[2.5] Toxic Banana: Dreamfeather Spectral Throw Berserker

Here comes a new build i made, utilizing two Dreamfeathers, with the added chaos gem and lots of double dipping action from poison. It has great clearspeed, and single target DPS. Probably the best build ive ever made.

This build will NOT show its true potential until you got higher level gems, and quality gems. I recommend buying a lvl 18 Added chaos gem at 66, and a level 20 at level 70. Your dps will suck without it.

Videos

Pros
Spoiler
*Great clear
*Great single target damage
*Pretty good survivability
*Pretty high movement speed
*Whirling Blades
*Vaal Pact
*Insane life leech
*Banana Throw

Cons
Spoiler
*Mediocre life, dodge one-shots (max ~5k)
*Evasion based, so no mitigation from physical attacks
*Vaal Pact
*Needs gem swap for single targets
*Point blank (you need to stand in melee range)

Tree
Spoiler
http://poeplanner.com/AAQAAP0hCwB8xthYYz38jM_2SF8_wQR5aKlud-MB3ITZR369NmVNvqd1y82YjX5DMdrBdO0FLXrvTP9OKluvDY38xe4Oo4oj9k2SjX0wfFFHjb_UIzBx3ahLeDpCwzoqOO96037EogBeGY7tgwguh3bjn0p9FCDvDlBHwBp4DbXyNZLYvf4K8kU64f6PTeOmV287LlPTb6Ei9PiiQAHRr-s31O0_JIsPqxa_JpVh4lVLaoz1b8gUxq7E9nKp9zJ82ZcGGYq3tqLZsNibtYTFPs-95sMzWhoknWJa35g8LYNfFHWkwrc-g8ywq8SCivDpRvhfX9AhkOoQvwgkNxbpmFcAAAAAAA==

Ascendancy: Crave the Slaughter - Aspect of Carnage - Pain Reaver - Cloaked in Savagery.
I went with Pain Reaver first. It was a mistake. You want Aspect of Carnage ASAP. Just spec into the duelist leech nodes until you got pain reaver.

Leveling
Spoiler
http://poeplanner.com/AAQAAF0hCwAsxthYYz38jM_2SF8_wQR5aKlud-MB3ITZR369NmVNvqd1y41-QzHawXTtBS167xQg7w5QR8auxPZyqfcyfNm3tuRRZ5uuPupi-F9f0CGQ6hC_CCQ3FumYVwAAAAAA
This is how the skill tree should look like around level 30. After that, follow the original skill tree (needs to respec slightly).
Head to resolute technique first, then the travel begins.
I leveled as melee up until level 28, where i could equip Doomfletch. By that time i could also grab the projectile damage at the duelist area. Used that until level 40 where i could use Doomfletch prism instead. The game became Faceroll until around merciless Dried lake, where it really slowed down. Just hang in there the last levels (66/68), thats where the dps starts picking up again.

I used Lightning arrow + Barrage in a tabula while leveling. Use what ever you prefer.

I chose Primal Spirit over Heart of Oak over at the Ranger area. Because the 1% life regen does no affect us due to vaal pact, and its 8% life for 3 points, wich aint efficient. I found that sometimes, with GMP and you were hitting one enemy, you could not leech fast enough to spam ST. Primal Spirit pretty much solved that for me.

Bandits
Spoiler
Oak - Kraityn - Passive/kraityn

Gear
Spoiler

BiS in my opinion. 5 link minimum.
I chose this for the speed it gives. You can choose an evasion based helmet instead if you are having trouble with resists, or you feel life is too low.
Standard gloves. You could potentially go for Snakebite gloves instead, with 3 Pacifism jewels and remove all +1 frenzy charges on the tree to poison that way, if you chose another chest.
Chose these for the high evasion and dodge. Cheap item.
You need int on your jewelry in order to be able to use high level blasphemy and added chaos damage.

Gem setup
Spoiler
Spectral throw - Greater Multiple Projectiles/Slower Projectiles - Faster Attacks - Added Chaos damage - Void manipulation - Pierce. Why pierce and not faster projectiles you may ask? Its because pierce as a MORE damage multiplier, wich makes it the superior gem. And you dont need projectile speed.
Blasphemy- Temporal chains/Projectile Weakness. I think Temporal chains is better defensive wise, and its great for poison too (longer duration).
Vaal Haste - Vaal Grace - Increased Duration
Cast when damage taken (lvl 1) - Immortal Call (lvl 3). Keep these low level, you dont have any endurance charges.
Wither - Spell totem - Faster Casting. Double dips with poison. Use on single targets for insane damage boost.
Whirling Blades - Faster attacks - Fortify - Blood magic
Grace
Blood Rage in your weapon (so you can disable it with weapon swap)

I have never run shaper, or guardians or stuff like that. I probably wont either, but im sure this build can handle it. If someone wants to try feel free to give feedback about it.
Will perhaps upload some videos in the future.

Got any questions? Ask away!
Last edited by SebbeTg on Jan 30, 2017, 12:42:12 PM
Last bumped on Feb 19, 2017, 7:46:24 PM
Video of a T10 map run is being uploaded
Skill tree updated
Vid up
Character Offense Screen? :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info