What does vaal discipline do?

When Rory writes that in 2.6,

"
Vaal Discipline no longer grants any bonus energy shield.

what, then, will it do (assuming it will not do nothing)?
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
Last edited by onomastikon on Feb 23, 2017, 6:54:35 AM
Last bumped on Feb 23, 2017, 4:58:47 PM
The damage doesn't stop ES recharge part.
A non-stated effect of Vaal Disc is that it also starts ES Recharge, in addition to not being interrupted by Damage. In practical terms: your ES Recharge is constantly active while Vaal Disc is running, granting incredible amounts of Recovery.
I will take it that the gem does nothing anymore.
"
Deadpeng wrote:

And you would be incorrect xD

Like Vipermagi said, Vaal Disc causes your ES recharge to start. It cannot be interrupted by taking damage (which is what makes it so powerful). Honestly, the RIP VAAL DISC reaction to this is probably a little over the top. The constant, cannot-be-interrupted-ES-Recharge is far more powerful than the added flat ES component. The additional ES was always nice, but the "ES Flask" effect is what I think most of us use it for.
U MAD?
It's a 20-30% ES "regen" while active, for most builds. Decent, but nowhere near Vaal Pact leech levels of recovery.

One would hope for a duration or ES recharge rate gain per level, since getting levels does nothing for the gem now other than the minimal radius increase that all auras have.
But with the current state of CI dominance that's unlikely.

"
Deadpeng wrote:

You're here since 2012. and you still don't know what VD does.

Man, there's a bunch of people that have been playing PoE since 2013. and earlier that still don't know a lot of basic stuff.
"
Docbp87 wrote:
"
Deadpeng wrote:

Like Vipermagi said, Vaal Disc causes your ES recharge to start. It cannot be interrupted by taking damage (which is what makes it so powerful). Honestly, the RIP VAAL DISC reaction to this is probably a little over the top. The constant, cannot-be-interrupted-ES-Recharge is far more powerful than the added flat ES component. The additional ES was always nice, but the "ES Flask" effect is what I think most of us use it for.

Wooow I never knew that it triggers a recovery start. That is quite sick. Now I know how to defeat uber Atziri.
"
Deadpeng wrote:
"
Docbp87 wrote:
"
Deadpeng wrote:

Wooow I never knew that it triggers a recovery start. That is quite sick. Now I know how to defeat uber Atziri.

Pretty sure people told you multiple times in that thread to charge a few vaal discs for the split phases :P
U MAD?
I really thought it was for the bonus ES to tank her skills. Now I see the true reason...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info