Newbie league questions

So, I just started to play PoE and I started in Standard League. I am playing 6 toons (1 of each class) and level very slowly. I have a few questions about the upcoming Legacy League.

1. Can I switch from Standard to Legacy League?
2. If so, is that done per character or account?
3. What happens to all the junk I have in my Standard League stash? Will it get moved or left behind?
4. Is there any point to being in a league realm if I am low level? Most of my toons are still on Act 1. Is most of the league stuff end-game?
Last bumped on Feb 21, 2017, 2:31:15 AM
1. Nope.
4. The league mechanic plays out throughout the entire game. Well, not in the normal difficulty Twilight Strand, to be exact, but everything from the first town onwards.
As a League player, I'd say it's very much worthwhile playing the Leagues, especially if you don't have much of an investment on Standard anyways. Stashes are separate per League, but at the end of the temporary League everything is migrated to Standard.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Feb 20, 2017, 12:32:25 PM
"
Jargosh wrote:
Can I switch from Standard to Legacy League?

No.

The entire point of challenge leagues is that they offer a fresh start. :)

"
Jargosh wrote:
What happens to all the junk I have in my Standard League stash?

It is available for your characters on Standard.

"
Jargosh wrote:
Is there any point to being in a league realm if I am low level?

Typically you'll see more players on the temporary leagues.

"
Jargosh wrote:
Most of my toons are still on Act 1.

I'd really suggest you pick one character and try to get as far as you can on it. You'll see more of the game that way and you'll probably have more fun while you're at it!

"
Jargosh wrote:
Is most of the league stuff end-game?

It varies from one challenge league to the next!

Currently in Breach League you can find those breach-opening hands in most zones no matter how low a level your character is. There is some more content at higher levels, yes.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
Last edited by Sarno on Feb 20, 2017, 12:38:04 PM
Thanks everyone. More questions.

1. What happens to a toon in a league after the league is over? Does it disappear or get transferred to the next league or to standard?
2. What happens to stash junk from the league after it is over?
"
Jargosh wrote:
What happens to a toon in a league after the league is over?

Using Breach as an example;
  • Breach characters migrate over to Standard.
  • Breach Hardcore characters migrate over to Hardcore.

"
Jargosh wrote:
What happens to stash junk from the league after it is over?

It gets migrated along with your characters.

Non-empty stash tabs are turned into Remove Only tabs in the parent league. They never expire, but any item inside one which you pick up - even by clicking on it accidentally - can never be placed back inside. Empty Remove Only tabs are deleted the next time you log in.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info