Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Can somebody explain the AoE changes ? GGG please ?

Edit - Stupidity Intensifies. Old post that i've edited.
Last edited by DoctorHiruruluk on Sep 20, 2019, 5:55:54 AM
Last bumped on Feb 27, 2017, 8:07:08 PM
"
If for example we had a Blade Vortex with 100 AoE, having a source of AoE that gives 20 % and another one that increases by 10 %, would increase it to 120, and then from 120 to 132 AoE.

No, this is not the case. We don't have any stats currently that increase AoE by 20% or any arbitrary percentage. All the increases currently are to the radius of the AoE.

The formula for calculating the area of a circle is A = PI*r^2 where:
A means Area of the circle (AoE)
PI means Pi (3.14...)
r means Radius

As we can immediately see, since the current increases affect the radius, the area of the circle grows exponentially. I don't think I need to explain why exponential growth is a bad thing.

As for the "diminishing returns" wording, it's only if you compare it to the previous radius increases. Now that we will be increasing the Area, not Radius, instead of Area growing exponentially, Radius grows logarithmically. So seemingly if you were looking at the circle, it'd seem to grow slower and slower, while in reality the area of the circle still increases linearly.
Last edited by Alhoon on Feb 27, 2017, 7:36:12 PM
Thanks man, i thought each increase node for example, in 2.5 and older versions is multiplicative.

So does that mean that in 2.6, if you have a base radius of 20, then it would be 20x20 = 400x3.14 = 1256.64 Area, and then that area is increased by 100 % to make it to 2513.28 and we then from there go and try to find the radius, which would be A/3.14 = 2513.28/31.4 = 800.31 where 800.31 is r2. So we have to find which number multiplied by itself equals 800.31 which in my case i think is like 28.29 which is the new radius ??

So a 20 radius with 100 % area of circle increase in 2.6 is equal to around 28.30 radius, which is like around 42-43 % increase in the skills radius ?

Can you please confirm it for me ? Am i doing it right ?

Also thanks for the circle formula, i didn't know about that.
"

Can you please confirm it for me ? Am i doing it right ?

Yes.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info