Idea to GGG about VP Change

Hi GGG i have nice idea about Vaal Pact change:
Vaal Pact
-No life regeneration
-Life Leech applies instantly
-If your Energy Shield higher as 6000 you lose 1% instand leech every 100 ES
-If your Life higher as 6000 you lose 1% instand leech every 200 life

This mean if you stack 10000 Es you will leech only 60% instant and 40% as normal regeneration but if you stack 16000ES you will lose instand leech completly.Now people should think how many es or life they will stack and what will be better VP or ZO or regenerationfor they build.And you not need nerf flat ES anymore. Like i said this is only idea the value can be changed for better balance.
Sorry for my English but i think you understand what im mean.
Last edited by SerenaDrake on Feb 25, 2017, 10:47:46 PM
Last bumped on Feb 26, 2017, 6:20:01 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
EZ 'fix' for VP:

"VP cancels GR" and vice/versa.

VP was intended to supplement the right side of the tree with its limited access to life nodes, not turn CI into the single effective meta.
Patch Notes 3.15:
Fixed a bug where players believed the game was playable. This has been corrected and made retroactive.
Patch Notes 3.19:
Fixed a bug where players adapted to 3.15. This bug cannot be corrected, so we have implemented a 90% reduction in item access as a punishment.
"
BlaqWolf wrote:
EZ 'fix' for VP:

"VP cancels GR" and vice/versa.

VP was intended to supplement the right side of the tree with its limited access to life nodes, not turn CI into the single effective meta.

And if they turn VP to left side they just make new maradeur (Berserker) meta think about berseker ascendancy 100% life leech if you take Savage hit.
Last edited by SerenaDrake on Feb 25, 2017, 10:49:56 PM
No need for bandaids with arbitrary thresholds / values like this, no thank you.

That will just make the game more confusing, and eventually make the overal balance harder to maintain, this is a dirty solution and I honestly think that it's the last thing that the game needs.

If VP moves nearer to Berserker, maybe they could just slightly change the ascendancy accordingly ( The ascendancy could be lowered to 50% or 25% + instant leech for example, it's kinda bad to use it wihout it anyway .... ).
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Feb 26, 2017, 12:15:33 AM
I really think that VP needs to either move to the duelist marauder area, or at the very least swap spots with iron reflexes. Iron Reflexes has more benefit in a per evasion side of the tree but also has a higher downside due to losing a ton of dex value over there.

Either way... losing health regen on VP means nothing in its current state since there is basically no regen over there. But it does mean something to a Duelist or Marauder since they have easier access to life regen. They also have easier access to life leech. So they can supplement that build for VP but at the same time lose out on something they also have access to. AKA an actual choice to be made.

Probably needs a nerf in terms of effectiveness as well. Might also need to look at the berserker ascendancy as well in terms of synergy and perhaps a nerf.

Ghost Reaver might also give some other buff to leech as well as applying leech to energy shield. Maybe smaller nodes behind it or something.
Or, you know, just get rid of instant leech altogether as it's a horrible mechanism that forces content to be balanced around massive untelegraphed burst damage since that's the only thing that can actually threaten instant leech builds, thereby unfairly punishing anyone NOT hiding behind such a mechanic.
Have Vaal Pact require eating souls to insta leech.
I still think best VP would be only a % your life (or es) is instant. And the balance is still applied as normal.

This can be scaled with increased life leeched per second.

For example 10%

Your es pool is 10,000. Your hit leeches 5000 back. Only 1000 is intant, the rest is applied normally. Or if you have 10k, and the hit leeches back 500, all 500 is instant.

I think this should apply to Vaal pact for both life and es. Keeping the can not recharge life mod as is. Leaving ES regen alone.

To balance this out as well, is a change to Ghost reaver.
Ghost reaver should be changed to 50% of leech applies to energy shield.

Not only does this help balance out leech amount for the high es pool compared to life

But it also opens up more hybrid life/es oportunities, as 50% of leech would still apply to life pool on a ghost reaver setup.

Lowlife without a shavs would become more possible, shav builds would also benefit from being able to bloodmagic some skills if needed. Just more flexability.

High life builds would benefit more from having some es around as well.

And CI builds would still be able to benefit from super high ES pools.

Here's a simple fix for VP:
1. Vaal Pact:
- life and mana leech works only with attacks (possibly even only with melee attacks).

2. Vessel of Vinktar:
2% of Lightning Damage Leeched as Life during Flask effect (down from 20)
2% of Lightning Damage Leeched as Mana during Flask effect (down from 20)
Leech applies instantly during Flask effect (back from the nerf)

This nerfs all ranged based leech without affecting melee.
It also nerfs HoWa builds dramatically, without nerfing the item itself.

The thing is, as a melee, you are constantly facetanking mobs and bosses. You NEED leech to survive. You will not be able to survive without instant leech and, being limited to leech only 20% of your pool per second is stupid. None of the games that I know of put this kind of restriction on leech, making Vaal Pact not an upgrade, but neccessity of every single melee build.
Ranged characters are always safer because they are ranged. They shouldn't need VP. If you are nerfing VP because of caster/ranged builds, think again, because otherwise melee will suffer a lot more from it.

In most other games, Melee builds have more life inherently, as in, casters scale their Int for damage/mana/etc., Melee scales Str stats to equip items/improve life.
In PoE, because of the way the tree is structured, you don't get any more defenses then the casters do just because you've decided to go melee. You don't get more life investing in Vitality/Strength to equip items, because you only need stats from 1 or 2 items without any real investment to equip everything.

Make VP work with melee only, or scrap it and give true melee skills (Sunder/BF/Reave etc., not Spectral Throw) inherent "leech applies instantly".
Also, nerf leech on Vinktar but buff the flask in some other way.
My build guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180198

Taking a break from PoE, catch me up in Warframe: https://www.warframe.com/signup?referrerId=5b625847f2f2eb0ea0750322
Use above link for free booster when you sign up! :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info