Theory of future PoE (Suggestive Analysis)

So I've been thinking about the future of PoE a lot since the announcement of 3.0 and I'm going to share a future-plans theory with everyone. Please note I know this is purely theoretical. I'd like to hear what everyone has to say about these ideas.

So with all of these awesome things happening in PoE for Legacy League, it only took one question to get me on this path: What would happen if leaguestones were added to standard? I first took for granted the idea that the motivation would be the allowance of Xbox players to experience past league content. However, that was just the beginning of this rabbit hole. If leaguestones were added, I believe it's biggest influence on the game would be end/later-game. The reasoning for this conclusion is obvious; legacy uniques.(I know some of you will mention legacy leveling uniques such as FB, however the offset to this problem will be discussed below.) With that in mind, I know GGG wouldn't just let them sit in the game and allow people to use them in the current state of mechanics. To keep legacy uniques in the game, there would only be one solid enough solution that I could fathom; nerfing the passive tree damage. Just hear me out. With the passive tree damage nerfed, the first thing I thought of was: "Oh, people would have to take their time going through the content if it posed a true challenge from nerfed stats during the leveling phase. Maybe that's what they want for 3.0." Also, "The legacy uniques would make up for the lack of power once you get into later-game." Then I remembered leaguestones again. The leaguestones would get rid of a BIG chaos sink; Zana mods. With all of this extra chaos, naturally chaos crafting becomes much more relevant. I believe this is good regardless of circumstances. Who doesn't love crafting beyond aug-regal? Suddenly, legacy uniques aren't the only things making up for the loss of stats in the end-game. There's a large influx of high-tier rares. This would contribute to closing the gap from nerfing the tree damage.

In the end, I believe that these changes would really allow people to focus more on content and leveling, while still maintaining an even more expansive meta in the later-game, with all of the legacy uniques brining back past builds and joining forces with new modern uniques to create an enormous end-game. Yes, this means clearspeed doesn't go away. It never will. People will always compete for speedruns in any game. But it also means that before destroying Shaper with this much larger menu of face-roll flavors, which people will inevitably do, leveling might have a bit more of a meta itself (Players might even turn vendor-tier uniques into useful tools for getting through acts 1-10).

I believe this might be where the developers are headed with the game. I also think all of this sounds brilliant when it's pieced together. Lastly, I believe the 3.0 content would be far more rich, and realized in its fullest potential under these circumstances.

Do you think this is where the game is headed?

Would you enjoy this Path of Exile?

Do you have any alternate theories to add to this thread?

Last edited by Zacheous on Feb 21, 2017, 8:03:10 PM
Last bumped on Feb 21, 2017, 7:57:17 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Not sure this is feedback...try general discussion or off topic?
~ I am Wreaclast middle class and proud of it!
~ Poor investment =/= entitlement to compensation.
~ Build smart, build S-mart!
"
Not sure this is feedback...try general discussion or off topic?

It's more of a suggestion in a theory costume. :)
Last edited by Zacheous on Feb 21, 2017, 7:59:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info