[2.5] Xoph's Deadeye Double Barrel Shotgun

[2.5] Xoph's Deadeye Double Barrel Shotgun

Hi there, exiles.
My name is Bosh and I play as a Deadeye.

This build guide is describing what I use in Breach league.
I have made it to the no 1. in Deadeye ascendancy on the ladder

The name of the build comes from the unique vaal skill: Vaal Burning Arrow. I use 2 of those skills in in this build. Combining with GMP makes the skill spread like a shotgun slug. However it is only for pure fun, the damage is quite significant. I can shoot 6 of those in less then 2 seconds for free of mana, and the hits can't be evaded.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vaal_Burning_Arrow

So now you know why it's called Double Barrel, so let's move on.

Single target: Burning Arrow 286k+ (unbuffed: 137k+)
Multiple targets: Split arrow with MTX 56k+ (unbuffed: 29k+)
Just for fun: Dual Vaal Burning arrow 20k+ (unbuffed: 13k+)
Life: 5.2k, Eva 62% (74% TOPS), Dodge 45% (72% TOPS), Avoid status ailments 18%, 36% to avoid stun
Crit chance: 56%

[Gear]

I use a close to perfect Xoph's Nurture.

Drillneck and Rat's nest, obvious reasons.
The whole build is built around the Xoph's nurture. While the AoE overlap is nice, you have to compensate for crit chance everywhere you possibly can, if you go for crit version, which I do.
Attack speed is not an issue. Don't pick up any unnecessary nodes.
Belly for life and Gloves for extra proj. damage + resistance on all elements. Must have.

I am making test runs with Queen of the Forest. It gives less health, but I am more evasive and faster. We'll see.

The Blood Dance
This item is so overlooked in my opinion.
Here I went with a +1 Frenzy charge version, previously I was using a +2 vaal skill level, for the dual Vaal Burning arrow setup.

[Accessories]

As I mentioned before, crit chance is important here.
To improve, I will try to get Ele damage on one of the rings / or ammy.

[Flasks]

I go for 3 life flask, just in case. Now that I look there is room for improvement there, definitely.

You can also use other utility flasks, such as Witchfire brew, which I found nice. This is a low roll:

Ultimately, you can go for Dying Sun and Sin's Rebirth

[Tree]

Passive skill tree build

[Bandits]

BANDIT REWARDS:
NORMAL: Help Oak
CRUEL: Help Kraitlyn
MERCILESS: Help Kraitlyn

[Flexiblity]
Alternatively you can drop vaal burning arrow, and use more defense mechanics.
Alternatively you can switch Elemental Focus for Inc. Crit chance or Chance to Ignite or Fire pen.
The reason why I don't go full elemental conversion is that Xoph's Blood is too weak, imo.

I found it to be hard to overcome the resistances and the low life and the missing crit. Sadly.
But you can always try and work around those stats.

Level 97
Atziri, Guardian viable 4/4

Be nice, this is my first build ever posted. Later I will edit and add more content.
See you, exiles,

EDIT: On level 96 I went full defensive, meaning using Grace instead of Anger.
Also dropped the vaal burning arrow to have molten shell as a second CWDT setup

Bosh
Last edited by boshexileplay on Feb 19, 2017, 6:34:31 AM
Last bumped on Feb 1, 2017, 2:52:58 PM
If you could record a video it would be really intresting to see how this clears. Also did you consider the avatar of fire ammulet for 100% fire conversion? Is anger really worth it considering you are scaling of phys dmg? Is ele focuse actually good for your single target, looks like you would get really strong ignites without it? How is your crit chance with this setup? Do you see any way to outsource the power charge generation from your split arrow so you dont map clear with a 4l?
Thanks for your comment netmos.

I will try and make a video, challenge accepted.
I did consider the amulet, and found it to be generally weak.
Ele focus is actually the highest DPS contributor. Alternatively I can go for Crit up to 80%, or Chance to Ignite, or Fire pen. Crit chance 55% as base (with power charges).
I have not yet found a solution to overcome the "4l trap" of Split arrow, due to Power charge generation. Any suggestions are welcome.
Would like to import your character profile into Path of Building but your characters are locked.
I will open them.
https://www.twitch.tv/path_of_void

I'll give this twitch a chance, never tried it before. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info