[2.6] Gruthkul's pelt - let's talk about this new chest and builds

Hey everyone. Let's talk about this beast

What we get? Alot of phys damage, nice max life, gorgeous look with char size (hey, I'm minotaur!) and disabled spells.

What I'm tested:
1. We can't use any spells: blood rage, blasphemy, CWDT setup, auras, golems
2. We can't use spell totems
3. We can't use casts like detonate dead

What we can:
1. Use witchfire flask for vulnero curse
2. Use gloves with curse on hit

What builds with this I see:
1. Tukohama shield with facebreakers and blood magic. Gruthkul's grant's with this nice damage. But poor survaivability
2. Elemental convert build. I will try it with minotaur maul. Maybe it can work.
3. Leveling item before dried lake. Yes, item level 38, and you can easy rush to merciless with this.

Right now I trying this with my Berserker Ngamahu. Maybe it will be an option - maybe no.

Current gear is not finished. I need gloves with elemental weakness on hit

Spoiler

Explanation
Spoiler

Death rush because we can't use blood rage. That boost our speed and dps

Salute because I'm poor and without blood rage and good leech with berserker we have 60% damage. Xoph's blood is better

Penetration and resist

This help against reflect

Tree right now on 75lvl
Spoiler

Tree I want

What you think about this chest and viable builds on it?
Last edited by Kursed_one on Mar 14, 2017, 4:28:00 AM
Last bumped on Apr 14, 2017, 8:58:22 AM
Can you use warcrys?

I am thinking of a juggernaut build. With the life regen and flat life, you should be pretty unstoppable.
I'm thinking something with Starforge and maybe Blood Magic (you might as well). Starforge already have the no elemental damage, so Hatred and Heralds ect. are out of the question.
About time for Dark Pact and Abyssal Cry to get some love?
"
BoMehNon wrote:
Can you use warcrys?

I am thinking of a juggernaut build. With the life regen and flat life, you should be pretty unstoppable.

Yes, you can use Warcry.
About time for Dark Pact and Abyssal Cry to get some love?
Hello, if anyone still intresting about that item - im just tried to fb+tukohama and that chest, and i wanna show you a difference with belly and gruthkul. I didnt try to change my nods somehow, just wanted to what ill recieve.
Same gems, same nods.
belly
Spoiler

gruthkul's pelt
Spoiler

3 totems plus silver/atziri/toh/lion's roar flasks
gruthkul's pelt
Spoiler

belly
Spoiler

As you can see dps boost is kinda meh, but still something (i tried it on chieftain and i think u can get a much better result on berserker), plus it was not the best possible rolls (+77% phydamage instead of +100%)

Hp difference is acceptable and you geting almost the same total res as in belly, but pelt gives you only 180 armor + 180 evasion and that a really low even compared with belly.

The main problem for me its that u cant use CWTD+IC with that item (it can be somehow fixed by swaping abyssus to deidbell) and also vaal haste/grace and golem buffs.
So, imo, that item is kinda useless on lategame content such a shaper/uberatziri or even t16 maps with hard mods.

Anyway its a great item for leveling (lvlreq is only 38), uberlabs (because u can swap your abyssus to deidbell without losing huge ammount of dps) and everything below t16 maps (dps boost is still a very solid and you get it almost for nothing).

I hope this information will be usefull for someone and sorry for my bad english skills.
Spoiler
Last edited by dholly on Mar 30, 2017, 8:48:57 PM
I'm curious about Spell Skills deal no Damage node. Actually you can be immune to most shaper and atziri damage if we are. But developers missleading word - YOUR
Last edited by Kursed_one on Apr 14, 2017, 8:57:06 AM
"
BoMehNon wrote:
Can you use warcrys?

I've tried using this chest with my Cleave Jugg build. It's really nice for DPS boosting, BUT - u can't use Immortal Call (it's a spell) and this is HUGE drawback, for me at least, coz I'm playing LHC. U can easely be killed by porcupines/miscreations/etc. I had 8 end charges,permanent Fortify (+40% effectiveness from Unyielding and Rampart), Basalt flask, some armor (don't remember how much) and almost 7k HP, but it's still was dangerous. I realy don't think 100% phys damage worth it.
Last edited by Dakkar890 on Apr 14, 2017, 12:01:56 AM
"
Kursed_one wrote:
I'm curious about Spell Skills deal no Damage node. Actually you can be immune to most shaper and atziri damage if we are.

Not sure if joking or not.

YOUR spells deal no damage (if you somehow manage to circumvent the "cannot use spells" restriction, which is possible via some items/corruptions/etc).

Monster spells still deal full damage to you.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Apr 14, 2017, 7:18:43 AM
Not worth to use this chest in end game. Its just another leveling chest or in another way - unbalanced chest.
Last edited by Life2v on Apr 14, 2017, 8:06:26 AM
"
Peterlerock wrote:
"
Kursed_one wrote:
I'm curious about Spell Skills deal no Damage node. Actually you can be immune to most shaper and atziri damage if we are.

Not sure if joking or not.

YOUR spells deal no damage (if you somehow manage to circumvent the "cannot use spells" restriction, which is possible via some items/corruptions/etc).

Monster spells still deal full damage to you.

Sorry for confuze. Editing my message) That will be really good if Spell skills deal no damage to you, but not your spell skills ;)

Best option for this is leveling. Real fast and easy to do this.
With warchief it is still bad. Reason - abyssus.
Another option - MTX
And final - pathfinder. Because we can use any flasks like witchfire brew or Sin's Rebirth
Last edited by Kursed_one on Apr 14, 2017, 9:00:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info