Mega Tank

Question to more experienced players.

Hi, so I plan to play some serious MEGA TANK build in new Legacy league. Propably Gladiator, because it seems he fits in it best.

I found two builds, one called lazy pally, with shield (The Surrender), and another one with dual wield. Both max block.

After new buffs and nerfs I`m confused. Who do you guys think will be best tank for laggerino like me? I dont have to be clearspeed monster. I play totems since i renember, and got bored of it. Also getting one shotted out of nowhere is annyoing so yeah, maybe some true tank is the answear for me.

I plan playing on new Legacy league, so Im looking for somehing that doesnt require me to have milion exalts to make it work.

Last bumped on Feb 23, 2017, 3:57:26 PM
Well, legacy Aegis will be available so... I would say that maybe?
U MAD?
The Surrender will be arguably harder to obtain. I tried Lazy pally, and I'm not a fan of it. I'd rather do 1h + Shield Gladiator.
"
Docbp87 wrote:
Well, legacy Aegis will be available so... I would say that maybe?

question is how expensive it would be and what difference it would actually make

my recent aegis build has 50k armour, 7 endurance charges, 5k life, 2k ES, 48/67 block/spell block (armour and block listed without Rumis). I know it depends on the build, but I think legacy aegis would make only little (if any) difference to me. super strong elemental hits that go through the block would kill me anyways, same with volatiles (or secondary damage burst) or strong DoTs. the rest I can facetank/afk already
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Feb 23, 2017, 11:40:45 AM
"
fryderyknicze wrote:
Question to more experienced players.

Hi, so I plan to play some serious MEGA TANK build in new Legacy league. Propably Gladiator, because it seems he fits in it best.

I found two builds, one called lazy pally, with shield (The Surrender), and another one with dual wield. Both max block.

After new buffs and nerfs I`m confused. Who do you guys think will be best tank for laggerino like me? I dont have to be clearspeed monster. I play totems since i renember, and got bored of it. Also getting one shotted out of nowhere is annyoing so yeah, maybe some true tank is the answear for me.

I plan playing on new Legacy league, so Im looking for somehing that doesnt require me to have milion exalts to make it work.

Go CI-VP then. The rest is just how you like, it doesn't really matter. You can go 2handed with no defenses at all and still be more tankier than "tank builds". Unfortunately, but that's just how it is.

For developers that don't like people "breaking" their game, they allow some of the most broken cheesing there is.
There is no such thing as a tanker in POE.
I would go with the Surrender if going for a shield build. It lets you use blood rage (which is bad with aegis builds) and doesn't require you to invest in armor or es to be effective (you need 12500 armor with non legacy aegis to match the 250 life gain on block). You should be able to invest more passives into life and dps.

That said legacy aegis is a lot stronger and cannot be ignored (though it suffers from the same downsides as above).
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
EB/MoM Necro with Aegis and Boner Offering. Pure life builds have too low hp totals for my taste.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info