Steven Wise... Lives 15 minutes from my home. Should Chimpanzees have human rights?

"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Last bumped on Mar 17, 2017, 3:17:53 PM
If and when a chimp can make their own argument for rights in court, without human assistance, then I'd grant them rights. Until then, no.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
It's kind of an oxymoron since chimps are not human, right? I agree that they should have some rights however.

The crest of the slippery slope of humanizing non humans is looking higher than ever.
Censored.
Last edited by kolyaboo on Mar 16, 2017, 6:18:37 PM
Every species on this planet should have rights, call them earthling rights not human rights.
Earthling rights? OK
Censored.
"
sarahaustin wrote:
Every species on this planet should have rights, call them earthling rights not human rights.
I like how you didn't limit your advocacy to animals. Plants have rights too. Eating is murder. It is our duty to prevent all species on this planet from doing so. It's obviously the right thing to do.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Mar 16, 2017, 7:28:02 PM
"
sarahaustin wrote:

Should it be a criminal act for me to step on an insect walking on the sidewalk, even by mistake? What about spiders in my house? Should it be criminal to just squash them, or should I get a cup and capture them and toss them outside? I probably kill somewhere in the ballpark of a few million insects every time I mow my yard, does this make me guilty of genocide? Just think about the screams of those poor insects getting choppity chop chopped up by the mower blade on a frequency humans can't hear, and even if we could, it's drowned out by the mower running.....Ever think about that? I do, because that's how my brain works.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Mar 16, 2017, 9:36:01 PM
IIRC insects don't even have pain so why would they scream?
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
silumit wrote:
IIRC insects don't even have pain so why would they scream?

Have you ever seen an insect squirm after taking a lighter to it? If it didn't feel pain, then it wouldn't move when the lighter hits it.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
If and when a chimp can make their own argument for rights in court, without human assistance, then I'd grant them rights. Until then, no.
Good thing we have grandfather clauses then. I'd bet a LOT of humans couldn't effectively do that.
I didn't specify that said argument need be successful. Just
1. an argument
2. for rights.

Basically: ask, and ye shall receive. Can't ask? Don't receive.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Mar 16, 2017, 10:51:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info