Map Tier Drops Are Bugged

I have two characters now for legacy.
My atlas is at 80/126.

Now, the issue I have is that one of my characters "IfYouGetHitItsYourFault" has no problem at all. When I go through a t10 or above map. I will get a decent rate of t10 and above maps drop. But, when I run on my other character "ForkFire", I find it VERY difficult to get any maps that are t10 or above. I have ran over twenty t10+ maps with over 80 maps dropping. Of said maps, only two or three were t10 or above.

I don't know what to say but... it's making the game unplayable. I cannot reach end game content with this character.
Last bumped on Mar 25, 2017, 4:45:01 PM
Another 20 maps and only 2 of them were he same tier or one higher.
So it seems like you dont have a big enough sample size to really say for sure. Unless you are running more maps in less time then the other toon it's just rng.

I wish I could say for sure that it was just bad RNG but shouldn't 80% of the maps be the same tier or 1 tier higher?

100 maps with only 10 or so now being the same tier or higher..... just seems... incorrect. I'll keep posting.
"
Bereaver wrote:
shouldn't 80% of the maps be the same tier or 1 tier higher?

Oh man, I wish. If I had that kind of great luck I'd probably have reached 90 by now.

Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
But what is your atlas completion rate? At 80/126, maps have an 80% chance to drop one tier higher. I'm running t10+ maps.

Am I wrong about how it works? And if so, my luck on my other character must be fantastic. Which still doesn't make sense. The difference between the higher tier drop rates are insane between the two characters.
Well, I don't know what happened but it appears that my map drop rates are ok again for my other character. So thankful.

I will report back if issues return.
yes you have an 80% rate to get a tier higher map, but that doesn't mean a tier higher than what map you're running.

in a t10 you can get any map drop between t1 and t12. if a t4 drops, it has an 80% chance to be a t5 instead. you can still drop much lower tier maps in a t10. in fact you mostly will
Gotcha, so I must just be getting lucky with my previous drops. I'm cool with that. Hopefully my luck continues on as so now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info