How good would this run PoE

Gaming Combo: AMD FX-6300 Vishera 6-Core 3.5GHz, MSI 970A-G43 Plus ATX MOBO, HyperX FURY 8GB DDR3 1866, WD Blue 1TB HDD, MSI GeForce GTX 1060 ARMOR 3GB, EVGA 500W PSU, Rosewill Galaxy-02 ATX CASE
Last bumped on Feb 11, 2017, 3:40:05 PM
"
alsbeth1535 wrote:
WD Blue 1TB HDD
prepare to constant rips and horrible load times
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Seriously, drop that 1TB HDD and get a SSD for the same price. You don't need 1TB of storage. V:
Unless you really do. But for games only... nah.

Not only your games will run smoothly, but your system load times and programs will also improve a lot.

A friend of mine was thinking about buying SSD, but wasn't sure about that. I told him to do so. He did, and now he doesn't want to even go back to computers without SSDs. V:
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Feb 9, 2017, 5:05:40 AM
LOL i have alot of Steam games lol ALOT of steam games
"
silumit wrote:
"
alsbeth1535 wrote:
WD Blue 1TB HDD
prepare to constant rips and horrible load times

i respectfully disagree.

while it was true that, in the past with the un-optimised engine, rips did occur when opening, say, strongboxes in ambush league (or coin-hunting in perandus league), that time has now passed.

i've played on an old laptop with a 5,400 rpm mechanical hard drive up until only recently: load times were tolerable and rips due to hard drive lags within the past few months were extremely rare (if any).

having said that, yeah, if one's budget allows, get a reasonable capacity SSD. else, a modern mechanical hard drive would suffice for PoE for the immediate future.

(fwiw, my new main pc also only uses a mechanical hard drive.)

this isn't my game-playing account; just my forum-posting account :P
Well, well, well.
Spoiler
Well!
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Good. Would run a lot better with an SSD tho.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
Good.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info