Dual Wield, lets discuss

I think dual wield needs to be revisited.

From a logical standpoint, wouldnt someone be MORE nimble if theyre dual wielding vs having a shield?

I feel that dual wield survivability needs to be amped up and maybe give some sort of global evasion bonus for dual wielders.
Not sure if this should be accomplished via a keystone etc...

Im pretty sure in all those kung fu movies id seen growing up, dual wield super ninja assassins were agile as hell
"The problem with scrubcore is that it is full of of scrubs"
- King Edward the Longshanks
Last bumped on Feb 17, 2017, 5:59:02 PM
"
eebertay wrote:
I think dual wield needs to be revisited.

From a logical standpoint, wouldnt someone be MORE nimble if theyre dual wielding vs having a shield?

I feel that dual wield survivability needs to be amped up and maybe give some sort of global evasion bonus for dual wielders.
Not sure if this should be accomplished via a keystone etc...

Im pretty sure in all those kung fu movies id seen growing up, dual wield super ninja assassins were agile as hell

No?

Dual wield is meant to be more offensive than wielding weapon + shield.
The issue is that DW sucks at what it's doing because the damage gain is physical instead of generalized attack.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Feb 17, 2017, 5:37:15 PM
"
Nephalim wrote:

Dual wield is meant to be more offensive than wielding weapon + shield.
The issue is that DW sucks at what it's doing because the damage gain is physical instead of generalized attack.

Yet, GGG globally nerfed block on shields. Much easier to block cap as dual wielding and still retain a good amount of DPS.

Spoiler
1h weapons are getting buffed in 2.6, so while it helps 1h+shield, it also helps dual-wielding too.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Dual Wielding in general causes issues because outside of the shadow buff you only know about if you go forum or wiki-diving, it's not actually any better than using a single 1H weapon and an empty off-hand.

Alternating attacks between the two weapons at averaged attack speed means you're getting 50% of the overall DPS of either weapon, the way dual wielding is 'intended' to work. What's the flippin' point? Especially when buying two ballin' 1H weapons is vastly more expensive than a single ballin' 2H, or a 1H and a decent shield.

The hidden dual wield buff is supposed to address this, but it doesn't do anything except make people want to go Southpaw-style on as many builds as they can, to consolidate their DPS on a single good weapon. Outside mirror'd unique things like Touch of Anguish builds or the like, it's quite rare to see a straight-up dual wield that wouldn't be better off just picking up something else to do.

Eliminate or mitigate the dual-wield buff, then apply a portion of each weapon's damage to attacks made by the other weapon. You're using two weapons at once, so act like it. Or keep the current alternating animation, but mix the two weapons' damage together for any DW-viable techniques, a'la Dual Strike. Or do something else to make dual wielding feel less like spending two hands on a one-handed job.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info