[3.11] Shaper = Stunned, Tidebreaker Heavy Strike Stunner Build

Is this build effective with Cyclone instead of Sunder?

Something like this:

Tidebreaker: Heavy Srike - Melee Phisical Damage - Brutality - Maim - Ruthless - Faster Attacks

2 6L Weapon: Cyclone - Faster Attacks - Melee Physical Damege - Brutality - Life Leech + Other

Planning to do the Berseker version btw.
"
Is this build effective with Cyclone instead of Sunder?

Something like this:

Tidebreaker: Heavy Srike - Melee Phisical Damage - Brutality - Maim - Ruthless - Faster Attacks

2 6L Weapon: Cyclone - Faster Attacks - Melee Physical Damege - Brutality - Life Leech + Other

Planning to do the Berseker version btw.

I have tried cyclone several times and I never liked it. The reasons are:

1. It just doesn’t feel fast at all. Maybe I’m not doing it correctly but the speed just feels mediocre.

2. Cyclone has one of the lowest damage per hit compared to other melee attacks. So unless you’re well geared you will fail to stun mobs and take quite a lot of damage from mobs, which we wouldn’t if Heavy Strike or Sunder were used.

I have an issue I have all the same uniques my jewels are identical in point of view of max hp, I'm usinga tabula atm but I only have 3k hp at level 74, the damage is really good though its just I die a lot because of my lack in hp. Knowing that getting the tidebreaker with my 6link could take a while .. What would you recommend ?
"
Lmcsquare wrote:
I have an issue I have all the same uniques my jewels are identical in point of view of max hp, I'm usinga tabula atm but I only have 3k hp at level 74, the damage is really good though its just I die a lot because of my lack in hp. Knowing that getting the tidebreaker with my 6link could take a while .. What would you recommend ?

Get more life nodes, get better rares and replace your belt. If you take a look at your gears, there just isn't much flat life on the gears, you definitely want more. I think as you level up and replace at least your belt first, you will be at a comfortable max hp.

You can replace your Tabula with Kaoms when you get a 5-link on your Tidebreaker. At least Tidebreaker offers a pseudo 6-link with the Endurance Charge on Melee Stun.
Can I use this build for the new Ono-goroshi sword?
"
lordon wrote:
Can I use this build for the new Ono-goroshi sword?

There is a possibility to build around this sword and make use of one hand nodes and crit. But I don't think that version of this build can achieve similar power level in terms of stunning endgame bosses. At least not without Mirror worthy crit gears.
Have you attempted elder with this build? I'm having trouble with yellow tier elder and above.

I can stun-lock elder just fine during his first phase. But when he respawns and gains an energy shield I can't stun-lock him nor get rid of his energy-shield fast enough to stun-lock him. And there is degen effects and flying shit coming at you from everywhere that is pretty much unavoidable unless you have great micro skills (which I don't).

Any advice?

(aside from Elder, I'm having lots of fun with this build)
Last edited by coatofarms on Dec 25, 2017, 2:59:00 AM
"
coatofarms wrote:
Have you attempted elder with this build? I'm having trouble with yellow tier elder and above.

I can stun-lock elder just fine during his first phase. But when he respawns and gains an energy shield I can't stun-lock him nor get rid of his energy-shield fast enough to stun-lock him. And there is degen effects and flying shit coming at you from everywhere that is pretty much unavoidable unless you have great micro skills (which I don't).

Any advice?

(aside from Elder, I'm having lots of fun with this build)

I have been on vacation and my character in Abyss league is far from being able to challenge Elder. I am considering giving up on playing the league and at least finish all the new content with my standard character first. But in short, I have not yet fought Elder so I cannot tell.

I am guessing that it could very well be the problem of energy shield. As you may already know, having energy shield means 50% chance to avoid stun. So it seems that you either need higher attack speed to overcome that, or to kite the boss somehow and remove his energy shield.

Cannot really give any more advise so far; I don't like to talk about anything without experiencing it myself. Would be nice if some other people doing this type of build can contribute some advise.
Hello, i really like this build you put up, it's very fun and rewording at the same time,i was struggeling with the vaal pact node and, changed the build a bit and put some Life Regen in it, it works really god but i still get 1 shoted from time to time, can u look a bit at it and tell me what's your opinion, is carnage heart a solution for the increase dmg when leeching?
Last edited by Sergiu1303 on Dec 25, 2017, 6:11:26 AM
"
Sergiu1303 wrote:
Hello, i really like this build you put up, it's very fun and rewording at the same time,i was struggeling with the vaal pact node and, changed the build a bit and put some Life Regen in it, it works really god but i still get 1 shoted from time to time, can u look a bit at it and tell me what's your opinion, is carnage heart a solution for the increase dmg when leeching?

I cannot see your character profile; you have not set it to public yet.

Usually if you die to one shot, it means

1. You need to get more life from passive or gears. This build aims to get 7k+ life.

2. You need to understand what mobs/skills are threatening and either avoid these or make use of our ability to stun.

There are so many weird mechanics that, even you have solid defenses you may die in one shot. I cannot tell what you’re actually dying to but certain bosses like Racecourse boss or Crypt boss have some one shot mechanics that you need to keep in mind and play around.

The increased dmg while leeching works if you’re Slayer, but other leech related mods don’t work very well on a Slayer. A rare amulet is most likely a better option. Also, as you are frequently dying to one shots, rare amulets can offer life rolls that Carnage Heart doesn’t.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info