Armor vs evasion

In a life-based berserker build w/ VP, would you prefer to run:

18k evasion and 20k armor?

Or take IR and roll 40k armor?

Thoughts?
Last bumped on Mar 28, 2017, 5:03:57 PM
evasion + armour, I dont think pure armour could even remotely compare.

Those are crazy totals though, u sure u can get that amount of both those things at the same time? You still getting good life with that? If u can get it then awesome but just make sure you have ur 200% life sorted out too.
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAQHnBS0JlhGBFCAUTRbpGJEaOBpVG_ohNCFgIZAi6iQ3Jd8nLymlKjgqTS5TMgE1kjboOQ47Oz38PydBP0MxRJ5GaUd-SshQR1FMUeZTu1cNWGNYr1nzXz9fsF_QYSFjp2VNbqpvO3KpdO108Xasd1N4DXh6eu982X1bhNmE74VSh2qMz5BVl3mYV5smm7WexZ7NpBmnMKknqW6plKxHrKqtjbIZtC-18ryfvTa-p78Iv9XAGsM6xtjKSs96z37SIdNv2L3ZYdrB3UbkUejW6hDqGOsJ7w72SPcy-F_8Sw==

This is what I'm looking at....still adjusting the tree for min/max, but it's generally what I want to do. 17,200 eva and 19k armor with flasks up (jade of reflexes, granite of iron skin).

Edit: About 5k life at level 80, I'd like to upgrade my life on gear just a bit, and I've got most of the Scion life nodes yet to be taken. It'll be around 200%.

Last edited by smetana6666 on Mar 27, 2017, 11:07:42 AM

u can save a few pathing points like so.

19k + 17k with flasks up, thats a little more understandable. I have a juggernaut with 29k armour + 12k evasion without flasks, but getting that without being a juggernaut would be far too point heavy I think, wasteful. With flasks up is a whole other thing, thats not costing passives so fair play.

Yeah Id ditch iron reflexes, the evasion is way better than the extra armour.
I'd stick with AR/EV. 20k armor is plenty enough to protect you from 99% of stuff in the game, and going from 20k to 40k won't do all that much to protect you from the other 1%. Against that 1%, evasion will be a lot better.
off-topic but i just love this thing

when 3.0 hits and we get our resets, i probably gonna roll a Jugg that uses that helmet and a high armour chest, other slots with full eva+Grace... should be easy 20k both.. then maybe a few shieldnodes and Rumi's.
d:-D*

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info