[2.6] Chieftain - Brutus Molten Strike Sprinkler - WIP

Hello All! I am here today to share a build I've recently been playing. There are many ways to play this build, but I found that I greatly enjoy the setup I am using.

You should play this build if:
Spoiler
You enjoy melting your enemies into ash and dust

Pros:
Spoiler

Budget Build
Can do any mod
Good League Starter!
Fast clear speeds!
Insane scaling
15k EHP+

Cons:
Spoiler

Weird leveling transition in the 60's (When you swap from HP base to HP/ES

Build mechanics:
Spoiler
So this build will be utilizing quite a few items. The main items you need to make this build work are

With all the insane strength scaling we do, the Energy shield gains from the gloves/armor is insane! And obviously, we need 2 sprinklers to melt faces! I also strongly suggest
For insane strength scaling. At first I was going to use Xoph's Heart, but I realized that I could just get Avatar of Fire with 3 passive points, so I went with astramentis. It saves us a buttload of passive points with the dex/int we dont need to grab. It also benefits our ES setup with 100 int!

IMPORTANT!!!! READ HERE!!!!
Spoiler
This build is useless without 2x Wildfire Jewels. You place them in the only 2 jewel slots where you have a cluster of str nodes (marauder starting area, and templar area)

Passive Tree:

Ascendancy!
Spoiler
CHIEFTAIN OBVIOUSLY ;)
Spend your points in this order:
1st: Tawhoa, Forest's Strength
2nd: Ngamahu, Flame's Advance
3rd: Hinekora, Death's Fury
4th: Ramako, Sun's Light

Current Gear:
Spoiler

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING: Get as MUCH strength on your gear as possible. With the chieftain ascendancy, the multiplier of 10% and the boot multiplier, we want at least 200 strength from gear. My gear is far from optimized as of right now bc I just made this character not too long ago, but the point is to stack strength and abuse scaling

I strongly suggest using 1 jewel with +2 mana gained for each enemy hit by attacks, so you can avoid running a mana flask altogether. If not, just run a mana flask with instant mana regen.

MODIFER PRIORITY:
Spoiler

WED
Fire Damage to Attacks
Strength
Fire Damage
Life
Attack Speed

Gem Links *Optimal*
Spoiler
I am currently using a 5 link, and it is not optimized because I have a blue socket that i wish i did not have. Ideally we want 4 red 2 green, but that will be hard to achieve with geofri's.
Links in order: Molten Strike--WED--Multistrike--Faster Attacks--Fire Penetration--LMP (swap out for slower projectiles on boss fights)

Links to use if youre forced to play with a blue socket: All of the above, but swap out LMP for Elemental Focus.
YES, this sucks, because it shuts off ignite, thus rendering the 35% damage boost from chieftain ascendancy useless, but its a huge raw dps boost, so its not the worst thing in the world.

Gloves: Blood Magic--Leap Slam--Faster Attacks--Fortify
Boots: Increased Duration--Vaal Grace--Vaal Clarity--Vaal Haste
Wep 1: CWDT lv6--Flammability lv8--Increased AOE (or another buff spell if you want)
Wep 2: Anger/Discipline/Optional Enlighten Gem
Helm: Flame Golem--Minion Life--Blood Magic

BANDITS
Spoiler

N: life
C: attack speed
M: passive

LEVELING AREA:
Spoiler
I found that the easiest way to level was to roll with 2x
and use flame totem + molten orb to level to 28. Then at 28, make the instant switch over to Sprinklers. If you cant afford the uniques due to a league start, just aim for some crappy wands with spell dmg and dmg to spells, and let your totem unleash. I went from 4-28 with nothing but flame totem + LMP and magma orb in a 3 linked wand. At 28, you switch over to the sprinklers, and run one of three choices: Spectral Throw + LMP, Cyclone, or Molten strike. The choice is yours. I personally suggest Cyclone.
AFTER LV28: Pretty smooth sailing from here on out. Stack strength and life on gear, focus on passive nodes that give life, but work your way towards the fire damage nodes while doing so. I focused 80% on life nodes while leveling bc the sprinklers scale insanely on their own. For Auras, I ran Haste for clear speed, then swapped to anger once i found some 25% move speed boots. Once you hit merciless, its time to Blasphemy + Warlords mark to stay alive. you run warlords mark until you have your Ascendancy for merciless giving you the 1% life leech, then you swap out Warlords for Discipline (This is around the time where you transition to geofris + shapers touch + ES base helmet)

Screenshots COMING SOON. I am tired. I just wanted to get the build out so people can see what i am doing.

STATS
Spoiler

At level 70:
I currently have 11k EHP with 5.5k HP and 5.5k ES. Tooltip on molten strike is 60k, and that does not factor in all 9 projectiles and their AOE damage. Still capping my resists, but its trivial as of right now.
Last bumped on Apr 8, 2017, 6:31:29 PM
Sick build man ! This is gonna buff Molten strike by alot.
Can you use RF ? Since you cant be ignited also maybe in the future remove Rt and get element overload for 40% more element dmg (its more dmg not increased dmg ,it will buff the fire dmg).
Share some videos man ,atziri and shaper !
Max blocks Tanky dualist 34-40k dps thread/1028992
Almost max blocks Tanky witch 40k dps physic or element build thread/1071884
seems nice im lvling it right now ... gonna have some updates on gem or some videos?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info