Is there an endgame (guardians/shaper) build where scion is the BEST choice?

When I do builds I usually start from the ascendancy first and look for ways build on top of that. Scion is somewhat unique (some would say weak) in that regard. Is there any good build where she's actually the best choice and isn't just a watered down version of something that would be better on another class (due to their more potent ascendencies)?
Last edited by falkor99 on Feb 27, 2017, 6:33:19 PM
Last bumped on Mar 4, 2017, 9:24:18 PM
"
falkor99 wrote:
When I do builds I usually start from the ascendancy first and look for ways build on top of that. Scion is somewhat unique (some would say weak) in that regard. Is there any good build where she's actually the best choice and isn't just a watered down version of something that would be better on another class (due to their more potent ascendencies)?

I find Ascendant very strong if played with Essence Drain. Especially if you plan to go lowlife.

DPS-wise it's probably the best choice (Occultist gives some good DPS tools, but Scion's passive tree efficiency is way better). Defensively-wise Trickster or Occultist can be better depending on how you play, but Scion is the perfect all-rounder for Essence Drain, imho, which works very well on all fights.

Shaper is pretty a joke, Uber Vaal / Trio / Atziri are a joke, 2 of 4 guardians are a joke. Hydra and Chimaera are more difficult due to poison immunity, but doable if you know what they do. They aren't easier for ED with other ascendancies.

I don't know if there are other builds which can be optimized as Scion. Ancestral warchief played with Facebreakers + bringer of rain + tukohama's fortress is pretty good too but maybe there are better options on other classes (Berserker is very good, for example, and it has the warcry ascendancy which is amazing).
Agreed with the above. It seems that to actually take advantage of the Scion Ascendancy rather than merely find ways to make it work(but worse than other classes) Essence Drain is really it, maybe Caustic Arrow as well for basically the same reasons as Essence Drain. Basically any poison build that also benefits from projectile damage works well with Scion both in terms of the Ascendancy(Deadeye actually being best in slot for a change, albeit for the Scion rather than Ranger) and skill pathing, seeing that you want both projectile damage and poison/chaos/dot damage which are typically on different parts of the tree, but with Scion being in the middle and its ability to have 2 starting locations on the tree you have easy access to both saving a bunch of skill nodes that would otherwise be wasted on travel nodes(+10 str/dex/int).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info