[3.11] Shaper = Stunned, Tidebreaker Heavy Strike Stunner Build

^^^

This. Could we take blood magic and health nodes behind it for a ton of Hp and then put curses on CWDT or CoH set up?
"
Lmcsquare wrote:
Hey so I wanted to switch to pure physical version what would I need to change to do that ? like what auras and gem setup maybe ? with my 88 slayer

"
Sllew wrote:
^^^

This. Could we take blood magic and health nodes behind it for a ton of Hp and then put curses on CWDT or CoH set up?

I did mention the aura and gem changes in the guide. In short, you socket in Brutality(take out Maim Support) and run 2 auras chooing from Haste, Arctic Armour and Blasphemy(and take out Hatred and Herald of Ash).

If you pick Blood Magic, the biggest downside is that you won't be able to use Damage on Full Life Support. You will also lose your auras like Haste. The Blood Magic nodes provide 35% life for 4 passive points, compared to 4 normal life nodes that's 15% inc life. So the pros about Blood Magic are infinite mana for Leap Slamming and 15% inc life. Cons are: cannot use Damage on Full Life and losing 2 auras. In my opinion it's not worth it.
Alright, ive made a few adjustments, including 6linking my weapon and adding enchant to helmet, however i am still HALF of ur pob dmg.
I simply cannot understand why I am so far from the 1mil.
Pure phys with maim/bleed on totem puts me at 510k shaper dps, while the elemental one shows over 600k shaper dps...
Can you give me an update whenever you got time?
I am enjoying it so far, and killed phoenix, but he is quite hard to stun reliably so far. And I use all portals on him every time.
"
Adstringo wrote:
Alright, ive made a few adjustments, including 6linking my weapon and adding enchant to helmet, however i am still HALF of ur pob dmg.
I simply cannot understand why I am so far from the 1mil.
Pure phys with maim/bleed on totem puts me at 510k shaper dps, while the elemental one shows over 600k shaper dps...
Can you give me an update whenever you got time?
I am enjoying it so far, and killed phoenix, but he is quite hard to stun reliably so far. And I use all portals on him every time.

You should compare PoB DPS without flasks. You are missing those 2 expensive flasks and my flasks are legacy versions. There are also many otherlittle things that add up: corruptions, jewels, gem level and quality, etc. If you're getting 600k Shaper dps from PoB, that's already not bad. With a few more tweaks I think you will be able to stun-lock Shaper.

Phoenix fight is a special fight for our build. The best way to fight this boss is to pretend he is stun immune and dodge his attacks instead of going full in into stun-locking. The problem with stun-locking him is that his adds are too annoying and deal significant amount of damage. However, if you just clear the adds and dodge Phoenix's attacks(only 2 skills to watch out for), this fight is actually super easy.
phoenix is pain, i cant stun him, because his adds hit me, die so much but still manage to kite him, use totem to finish
chimera is the most ez boss, just stun him no problem
finish shaper, can stun him 80% time, but cant stun the unshaped monster, its attack 1shot me
Last edited by dtk92892 on Jan 7, 2018, 12:06:36 AM
"
dtk92892 wrote:
phoenix is pain, i cant stun him, because his adds hit me, die so much but still manage to kite him, use totem to finish
finish shaper, can stun him 80% time, but cant stun the unshaped monster, its attack 1shot me

Yes, it's just better to kite Pheonix; the general stun-locking strat doesn't work well in this fight.

It's weird that you can stun Shaper reasonably well but failed to stun the Unshaped. This mini-boss should be much easier to stun, you just need to dodge the frostbolt nova while approaching him.
"
brightwaha wrote:
"
dtk92892 wrote:

Yes, it's just better to kite Pheonix; the general stun-locking strat doesn't work well in this fight.

It's weird that you can stun Shaper reasonably well but failed to stun the Unshaped. This mini-boss should be much easier to stun, you just need to dodge the frostbolt nova while approaching him.

ye i tried but when he slam vortex, i cant stop him, so i must get out. It happens all the time
1 tiny last thing, for some reason you have 3.7 atk rate, and I got 2.7 atk rate.. Adding the exact same items as you, including the extra jewel, I hit 3.1, still 0.6 behind.. How?
"
Adstringo wrote:
1 tiny last thing, for some reason you have 3.7 atk rate, and I got 2.7 atk rate.. Adding the exact same items as you, including the extra jewel, I hit 3.1, still 0.6 behind.. How?

It's really hard to tell because I can't see your PoB page... Well, might be config settings? There are 2 non-consistent attack speed bonuses from Berserker ascendancy, and I did select the config settings so that both are enabled. Maybe that's making the difference.
"
dtk92892 wrote:
"
brightwaha wrote:
"
dtk92892 wrote:

ye i tried but when he slam vortex, i cant stop him, so i must get out. It happens all the time

I think you were just being unlucky. Or it might be that you were hit below full life and slowed by chill effects.

Usually I wouldn't rush this boss; if you dodge his first couple of attacks and wait for a nice and clear timing to start trying to stun-lock, it should be easily stunned.

You can even pop flasks for this fight, and recharge flasks from other trash mobs before entering the portal to fight Shaper.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info