help with LA build - double dip vs raw chaos

so a little background, I am currently using a mix of cmphx's king of the forest poison LA reachzerker and sossaman_'s kaom's council builds. The build is based off poison with main gem links in reach of the council being ( LA, pierce, poison, void manipulation, slower proj, and added chaos damage ) with queen of the forest for lots of move speed.

I was thinking about changing this to a voltaxic rift build with links ( LA, pierce, faster attacks, added lightning, GMP, and weapon elemental damage ). I was considering this change because I'm mostly speed running mid tier maps trying to hit 100 or at least 95. My logic is that I wouldn't really need the poison and more raw chaos damage would be beneficial - if double dipping with poison would still be better damage please correct me. I haven't enough currency yet to test out with a voltaxic rift so please, any feedback would be great. I just love LA since I started playing it.

edit: this is the planned tree - if i do get 100, the plan is to get coordination then go up to blood siphon
http://poeplanner.com/AAUAAPshKwB7xthYYz38jM_2SF8_FCDvDsEEeWipblivNuiGYDpSMn4OPN-_20_gwyW8FHH46_PdaGXqGPcyfNl34wHchNlHfr02ZU2-p3XLt7aNfkMxwzNaGr_VU7vawS5T02907QUtTP9OKluvFHXl5pzEtyJ311b6fyvWiqr4qKLB2DB8UUeVBQiJmvFdaMqpN9TtPz7PveaNv9QjBbUajVsmf_vAGngNtfI1kti9bztybGxGMgnC7LTFDPKly2KsbIxVhTY9G8jP3fGKtUjrYxEvAx4fQdhg1y1JD-4O_MV46wqbKlt59kM2Uuz4X1_QIZDqEL8IJDcW6ZhXAAAAAAA=
Last edited by ExquisiteMeiMain on Feb 19, 2017, 9:11:13 PM
Last bumped on Feb 20, 2017, 12:18:45 PM
I don't really see the point of using a chaos conversion item if you're not gonna use poison. You could just do a Doomfletch build and deal more damage. But that would need entirely different gear, mainly jewellry. You'd lose the reflect-protection, I guess.

Btw this sort of double-dipping build typically doubles the impact dps within a single second, so you'd need to increase your impact dps by a LOT just to break even. If you're already killing rares on maps with bad map mods almost instantly, then it wouldn't matter I guess.

Lastly, looking at the tree: do you think staying on BM is a good idea? Voltaxic builds, and elemental bow builds in general benefit a lot from reservation.

I figured go high chaos damage to go straight to hp on mobs.

I had no idea about the BM with voltaxic builds. I didn't even really think about auras really. I just use Grace for more evasion with queen.

So would it be best to stay on poison if I want enough dps to speedrun?
Well, Voltaxic usually goes for Wrath + HoT. I don't see why you think playing a poison build slows you down to begin with. You can just run past things once the poison is on them. I played a Raider version of noncrit Reach poison and didn't find it slow at all (on an 5L, with Snakebite). But you do whatever you think fits your playstyle best.

I just didn't like the idea that I would miss something or that something good would randomly drop 3 screens away
"
I just didn't like the idea that I would miss something or that something good would randomly drop 3 screens away

In that case, the built in loot filter can help. It provides some nice acoustic feedback whenever something worth picking up drops.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
There used to be a bug exploit of going raw chaos with Hungry Abyss jewel (imagine vinktars leech amount, but permanent uptime), but was so quickly nerfed by GGG before anyone could even make anything viable out of it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info