Poison Blade Vortex Necromancer - The perfect balance and the most unethical build

Welcome.

Viable???

Yes it is Shaper and Uber Atziri and everything else viable. In fact it downs Shaper's phases in under 20 seconds (with lvl 19 gems).

This is a quick guide to my most recent build. This is one of the strongest builds I have played in terms of both offense and defense. This build runs 6 auras, 3 curses and Arctic Armour while maintaining very (extremely) high damage output.
You will see what I mean by "Unethical" later on in the Unethical section.

Quick disclaimer: This build is very expensive and not intended for new players. Budget versions may be done but I don't really know it will work as well.

Anyway let's get to the build.

First off is a few screenshots of my offense and defense.

Screenshots

Offense

With only auras
Spoiler

With flasks and offering and 20 stacks
Spoiler

Fully buffed with Conc.
Spoiler

*Keep in mind that these tooltips don't include POISON DAMAGE which constitutes about 80% of my damage

Defense

With auras
Spoiler

Auras, Flasks and Offering
Spoiler

Looks good? Let's move onto pros and cons of this build

Pros and Cons

Pros:
-Extremely high damage
-Extremely defensive (6 auras and 3 curses)
-Everything viable

Cons:
-Very expensive (~30 ex)
-Slow clearspeed (kinda)
-Needs a bit of setup to deal the most damage on bosses
-No leech outside of Atziri's Promise (Can run Warload's mark if you want)

Skilltree

Skilltree at lvl 91
http://poeurl.com/3lk

The rest of the levels, you can pick up the chaos clusters near Vaal Pact and Minion Instablity or more ES(recommended)

Gear

Basically the best in slot for this build since it gives ~200% inc damage that double dips with poison. It's like the Doryani's Catalyst of Poison builds

We're no life so this is basically best in slot also.

No need to explain. This shit is broken. Stun immunity. More ES than any other amulets. 60% chaos res. Nice balance GGG.

This is needed to run Grace and an Aura on life. You can op out of this if you have a lvl 4 Enlighten.

Basically generic high ES and INT gear. I don't have that much resists on gear but I'm still elemental weakness overcapped. You may also notice that I don't have that much mana regen on gear I will explain why in the Unethical section

We run Doedre's because you run 3 curses and an Unset Ring because we need more gem slots.

*Keep in mind we need 155 dex and 111 str to equip all our stuff

Gem links

Chest

You may notice that I have 2 Blade Vortexes in the setup. I will explain why in the Unethical Section. For now let's just say it gives 100% more damage which is better than any other gems.

Gloves

Helmet

Boots

Weapon

Shield

Ring

Ascendancy

Necromancer.
Mistress of Sacrifice. Spirit Eater. Commander of Darkness. Beacon of Corruption.

Why Necromancer?
-Because it gives about 100% Minion damage that gets converted to damage that double dips with The Scourge.
-Spirit Offering for 42% damage as chaos damage and ~1000 Energy Shield
-Commander of Darkness gives us about 100% inc damage(that double dips) and about 50% cast speed which allows us to drop Faster Casting

What about... Occultist or Assassin or Pathfinder?
They are all acceptable Ascendancies. It is up to you.

Auras

We run 6 auras.

Grace is our MVP. You may notice that we don't have much leech on our gear and tree. Grace basically resolves that problem. Monsters up to tier 16 will barely hit you.
However you can totally run Haste instead of Grace but I don't know if it's worth it.

We run a low level Clarity mostly get the benefit from Commander of Darkness.

*You will need a lvl 19 Blood Magic and lvl 3 Enlighten to be able to use Grace and a 35% Aura on our life.

We also run Arctic Armour to get Phys and Fire reduction because we facetank a lot.

We run 3 curses on Curse on Hit so we can fit 6 auras. The typical 3 that you would expect from Poison builds.

You can choose to drop Enfeeble/Temporal Chains to run Warload's Mark but I think it is unnecessary.

Unethical

I don't expect people to read all of this but I promise you will find this extremely CRAZY and AMAZING. It does not apply only to this build but what is said here can be applied to any other Blade Vortex build and it is amazing.

Alright if you actually read my guide, you may probably have noticed that I referred to this section a lot.
Let's me explain what "unethical" means.
It's originally a meme created by Havoc(?) that basically criticizes broken mechanics like double dipping damage.
But my build goes beyond that. It abuses both double dipping damage and real broken mechanics.

Let's me explain how Blade Vortex currently works.
Unlike before, only 1 Blade from a Blade Vortex gem hits, even when you have 20 stacks. It just hits more often (5 times/s at 20 stacks).

However, the problem arises when you use more than 1 Blade Vortex gem.
This is hard to explain so bear with me.

(Why I have 2 Blade Vortexes in my chest)
You may have noticed that the tooltip dps increases with the more blades you have. That is because each blades adds 30% more damage to the base damage. So at 20 blades, you have 600% more damage.
However, Blade Vortex does not care how many stacks of that Blade Vortex gem are present to calculate the damage, it only cares about how many stacks of ALL Blade Vortex gems are present.
For example, if you have 19 lvl 1 BV stacks and 1 lvl 20 BV stack running. The lvl 20 BV will still deal as much damage as if you had 20 stacks of lvl 20 gem. This allows us to use a Curse on Hit BV setup without losing any bit of damage.

However this can be extended beyond.

What if you have 2 lvl 20 BV gems?
Well you may have guessed it right, when you have 20 stacks, both gems will hit as if we had 20 stacks of each gem regardless of how many stacks each has. So it is literally a 100% more damage multiplier even though we still only have 20 stacks.
This is why we have 2 Blade Vortex in my chest because it is a 100% more damage multiplier which is better than any other gem I could have possibly put in.

Amazed yet? Well it can even be extended beyond that.

(Why I don't need mana regen)
You may have notice I barely have any mana and mana regen at all, but I still can stack up to 20 stacks with out any trouble.
That's because I use the 1 link BV (costs 6 mana) in my Curse on Hit setup to stack up the blades and I only stack up the other 2 gems (costs 54 mana) once.
And yes the other 2 gems will deal damage as if it had 20 stacks each.
Basically this allows us to remove any mana regen on gear and tree and invest in more ES and Intelligence instead.

So... why don't you use 6 or more diffrent Blade Vortex gems?
Because at some point it's not worth it to do that because the damage increase gets successively worse and it gets successively hard to keep up all the blade vortexes.

2 is the perfect balance in my opinion but you're welcome to use more.

Also you can test this easily.

How to set up to deal the most damage

Stack up your Blade Vortexes with your Curse on Hit Blade Vortex
Hit your other 2 Blade Vortex ONCE or twice it doesn't matter.
Use your Offering.
Wither totem.
And go.

Damage

For the tooltip warriors
Base damage: 633,454/s
Poison damage: 8,083,147/s
Total damage: 8,716,600/s

After 3.8 seconds

Video

Sorry my computer is crap. I may put up a few but don't expect much.
Shaper Phase 3

Thanks for reading
Last edited by thunderring on Feb 25, 2017, 7:35:58 PM
Last bumped on Feb 18, 2017, 11:18:00 PM
Reserved

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info