected by anything that affects the skill itself, but the curses in a curse-on-hit setup don’t affect the skill themselves, they are not support gems but separate skills on a trigger. Totems can’t use any skill besides the one they’re created with, even if the skill in question is triggered.
Then why totems curse enemies with TC when character is wearing Asenath's gloves? Totems don't wear your char's gloves :P
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Apparently that isn’t a skill (in which case it also doesn’t show up in the character tab), and just modifies hits from your skills, allowing totems to proc it like other non-skill on-hit effects from equipment. The wording is confusing though.
Curse on Hit applies linked Curses - the Skill used by the Totem is not linked to any Curses. Asenath's applies TC on Hit. The Totem does Hit enemies. != rockets.

Asenath's does not grant you the TC Skill and then applies said TC on Hit, unlike for example Ngamahu's Flame. One can tell the difference two ways:
1. Ngamahu's Flame gives a Skill Level
2. Ngamahu's Flame's Skill appears on your Skill bar and Character sheet.
"
Vipermagi wrote:

1. Ngamahu's Flame gives a Skill Level
So does Asenath’s Gentle Touch, which is why I think it’s a bit confusing. You have to actually look in your character screen to see if it’s granting the skill.
Last edited by Melvar on Mar 28, 2017, 3:31:07 PM
Wait, it gives a level now?
*checks patch notes*
Oh that's a nice buff! So yeah, back when it only applied level 1 TC, it didn't give a level:

And I missed or forgot that these changed. My bad!
Very curious though. I was pretty certain that was the identifier...
Last edited by Vipermagi on Mar 28, 2017, 8:15:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info