How will the resistance handicap change?

With the abolishment of cruel and merciless difficulties, how will the resistance handicap change?

Will it be enforced based on player level or raised act by act?

Given that merciless posed a -60% handicap on all resistances it would be only evident to introduce a -6% reduction every new act, reaching -60% by act ten.

Also would this mean that we have to complete every act before mapping?

Will I have to defeat every act boss I already beaten? How will the boss fights scale. Especially Malachai. I have time to worry about the rest later.
Last bumped on Feb 21, 2017, 10:55:09 AM
According to the Ziggy/Chris chat, there will be two plot events that drop your resists by 30% each and mapping will be available from some point in Act 10.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Last edited by viperesque on Feb 16, 2017, 6:06:25 PM
"
viperesque wrote:
mapping will be available from some point in Act 0

Wow, that's a lot of new map tiers! :P
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
"
Sarno wrote:
"
viperesque wrote:
mapping will be available from some point in Act 0

Wow, that's a lot of new map tiers! :P

lol sorry, I'm currently on a laptop without a functioning 1 key and I sometimes forget.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Thanks for the answers.

So giving that most of my players are already mapping (level 70- level 90). These characters are mostly old characters that I created when PoE started back in 2013, some of them was in closed beta in 2011-12.

So I guess if I want to continue mapping I have to complete every act starting from which act is that character currently in, whether if it was cruel or merciless.

Well, I don't mind it, since it will be new stuff, mostly.

PS: I finally got my cape for my Lvl 89 Starforge Lacerate/Cyclone Slayer. YAY!!!!!

I hope that later they will introduce the cape as a standalone mtx though!
"
Peterking72 wrote:
Thanks for the answers.

So giving that most of my players are already mapping (level 70- level 90). These characters are mostly old characters that I created when PoE started back in 2013, some of them was in closed beta in 2011-12.

So I guess if I want to continue mapping I have to complete every act starting from which act is that character currently in, whether if it was cruel or merciless.

Well, I don't mind it, since it will be new stuff, mostly.

PS: I finally got my cape for my Lvl 89 Starforge Lacerate/Cyclone Slayer. YAY!!!!!

I hope that later they will introduce the cape as a standalone mtx though!
In the past, everytime they added to the end of the game, all characters who had reached that point were given credit for reaching the end of the new content in the previous difficulty levels. Like when act 4 was added, characters who had beaten act 3 in Normal and Cruel didn't have to go back and beat act 4 in those difficulties to continue in Merciless. So it might be that if you have access to maps (ie the merciless Solaris quest clearing the blockage) on existing characters, you'll be grandfathered into maps in when the new content is added. That'd be my guess how they'll handle it.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Feb 16, 2017, 6:54:01 PM
I hope that these new acts also bring some side quests that give us some more passive points. Some of my chars could really use it. :)

If they do add side quest we can hopefully get at least 6 more passive points. Given that we can handle pre-map content.

I also wonder what level will act 10 areas be. If they want to preserve the current level 70 cap on the main quest areas that means that they have to push down some areas to lower levels.
So that means that act 4 is around level 28, which means That the Malachai fight would be weaker than a previously "normal" level Malachai. Or something like that. Who really knows...
"
Peterking72 wrote:
=
If they do add side quest we can hopefully get at least 6 more passive points. Given that we can handle pre-map content.

They are not. The plan is that on reaching the end of the ten acts you will have the same number of passives that characters now have at the end of merciless. They are not increasing the number of passives that characters get.
U MAD?
Well if they're not adding points then maybe those god powers will come handy.

On the other hand maybe it's just this expansion where we're not getting further points, because basically we are not getting any acts that is higher than level 70.

Maybe future acts will come with more points and take us to level 80, leaving the last 20 levels to mapping.

I also think that GGG reached a point where adding further acts would be pointless without raising the level cap of the final act.

So if we go by numbers -10 acts to level 70, meaning 7 levels per act- then if there is an act 11 in the future it has to be at least level 75, level 77 at max to fit in the pattern.

Level 77 areas can easily level characters to 80, leaving the rest to maps. Heck level 77 areas even can level characters halfway to 90 or further, so maybe 75 is enough.

Anyway my point is that there is only so many acts that you can squeeze in before you have to raise the level cap. Otherwise low level acts and act bosses can become meaningless.

GGG is definitely at the breaking point.

I'm definitely keen to experience these bosses at their new levels. I just hope that they haven't lost their mojo...XD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info