Minions giving other players flask charges

So this has been a concern of mine for quite some time. I love playing summoners in pvp (at least in low level), however there is a huge disadvantage they give, and that is the minions (zombies, raging spirits, etc) give the other player flask charges in PvP.

While I don't think completely removing flask charges from palyer minions in PvP should be needed as that would remove the reward from killing them. Certain summons likes skeletons and raging spirits in my opinion should not give them at all, while others should give a lower or percentage chance amount.

I've lost multiple 1v1s solely because of this factor, and in one case another player remarked they would have been killed 5 times over were it not for this.

Thoughts?
Last edited by Bioness on Mar 21, 2017, 10:43:43 PM
Last bumped on Mar 22, 2017, 8:25:25 PM
As far as I know, Minion Instability is one way to handle it.

Then again, classic non-SRS summoners have usually struggled in pvp from what I can tell.
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
"
Bioness wrote:
So this has been a concern of mine for quite some time. I love playing summoners in pvp (at least in low level), however there is a huge disadvantage they give, and that is the minions (zombies, raging spirits, etc) give the other player flask charges in PvP.

While I don't think completely removing flask charges from palyer minions in PvP should be needed as that would remove the reward from killing them. Certain summons likes skeletons and raging spirits in my opinion should not give them at all, while others should give a lower or percentage chance amount.

I've lost multiple 1v1s solely because of this factor, and in one case another player remarked they would have been killed 5 times over were it not for this.

Thoughts?

minion give flask charge please nurf GGG!
*abuse beacon of corruption no T value poop shit on death cheat*

minion give flask charge please nurf GGG!
*elementalist golem immortal to elem damage, no pvp scaling on golems dps*

minion Give flask charge please nurf GGG!
*thousand themu block occultist srs 50 k life regen on block*

Ok ok all this is HLD cancer OP I am all for you getting no flask charge from your minion but GGG need to work on hld broken minion shit in the other way.
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Mar 22, 2017, 3:18:27 AM
Right now AFAIK minions don't even enter pvp dmg reduction formula, so they're like a regular pve mob backed up by a 6l and ascendancy bonuses, including those with no t value like beacon of corruption
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
Last edited by Ahfack on Mar 22, 2017, 8:35:07 AM
^
Which means they are affected by temporal chains at full effect.

Temp chains blasphemy completely locks down golems and SRS.

There is also phase run (80% reduced enemy visibility), which works on golems, srs, zombies, etc, all minions. You can run right through them they won't attack.

There is also conversion trap.

There is herald of ash and proliferation. Chain.

Most people complaining about minion builds in pvp are just fucking lazy. Too lazy to swap in counters. Usually it's the long term standard players in mirror gear that stick to 1 pvp build for years, hoping to kill everything by holding right click down without thinking.

In 1v1s even with harmony stacking you don't have time to summon golems / cast auras before EA explosions are filling the map. Minion builds have it pretty bad. They're in a better spot than totem builds but that doesn't say much. Minions/totems granting flask charges in pvp would be more of a problem if it wasn't for the fact that most of the top pvp builds are pathfinder and don't have issues with flask scarcity. There's just so many counters to minions as-is.

Beacon of corruption damage is problematic for sure but I've seen zerphi builds heal through the dot from level 28 stone golem. We also see players with -60% chaos resist cry about it - essentially no effort to adapt just cry until it's nerfed. No one is swapping in 50% reduced chaos damage over time essence of delirium armour for example. Nerfing beacon of corruption without substantive changes to other things will, imo, make pvp less fun/interesting. GGG needs to include some give with the take, and have a broader view of balance when they change things. We don't need more short-sighted fixes like making inquisitor penetration do nothing in pvp. It's a bit of a joke now with all the penetration sources GGG added since then (new threshold jewels, new flask, new items).
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Last edited by Vhlad on Mar 22, 2017, 3:24:02 PM
Though as I said I can't really speak for high level dueling, since I rarely do it. All those problems with minions at that level don't apply at level 28 which is before ascendancies and golems.

That isn't to say all the other points aren't valid on their own. I figured the reason for this was because minions are treated just like monsters. For such changes to occur is that something that can be fixed only when under the control of the player or would it require reclasses minions entirely.

What I'm saying is in regards to flask charges, would this even be a feasible change? Making a monster not give flask charges or give percentage chance/partial ones.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info