Fast mass-identify/flask rotation macro

Restriction of in game macro is:
1 server side action bound to 1 user input
Correct me if im wrong but does that mean one can do a macro that uses flask n1 then flask n2 then flask n3 etc and bound it to mouse scroll?
It is indeed 1action per 1click and thus it isnt breaking ingame law?
Moreover because mouse movement is not server-side action it is possible to make a macro that points to wisdom scroll clicks it then points to every slot in bag and use scroll, everything under mousescroll so 1 or 2 finger moves and we got whole inventory identified.

Can i have some confirmation from ggg that such macros are allowed?

EDIT some ggg posts about macros:
"
Gary_GGG wrote:
A macro is only legal if it is user activated, and performs a single action with a single command. This macro is strictly against the Terms of Use, as it is triggered, and could result in your account being permanently banned.

"
Nichelle_GGG wrote:

A macro is allowed if it is manually controlled and only performing one 'action' per use. Again, if you're unsure of a certain macro please don't hesitate to contact us for further clarification, thanks!

"
Brian_GGG wrote:

In general, macros are allowed, as long as one key press translates into a single action, and isn't automated/on a timer.
A macro to exit the game would be OK, but a macro to hit multiple flasks at once would not be.

(btw made double thread thanks to "duplicate submission token" and i cant see "delete thread option")
Last edited by davinci663 on Feb 19, 2017, 11:39:27 AM
Last bumped on Feb 19, 2017, 5:40:21 PM
I can't say for sure about the scroll wheel, but I'd imagine no. It's not just one output per input since it's alternating. It'd be like if you bound your '1' key to use flask 1, then next press it uses flask 2 and so on, so you could just spam the '1' key. It's multiple outputs from the same input, so I'd bet it's not allowed. You'd probably get a better answer from someone official though.

As for the moving mouse over the wisdom scroll macro, I know 100% that is not allowed. Anything that moves the mouse to a set coordinate is not allowed. I think GGG has made a public statement regarding it before, but if not I've also asked support about it, and the answer was no. It's not server-side, but is banned for similar reasons to why using a Popsicle stick over your flask keys is.

Refrain from using the scroll wheel macro until you get an official response. If it's not allowed, you could get suspended for using it without knowing if it's allowed or not.
This is not allowed. I wrote an email asking about the flask macro, and the identification macro would also be disallowed - it's activating the wisdom scroll, then using it. Two actions.
"You go on pretending that you own the universe,
And we'll all be here watching as you're falling down to Earth."
On a side note, I find it humorous whenever I see people ask about macro's like this. Is it that hard to do it manually? I have ~ 8-10k hours played and I never even thought of using a macro for flasks, id'ing items and such. No bashing, just weirded out by it. I guess it would make sense if you had physical issues like nerve damage and such though.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
"
XigTek wrote:
This is not allowed. I wrote an email asking about the flask macro, and the identification macro would also be disallowed - it's activating the wisdom scroll, then using it. Two actions.

So i would take 2scrolls not 1, which to a normal user is like 1/5 of 1 "normal" scroll move

"
Shazamarang wrote:
I can't say for sure about the scroll wheel, but I'd imagine no. It's not just one output per input since it's alternating. It'd be like if you bound your '1' key to use flask 1, then next press it uses flask 2 and so on, so you could just spam the '1' key. It's multiple outputs from the same input, so I'd bet it's not allowed. You'd probably get a better answer from someone official though.

Actually im pretty sure key cycling like binding 1 key to cycle through 1-5 is allowed.
To identify that it is indeed 1key pressed 5times not 5keys 1time ggg would need to have a tool to check it.

Also bumping for ggg response
Last edited by davinci663 on Feb 19, 2017, 11:32:15 AM
You've been told to email them...do that???

From what you say it dose i would have to say that you are erring on the side of a ban, thats upto you if you don't want to email them and get an answer
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Just wanted to get an official mail on official forum thats what this forum is for.
Thread was moved by ggg but no official response yet so i will indeed mail them.

"
lagwin1980 wrote:
You've been told to email them...do that???

From what you say it dose i would have to say that you are erring on the side of a ban, thats upto you if you don't want to email them and get an answer

Making threads on forum is not "erring on the side of a ban"
"
davinci663 wrote:

No, making a post on the forum and assuming the lack of an answer makes it OK to use when it's not, IS, email them get an answer it's that simple
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
"
davinci663 wrote:

No, making a post on the forum and assuming the lack of an answer makes it OK to use when it's not, IS, email them get an answer it's that simple

There is only 1person assuming things that were not told and its you.
Didnt wrote that im using/will use that if i got no answer, what is your problem?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info