Best skill gems for fresh start in new league on Marauder?

So I'm trying what works quickest on a new league start but besides the fire trap I'm not sure what works best with marauder to get the bit extra dps on bosses for example?
I used freezing pulse from shadow but noticed to late it had int requirements which means that you cannot level it quick enough.
So is for example ground slam the best option together with fire trap till you hit level 12 and get fire storm?
Last bumped on Feb 23, 2017, 2:35:09 PM
Ground Slam/Molten Strike->Sunder->Earthquake is how I usually level these kind of characters. Using the %phys vendor recipe can get you a decent enough weapon until you find something better.
U MAD?
Well I hear most people that firestorm which you can get as marauder is also very good for leveling quick so think I'm going that route but maybe I should focus on melee skill gems?
"
Krekel82 wrote:
Well I hear most people that firestorm which you can get as marauder is also very good for leveling quick so think I'm going that route but maybe I should focus on melee skill gems?

It just depends on whether you are going to play a caster Mara or a melee Mara. If you are picking up a bunch of melee nodes, it doesn't make sense to level with firestorm. If you are pathing up to a bunch of caster nodes, then leveling with melee skills will be shit.

Also, you can't use Firestorm until act 2 anyway (well, level 12, which should be right after you kill Merveil). So you need something until then. Leveling with Firetrap/Freezepulse until then IS pretty standard caster leveling, but as a Marauder it may not be the best option.

You also have to consider that with a new league you don't have gear. No twink leveling shit. You will have to use the +1 wand/sceptre recipe, etc to level as a caster (which is fine, and easy), unless you get lucky and drop a lifesprig/abberath's/ashcaller/etc.
U MAD?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info