[Spanish translation request] Is it time to have a proper Spanish language for Fall of Oriath?

In fact, would you allow me to translate the whole game if I had the chance?

I've been a big fan of Path of Exile since beta, this is the very only game that doesn't give me anxiety nor nervousness from other online games. Players often tend to be friendly and haven't had any kind of conflict against them.

However, spanish ARPG fans from certain forums (where big updates are announced), their threads usually start with a "It's a cool game but I don't wanna play it because my english sucks" or a "So many memories! Does it have spanish translation yet, though?". To be honest, I skip many dialogues between characters and such, but because my current english makes quick reads "annoying".

But there's the point. Now that Fall of Oriath has been recently announced, and adding the fact you still have a margin, could we have a spanish translation? Like I said I wouldn't mind to make it by myself, but like everything... it's your decision.

(By the way, I won't request any kind of payment for it. As sad as it sounds, I never could buy a single supporter pack, so I think this would be my biggest gratitude for you by making such a great ARPG).

Greetings.
Last bumped on Mar 1, 2017, 6:57:49 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I would also love a Spanish translation for PoE. I mean, the game already has a Portuguese version when Spanish speakers are far more numerous and possibly more likely to buy MTX's and stuff...
"
I would also love a Spanish translation for PoE. I mean, the game already has a Portuguese version when Spanish speakers are far more numerous and possibly more likely to buy MTX's and stuff...

Those were exactly my thoughts, there are astonishing amounts of spanish fans in terms of ARPG since Diablo was a thing and this hypothetical translation would massively increase the fanbase.

Despite my current level of english (kinda basic, tbh) I'd really love playing in my native language. Makes reading and lore comprehension way more comfortable.
Sorry for the bump! Could we have a statement about a possible translation?
A friendly reminder that having more people doesn't translate to MTX sales. Places like South America have poor economies usually (to be fair, Brazil had a shit year but people expected it to become a developed country).

Still, a translation would be nice. I know many people that would be uncomfortable translating such a big game even if they know english and they are interested in the game. It's that complex.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on Feb 24, 2017, 11:21:37 AM
Honestly I would prefer online games just using english, because it makes communication so much easier and actually teaches people something. I come from a country which is incredible spoiled in terms of synchros (germany) our movies are often so well synchronized that they are better than the original.

However one issue this created is that germans are terrible at speaking english, while basically every scandinavian is perfect at english because they have to, they don't get their own synchros. And I basically always play games in english even if as a german I often have the option not to.

It makes it easier to play with other people because everyone uses the same word for items.
"
NeroNoah wrote:
A friendly reminder that having more people doesn't translate to MTX sales. Places like South America have poor economies usually (to be fair, Brazil had a shit year but people expected it to become a developed country).

Still, a translation would be nice. I know many people that would be uncomfortable translating such a big game even if they know english and they are interested in the game. It's that complex.

I know, right? It took me almost a decade to "get used" to this universal language through videogames (mostly) and still can't get to a comfortable point when reading or hearing. Perhaps because it's not my native language, but I won't lie... this english is really afar from even being perfect. However making a hypothetical translation would help to improve. I suppose.

"
Emphasy wrote:
Honestly I would prefer online games just using english, because it makes communication so much easier and actually teaches people something. I come from a country which is incredible spoiled in terms of synchros (germany) our movies are often so well synchronized that they are better than the original.

However one issue this created is that germans are terrible at speaking english, while basically every scandinavian is perfect at english because they have to, they don't get their own synchros. And I basically always play games in english even if as a german I often have the option not to.

It makes it easier to play with other people because everyone uses the same word for items.

Won't deny your argument since you have a point, however think that not everyone is good at this universal language. Of course, including myself, as you can see. It took me years of learning and still, can't turn to a decent level.

But there's a little incoherence: Grinding Gear Games already made their step and translated up to 2 languages at the moment. Knowing this, why do you think it would hurt to expand having more languages? There are ALREADY spanish people playing. As there are a variety of servers, people from many countries are being able to enjoy this game, and Spain (South America too I suppose :P) it's not an exception. So a translation wouldn't hurt either <3

To put you an example, many MMORPGs and other online games are often released in multi-language. Despite this fact, their players KNOW how are the mechanics, and how they are known. English will and always be the "meet-up" between the playerbase. It won't be a problem for Path of Exile, can assure.
+1 an spanish translation would be very nice, but i also would like new servers in new locations, you can't have one server for the whole of south america for example, i am from Chile, and Brazil is far away, so i play with a lot of ping.
"
Hughs wrote:
+1 an spanish translation would be very nice, but i also would like new servers in new locations, you can't have one server for the whole of south america for example, i am from Chile, and Brazil is far away, so i play with a lot of ping.

You guys deserve a new server, definitely. What is your usual ping playing from Brazilian server?
Last bump for awareness, won't bother anymore about this topic. It's up to GGG after all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info