[2.6] The Death Baron

[2.6] The Death Baron

Hey guys and gals. This is my first build I have decided to post. What inspired this build was "The Baron" close helmet. The idea of having more meatbags based on how strong I was, combined with the damage multiplier working on them zombies and getting the leech, I was sold. I saw a challenge. As a witch, how could I get enough strength to reach the 1000 threshold and have my minions leech to me while staying viable? Is this even possible? Well after some goofing around and some addition trial by fire, I found a set up that works and works well!

The key to reaching the 1000 strength benchmark lied in the boots and well placed jewels. I will go into detail below. Seeing as how this is a strength build, I needed to scale life since I will get so much from strength. All of my gear choices must have some form of added strength in some way.
This build is still a work in progress and always evolving. Now I will go into my current set up. On a side note, I am unsure how to show my current gear on this post. To see my gear, please check out my character profile.

Passive Tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMDAADuBLMN4g5cES0VIBUnFVAYVhhqGbQc3CL0Jy8nqSj6Kk0qmCycLOktgzGeMtE1kjkLOVI62DrhPC0_J0GHRUdFfkd-R4VIjkmxSshMs025WAdakWVNZlRodGjyaqxq-mvbbAttGW6qbzt4DXvDfIN8u30Yf8aCm4LHg1-DzITZhWCFe4aziECKr4yxjr6PGo9GkBGQM5BVksGTJ5uhoS-iAKZXpqynCKh9qsSvbLXytz64k702voq-p7-XwBrAZsWKyT3MvNAf04_T-9fP2L3aYt-K37Dr7uw47IPsiu-I7-vwH_Ie8kX31_k3-ej6gP4K

Bandits: Oak, Kill All, Kill All

Required items:
Spoiler
Helm - The Baron Close Helmet (the reason for the build)
Boots - Alberon's Warpath Soldier Boots (18% strength)
Jewels - Efficient Training Crimson Jewel (90 strength before any multipliers)
Inertia Crimson Jewel (84 strength before any multipliers)

Recommended items:
Spoiler
Mon'tregul's Grasp Void Sceptre
Undying Flesh Talisman (for the +1 zombie)
6-link upper with+1 zombie
2x rings with minion speed (acquired using essence of fear)
Jewels with Minion Damage and + strength/dex
Rest of the gear: Strength Strength Strength

Gems & Links:
Spoiler
6-link: Raise Zombie - Minion Damage - Melee physical damage - Melee Splash - Minion Speed - Blood Magic
The 6 link set up does get changed depending on the situation. Most of the time I have blood magic removed for multi strike. The times I have blood magic is for big bosses, like the guardians, so I can re-summon in battle AND take advantage of the degen from the Beacon of Corruption ascendency.
Active casting 4-link: Blight - cast while channeling - Flesh Offering/Bone Offering - Vulnerability
I am constantly cursing enemies with vulnerability while at the same time always casting the offering. This way, I always have the benefit of the offering as well as procing the Spirit Eater corpse consumption bonus. Also, once I complete my uber lab and pick up Mistress of Sacrifice, I will get the benefits of the offerings. By using level 20 bone offering in my helm, that would add an additional 36% block chance.
Survivability: CWDT - Convocation - Tempest Shield as well as Blasphemy - Enfeeble
As I am constantly running in front and channeling, this will bring the zombies in front and center all while adding the +3% block chance from temp shield. The Enfeeble always keeps those around me to hit softer.
Other Gems: Hatred - Summon Chaos Golem - Vaal Summon Skeletons
The golem gives you some good damage reduction and being able to face tank just about anything.

Flasks:
Still trying to figure this out. At the moment I am using a Rumis, Overflowing Chalice, an HP pot, a stibnite Flask, and a quicksilver. Thanks to the chalice, I can perm the rumis and keep that block chance.

Listed above are my current stats. If I can somehow get to 1200 strength, I will be able to get a 7th zombie while wearing the sceptre. I will be able to maintain max block once I get my final ascendency and have bone offering applied to myself.
This build has been fun to put together and even more to play. I will post a video this week of game play as well as get some kills under my belt.

Future plan: Somehow incorporate the use of the scourge claw with dominating blow. At the moment my problem with it is the mana cost. I may be able to fix it with the use of mana steal support or vaal clarity. More to come on that.

Please let me know what you all think and maybe help me find ways to improve it.

Update 1:
Uber Lab complete
Last edited by atlasalmighty on Mar 27, 2017, 5:33:25 AM
Last bumped on Mar 27, 2017, 3:11:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info